Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant

Aug 5, 2017, 10:51 PM

Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant

Aug 5, 2017, 10:53 PM

#KellyBryant4Heisman

Go Tigers!

???

Honestly I think opposing teams and even talking heads are

Aug 6, 2017, 7:18 AM

Going to see #2 behind center this year and think... "isn't he supposed to be playing for the Texans?"

I cannot wait for kickoff!

Re: Honestly I think opposing teams and even talking heads are

Aug 6, 2017, 8:27 AM

I think he will surprise some people. If you go back and loot at his hs tape he has an arm and looks like the perfect fit for a spread offense. I hope he puts it all together and takes us back to the promise land

Aug 6, 2017, 8:34 AM

KB deserves his chance. How he responds is on him. I want him to shine.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 10:30 AM

Personally I think DW4 should keep his qb preference to himself. These kink of comments do not promote harmony within this team. Bryant has to win the job on his own merits. This team is not his until he wins the battle on the practice field. IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a vote of confidence, a hand over of power. It's kbs to lose at this point

Aug 6, 2017, 11:44 AM

Unless someone esnrs it. It's still open. But kb is first team right now. Don't make this more than it is. Deshaun knows what he's doing and this isn't hurting anyone else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

Deshaun has earned the right to voice his opinion on his successor.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 6, 2017, 12:42 PM

Successor. HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 12:44 PM

yeah...I definitely had a brain fart.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 6, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

I

Aug 6, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

If the other ten do their job, KB will be great.

THIS ????***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS ????***

Aug 6, 2017, 2:26 PM

Wrong

Aug 6, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

There should never be a deserving chance on our FB team. It should be they have out performed everybody and earned their way into a position, and that is for every position. I do not want any poor me deserving players in the game when the clock starts and they spot the ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree

Aug 6, 2017, 11:03 AM

This is not KB's team - this is no longer Deshaun's team. Right now this is Christian's and the Defense's team and the Offense is looking for a game mgr who will limit mistakes and lose the game. Looks like KB will get his shot and start game 1 scrimmage and game 2 against Auburn. If KB plays well and wins game 2, he will have a skin on the wall and will be building ownership. KB knows this well. Which QB can get the ball to Cain and Renfrow? Which QB can make the big play on 3rd down? Which QB can beat Auburn and Louisville and VaT on the road? This player will be the QB and Offensive team leader. I am pulling hard for whoever is the Tiger starting QB in the big games. Right now Clemson is KB's team just like Houston is Tom Savage's team - a short term lease with an option to buy until a payment is missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make that "limit mistakes & NOT lose the game"***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree

Aug 6, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree ]

Why are some of y'all so butt hurt. The coaches know who to play so leave it at that

Who is butt hurt? It's an opinion board ...

Aug 6, 2017, 11:36 AM

If I have an opinion I'll express it.

Re: Who is butt hurt? It's an opinion board ...

Aug 6, 2017, 8:59 PM

Well you s u ck

Re: Who is butt hurt? It's an opinion board ...

Aug 13, 2017, 11:26 AM

But why does it have to be like that, you have your opinion about this issue of KB. But when someone has their opinion about the same issue, your opinion is that others opinion makes them butt hurt, then Socman's opinion sucks. It seems that you have a lot of opinions on how you feel about others and their opinion. Does it make it right that you believe that only your opinion matters, and others better keep their opinions to their self, or you will let them know that they suck. WOW, just f-ing WOW

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree

Aug 6, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree ]

Agree the coaches are dealing with starting QB. It's what they do. It's our job to be fans and express opinions, concerns, and joy about our team. I favor encouragement. Shoes more class imom

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 just might have seen a thing or 2 watching KB2 in

Aug 6, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree ]

practice for the last 2 season. Where ,pray tell ,sitting on your bum behind the computer screen for the last 2 years ,did YOU getting more insight than DW4 ?

Yes, DW saw KB in practice...

Aug 6, 2017, 11:41 AM

Agreed. Did he see Hunter Johnson? Other freshmen? Did I miss Tajh naming his replacement as team owner instead of DW? I'm Deshaun's biggest fan complete with Houston gear. And IMHO this is Elliott's and Dabo's call. What if they go away from KB?

Re: Yes, DW saw KB in practice...

Aug 6, 2017, 9:01 PM

I'm glad your a moron and not a coach

Aug 6, 2017, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Yes, DW saw KB in practice... ]

^^^this guy^^^. SMH

Aug 13, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Yes, DW saw KB in practice... ]

It will suck, and they will be butt hurt if they have another opinion on who should be QB!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Well his opinion is a bit more educated,

Aug 7, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Love Deshaun Watson & respectfully disagree ]

experienced, and knowledgeable than yours.

As you say though, continue to give yours.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

He gone do...what does that mean?***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:18 AM

Aug 6, 2017, 11:27 AM

All I will say is this. If he is even just a pretty effective passer, dosn't need to be incredible, we can literally run the table. With his wheels amd athletic ability, if he can keep a D honest and hit big plays down field now amd then he will be a Nightmare for D coordinators. Time will tell if that is the case, but I am actually pulling for him.

He may not have the precision of DW4

Aug 6, 2017, 11:48 AM

Few do, but I agree that with his legs if he is able to get the ball to the receivers there is no stopping this offense

Re: He may not have the precision of DW4

Aug 6, 2017, 1:02 PM

That is a bit of the unknown we wonder and worry about. He mainly has had limited opportunities to throw the ball, because he mainly has played in mop up duty where the play calling has been to run the clock with running plays. I have to trust that he throws the ball well in practices, because we haven't seen that phase of his game, yet. He may be the 2nd coming, and I hope he is. Time will tell.

Aug 7, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

I agree. Action Jackson was not a great passer last season, but his legs certainly went a long way. Kelly is playing on a better team this year. He just needs to be good. The rest of the team will do the rest.

Streaking Tiger ain't gonna like this***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:31 AM

oddsmakers have Clemson as favorite all games but Louisville

Aug 6, 2017, 11:56 AM

-1 with FSU. +3 with Louisville. Auburn game will be a season driver ...

Aug 6, 2017, 1:10 PM

Christ man what are we talking about here! This dude can't throw the ball! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. We won a lot of games last season on the arm of Watson. I promise you Bryant can't make those throws he did.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 6, 2017, 5:33 PM

Kelly is not exactly a sitting duck back there when it comes to passing. From his senior highlights it looks like he has a lot of potential as a passer. Easy to see why the coaches like him

https://youtu.be/RxFskzYZGZA

Aug 6, 2017, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson shows support for Kelly Bryant ]

He also thru a lot of ints when we should have ran the ball

Aug 6, 2017, 2:12 PM

I hope that he never feels like he has to run his way to scoring the points bc, that is what we have elite receivers for!!! If he can get the ball in the play makers hands, we will love him as much as we have loved any that has moved on.

And this is how you start a QB controversy

Aug 6, 2017, 2:25 PM

His Team

His Turn

Blah Blah Blah

Re: And this is how you start a QB controversy

Aug 6, 2017, 2:49 PM

Watson will go down in history as the greatest qb in clemson history. With that being said, he is gone and the coaches will decide. His opinion at this point means no more than any of ours. The,staff will decide. If KB can't complete at this 50% of his passes it's a no-go! We didn't recruit these recievers to be a 70-30 run to pass team. Those are the facts. If you can't sling it you won't play QB at Clemson! !

Re: And this is how you start a QB controversy

Aug 6, 2017, 4:24 PM

Agreed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 4:18 PM

It is time for KB to step it and show what he is made of.

Aug 7, 2017, 9:11 AM

Just finished reviewing all the post about KB. Yes, he was a good high school player. Preforming at the next level is another thing. Our offense is predicated on timing, making the proper read and finding the 1st, 2nd, and maybe the 3rd option before pulling it down and running. The qb also must be able to make all of the throws: dumps, flat, sideline, down and outs, intermediate, and the long ball. You also have to know which shoulder to put the ball on in order to give the receiver the best chance to get his body between him and the defender.

From what I have heard from those who have seen KB in action arm strength is not the issue.He still has a problem making all of the reads before he pulls it down and runs. This completely kills our offense because the way it is designed, one or more of our receivers will be open and the qb must be able to find the open guy.I also understand that he has problems with timing and overthrows the long ball more times than not. I hope all of this can be corrected in camp, but if it has not been corrected by now it is unlikely that it will or can be corrected by game time. Knowing the play book is one thing and executing it is another. KB is a good athlete and surely has a place on this team, but I think the jury is still out as to his ascension to the qb of the future. I hope that what has been shared with me is Fake News!!

Aug 13, 2017, 11:34 AM

I love D. Watson, but he should keep his mouth shut in this situation and let the coaches decide. Is he here everyday in camp to see these QBs?

Deshaun, keep your focus where it should be in securing that starting QB spot for the Texans!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic