Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,538

Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA

Sep 4, 2013, 2:16 PM

The Dawg's center doesn't look back at his qb, instead their left guard watches Murray for the signal then taps the center. I'd imagine this tips the D-line off on when the snap is about to occur.

This probably is only used on the road for crowd noise but it will be interesting to see if it happens Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA

Sep 4, 2013, 2:20 PM

Another interesting thing IMO is that Gurley had 150+ yards and Marshall ~ 45 yards, but neither had a reception. It almost sounds like UGA doesn't try and get the ball to their biggest play-makers in space. I find that odd.

Look what Brooks did for us.

Re: Re: Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA

Sep 4, 2013, 2:22 PM

Marshall caught a pass in the flat

Gurley caught a pass

Sep 4, 2013, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA ]

the 1st play of the game for UGA

Re: Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA

Sep 4, 2013, 2:26 PM

This could be a key to read, but in reality, you still have to go on the ball.

It's not like the defense can't see a leg lift, hand clap, or other signal from the QB. I haven't paid attention to what you brought up, but did the center snap it with the same timing every time the guard signaled? Or was it varied?

Re: I think it is funny

Sep 4, 2013, 2:28 PM

that UGa's qb lifts his leg. Think about it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seemed to snap it after about a one count

Sep 4, 2013, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Something I noticed last yr SC/UGA and Sat CU/UGA ]

which allowed the left guard to come set but I didn't watch the replay to key on it.

Re: He seemed to snap it after about a one count

Sep 4, 2013, 2:43 PM

Many teams will want to establish a set rhythm and let the D zero in so they can vary it in an important situation for the extra yardage.

Re: He seemed to snap it after about a one count

Sep 4, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to He seemed to snap it after about a one count ]

I noticed it last year against USuC. The USuC palyers were timing the snap. That's why they were so disruptive to Murray last year and if htey don't fix it will be again this year. The center almost always snaps it about 1 second after receiving the signal from the guard. If they just change it every now and again then USuC's defense will be caught off balance or off side.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they will need to use a silent snap count

Sep 4, 2013, 2:48 PM

playing in Athens, but you never know... SEC fans aren't that bright when it comes to the nuances of the game. I was in Columbia for a game and the fans in front of us would yell louder when they were on offense than when we were. Go figure.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

You can always tell when the ball is about to be snapped

Sep 4, 2013, 3:09 PM

Usually the center will have his head down and then just before the snap he will pull his head up to protect himself from the oncoming defenders.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,538
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic