Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Coaches Anonymously dish on all 14 ACC teams.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

ACC Coaches Anonymously dish on all 14 ACC teams.

Aug 2, 2017, 12:40 PM

of course, you have to remember they are looking for and picking little things out of context that will stir the pot:

https://athlonsports.com/acc-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2017

Clemson

“In my time in college football, I’ve played a lot of people, but that Clemson team last year, dadgum, they were so good, and their staff does a #### good job. They have creative ways to get people touches, and if you’re a good player, you will touch the ball. With (defensive coordinator Brent) Venables, you wonder how he gets it installed week to week because he changes so much and he morphs. They really copycat what stops you. So if somebody else gave you fits with something, you were going to see it when you play Clemson, and not a lot of people do that."

"Now they’ll steal your signals. People don’t want to talk about it, but the teams that gave them fits were NC State and Pitt because they huddled. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. It’s not a very well-kept secret, but it didn’t matter. They could have told us what was coming on every play and they would have whipped us."

"Their defensive front is a problem. They grow ‘em on trees, but they develop too. Dexter Lawrence, I hope he decides to take the next two years off."

"They’re alright in the secondary, but they grab better than anyone else.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Louisville really got dissed

Aug 2, 2017, 12:53 PM

Louisville

“It’s always hard to project Louisville because they’re kind of a hodgepodge collection of people and they go get four or five juco kids nobody knows about, but it all goes back to Lamar (Jackson)."

"I think the thing that really showed up is people initially thought, ‘We can’t blitz Lamar because of his feet,’ but at the end of the day the blitz is what wrecked his world. I think you go back and look very closely at what Todd Orlando did for Houston against them on that Thursday night, it just absolutely blew them up."

"They had issues up front, and people finally figured out how you had to play them. Recipe-wise, if you sit back and play zone and you just worry about rush lanes, that’s just playing right into his hands. People will play them differently out of the gates this year, and it’s going to put a lot of stress on their offensive line to protect him better."

"Tempo really hurt them on defense, so we’ll see how they adjust. (New defensive coordinator Peter) Sirmon is from that Justin Wilcox tree, but he really got blasted by a couple guys in the SEC (while at Mississippi State) that I didn’t think were very good on offense.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New article; same old quotes about

Aug 2, 2017, 1:25 PM

Clemson stealing signals. Yawn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Coaches Anonymously dish on all 14 ACC teams.

Aug 2, 2017, 1:26 PM

I will say it for the 20th time...if you know a team is stealing your signals, and you don't know how to use that against them...you aren't a very good coach and border on stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "border on stupid"

Aug 2, 2017, 2:01 PM

That is the fence around coot U right??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Coaches Anonymously dish on all 14 ACC teams. ]

Not sure who that idiot is but NCSU scored all of 10 points offensively on Clemson last year. I mean come on

Love the quote about NC State

Aug 2, 2017, 1:31 PM

"Defensively, there might not be a better front four out there in the league aside from Clemson."

Got that right!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 2:22 PM

First quote has to be Babers, he's always been very complimentary of Dabo and Clemson. He's also a very sharp offensive mind, I wouldn't mind seeing Dabo run a camp with Babers.

He said dadgum so assumed it was somebody like Jimbo

Aug 2, 2017, 3:42 PM

Fisher.

Re: He said dadgum so assumed it was somebody like Jimbo

Aug 2, 2017, 9:04 PM

Isn't it all assistant coaches?

I have no idea. That would probably make sense though***

Aug 2, 2017, 9:17 PM

Dadgum? I assumed that was...

Aug 2, 2017, 10:15 PM [ in reply to He said dadgum so assumed it was somebody like Jimbo ]

Bobby Bowden speaking in behalf of Jimbo.

~JKB

Well, if your signals are "steal-able" you've got a problem.

Aug 2, 2017, 3:34 PM

But, you could just do like SCAR did with Bentley and call the QB over to the sideline and whisper in his ear before every play.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, if your signals are "steal-able" you've got a problem.

Aug 2, 2017, 3:49 PM

We must have had Bently mic'd up, bc they huddled and what was the final score of that game?

Aug 2, 2017, 3:52 PM

yet venables owns the GT offense, despite plays not being signaled in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

56-7 with Jakey-pie coming to sidelines for signals***

Aug 2, 2017, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We steal signals ????????

Aug 2, 2017, 4:25 PM

Boo ####### hoo

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic