Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National championship point breakdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

National championship point breakdown

Dec 15, 2017, 8:53 PM

1,500+ priority points – no more than 10 tickets

1000-1499 priority points – no more than 8 tickets

750-999 priority points – no more than 6 tickets

200-749 priority points – no more than 4 tickets

40-199 priority points – no more than 2 tickets

0-39 priority points – will not be receiving tickets

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sez hoo?***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IPTAY. Got the email.***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:56 PM

Re: IPTAY. Got the email.***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:57 PM

Can confirm this is true. Looks like I’ll get my 2 tix!

Re: National championship point breakdown

Dec 15, 2017, 9:01 PM

Sorry. Don’t care how many points you have... no one deserves 10 tickets.. if they have that many points they can probably afford open market tickets..

Dec 15, 2017, 9:09 PM

Or the membership has been placed down by the generations

Dec 15, 2017, 9:11 PM

Even more reason they don’t deserve them. Using their 125 yr old grandmas tickets on the 50yd line is reward enough

That is an unfair generalization

Dec 16, 2017, 8:42 AM

Vast majority of folks at the top of point total have given quite a bit of money themselves and played by the rules given to them (companies used to match donations, etc.).

While there certainly may be some that have benefited from mom and dad, most have paid their own money and to "stereotype" big donors as being people who have lived off others' donations is unfair.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National championship point breakdown***

Dec 15, 2017, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

That thinking is what got us Hatfield/West

Dec 15, 2017, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

I know folks that have been giving at least $4000 a year for more than a decade but still have less than 300 points. To have more than 1000 points, those members have literally given millions to IPTAY.

This ain't Communism, Kim Jong.

Re: That thinking is what got us Hatfield/West

Dec 16, 2017, 4:35 PM

What type of members fill those stands on Saturday, those are the ones that should be getting first dibs on the NCG tickets. And its totally unfair if they're not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not? High level Donors deserve more than

Dec 16, 2017, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

low level donors.

Why would they not?

Life ain't equal. Those that have given more should get more. The fact that you can have 1 IPTAY point and get 2 tickets to Semi is pretty fair, in my opinion. Only 40 IPTAY points to get 2 for Natty.

So is 10 tickets for big donors.

Dec 15, 2017, 9:15 PM

THIS IS ACCURATE!!!

6 tickets, heck yea!***

Dec 15, 2017, 9:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 15, 2017, 9:20 PM

Such nonsense. Who needs 10 freaking tickets??? Guess I need to keep giving more and with greater frequency to even stand a chance. Pretty annoying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solution

Dec 15, 2017, 9:28 PM

They should make every ticket will call only.
10 people in the family all sitting together can pick up together

Re: Solution

Dec 15, 2017, 10:03 PM

yep.. let's run EVERYONE thru will call. that would not cause any backup at all.....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Solution

Dec 15, 2017, 10:07 PM

If done correctly, 20,000 tickets distributed through will call would not cause major backups. Now the "if done correctly" is a stretch but can definitely be done

Why is it anyone's business what I do with

Dec 16, 2017, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Solution ]

my tickets that I have earned??????

This is not the USSR.

I earned 2 tickets (per the distribution system/email). What I do with those 2 tickets is my prerogative.

I need 4...got 2. That is life.

i know a guy that will get 10...he needs 16 just to cover

Dec 15, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

His family. There’s a lot of jealousy on here...

Re: i know a guy that will get 10...he needs 16 just to cover

Dec 15, 2017, 9:56 PM

Sounds good to me. He shouldn't have a problem with will call either. This solution would actually help this guy.

"He shouldn't have a problem with will call either."

Dec 15, 2017, 10:00 PM

Spoken like a person with ZERO experience with 'will call'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "He shouldn't have a problem with will call either."

Dec 15, 2017, 10:03 PM

Maybe not for 80,000 but for these 20,000 tickets that would definitely be doable. Charlotte Hornets non season tickets are almost exclusively will call

Dec 15, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

Or save that money for buying tickets bc there are plenty of tickets to buy before every Clemson game, and that is something that IPTAY should take a look at before times like these. If they are using the ticket during the season, their most likely not using the 10 for the championship games either. They are selling the tickets that pay for their IPTAY membership. Sell the ticket to the people that will set in those seats during the season. There are usually 7 home games a season, if those seats aren't being used by the actual IPTAY member 5 of those 7 season games take them. Clemson has a fan base large enough to see out the IPTAY membership seats every single game every single year and stop the unfair practices being done by IPTAY members that don't give a shiot about going to a single game, and haven't been to a game in years, but they are holding those seat free of charge with the money they make on those Tickets every year!!! It's past time that real Tiger fans that will set in those seats to have a chance to make those seats theirs!!!

There are ticket brokers that support Clemson Athletics by

Dec 15, 2017, 11:37 PM

donating and buying season tickets to resell. Nothing stopping you from doing the same.

But if your saying something like maybe only alums should be able to buy. Or only alums with graduate degrees. Or my favorite: only alums with graduate degrees in Engineering, then I’m all for that. Or at least give them first priority.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The 1500+ dudes are killing it.***

Dec 15, 2017, 9:26 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 15, 2017, 9:29 PM

Well none for me, guess if I want to go I'll have to buy off stubhub from the 1500+ donors flipping their tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 9:46 PM

I wonder how much the folks with these high points actually give yearly. Or did their points come from previous family members

Dec 15, 2017, 10:58 PM

It's a shame that IPTAY isn't smart enough to know that some of those seat are in the names of people that should have been dead and gone 50 years ago, or do they believe that these folks are still going to the games at 120 years old!!!!

If you know of someone doing that, call IPTAY

Dec 16, 2017, 8:45 AM

and report.

Otherwise, you have no basis to know if that is fact or not.

maybe you should learn more about IPTAY

Dec 16, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

There are lifetime donors and similar that give beneficiaries their accounts.

Mostly, here is a bunch of people whining that people who have paid money over time deserve no more than those who have paid very little for a short time.

Maybe just go to China where things are more 'fair' and 'evened' out for the masses.

fkn crybabies!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 16, 2017, 8:32 AM

What hacks me off is the people that order tickets just to sell them for $1500 + and I can't get enough tickets for my family. I have 343 points, IPTAY member for over 40 years.

Curious....what if you had a conflict now and

Dec 16, 2017, 8:40 AM

wanted to sell your tickets?

You have 343 IPTAY points and have given for so many years. How would you feel if you were "banned" from passing those tickets off to somebody else for any reason?

This is America. You earned the right to get the tickets, and you have the right to do with them what you choose.

At least that is how I see it.

Dec 16, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: National championship point breakdown ]

It Sounds like that it's past time to think about that IPTAY membership thing. It would seem that after giving them your money for 40 years regardless of the amount,40 year should be worth a couple of tickets. They give tickets to friends that never give a dime to IPTAY, and they are most likely a big business owner, that a big dog at IPTAY are kissing their A$S!!!!

Dec 16, 2017, 4:45 PM

This big donors already get there recognition when they get honored during tv times in the west end zone

Dec 16, 2017, 5:13 PM

Possible solution???.....What if the number of tix distributed for bowl games was limited to the number of season tickets held. That certainly would keep higher level donors from ordering 10+ if they only have 4 season tickets, but it may allow them to order more than 10+( If they have 10+ season tickets). Seems like a fair way to distribute for the bowl games. But it could be unfair to either High donors or low donors depending on how many season Tickets the larger donors purchase....does anyone have a breakdown of number of season tickets per donor?

Didn't get that email. Should I be worried?

Dec 17, 2017, 4:51 PM

Have a little over 100 points. I have the confirmation email for the request for 2x Rose/Sugar/Citrus/NCG tickets, and I have been charged for Sugar Bowl tickets. Anyone else in this situation?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 6:37 PM

The idea that people are making money on tickets by donating to IPTAY seems a little far-fetched to me. The numbers don't work out. If that is your scheme for getting rich, would you be interested in buying the Superdome? I'll give you a really good deal.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic