Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Shatley named Strength All-American
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Shatley named Strength All-American

Apr 4, 2012, 6:15 PM

Shatley named Strength All-American

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He looks like what we need on the line

Apr 4, 2012, 6:18 PM

Gotta love big, nasty linemen. Shapley definitely looks the part and I'm excited to see him pushing around defenders come September

Not gonna lie, I had no idea this was even an award.***

Apr 4, 2012, 7:22 PM

Re: Football Player Update: Shatley named Strength All-American

Apr 4, 2012, 7:47 PM

2nd on the team with a 300 pound power clean?

Fire Batson!!!!!!!!

Apr 4, 2012, 9:50 PM

Just had to throw that out there ;)

Re: Fire Batson!!!!!!!!

Apr 6, 2012, 12:57 AM

I was waiting on that...
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Witness

Apr 5, 2012, 1:06 AM

You see that boy's eyes?

There is, among certain folk, a desire. That desire is to prove everybody wrong. It's one of those things that can only be understood by people that grew up around constant nay-sayers. "You ain't big enough." "You ain't fast enough." "Hell, boy, you don't want it enough."

Shatley is big enough, fast enough, and he wants it enough.

Doubt if you want. I would if I were you. But I know what a kid like this can do with the kind of motivation that comes from living a life filled with "can'ts".

This fall, Witness... a man in full. I am, personally, "All-In" on Tyler Shatley. This man is going to destroy his opponent on every down because that is who is was raised to be and who he will become. Witness greatness. Because whether or not you believe, it will happen with Shatley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

according to the experts at shakin the southland….

Apr 5, 2012, 2:22 AM

Joey Batson only makes players fat. But, Shatley gets named Strength All-American. Just more proof that people who have no insight, should just keep their mouths shut, because they end up looking like fools.

Re: according to the experts at shakin the southland….

Apr 5, 2012, 12:19 PM

I think the guys at Shakin' The Southland would rather that Shatley was a FOOTBALL rather than a STRENGTH All-American. No one questions that Batson's guys can move weights in a gym, it's opposing players we struggle with. Weight lifting competitions are great for slow, fat people perhaps due to the fact that barbells aren't known for their speed and elusiveness.

As for me, I've seen the performance that our S&C program has earned us on the field. These awards given out during the offseason don't impress me.

-Moon

BINGO.***

Apr 6, 2012, 1:00 AM

Sammy Watkins is pretty fast, so is Andre Ellington….

Apr 6, 2012, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Re: according to the experts at shakin the southland…. ]

they don't look fat to me.

Really? You're going to credit Batson for Sammy's year?

Apr 6, 2012, 12:42 PM

Really? you're going to credit Batson for Sammy's brilliant freshman year? Sammy was a first-year freshman. How long had he even been on campus before the season started? Do you think in those weeks that Batson's program transformed Sammy from one of the best receiver recruits in the nation into... one of the best receivers in the nation? Actually, Sammy was ultra-talented and physically prepared before he got here. Sammy was fast when got here. Ellington was fast when he got here. If you want to give Batson credit look for players that have gotten better over the duration that they were here. Look at the bad weight that Justin Miller put on over his years. Great freshman year, heavier each succeeding year. Rendrick Taylor was a physical specimen the day he first arrived -- and that was from a high school weight program -- but he was heavy, pudgy and slow when he left. Look at the pictures of Tony Steward in high school and then look at the "power hour" videos from this year before he was hurt. Tony was putting on bad weight, too.

Batson is not one of the best strength coaches in America. We can do better. Much, much better.

-Moon

Apr 5, 2012, 1:54 PM [ in reply to according to the experts at shakin the southland…. ]

300 power clean being the second highest on the team is just plain bad.

All of our lineman should be cleaning that much..so should many of our linebackers and power backs.

Apr 5, 2012, 2:30 PM [ in reply to according to the experts at shakin the southland…. ]

Doesn't matter how much weight a guy can bench when he has no functional strength and can't push a lineman off the ball. That is where people get pissed about Batson's style of S&C. He is old school and it shows on the football field, can't deny that. Good for Shatley that he can bench that much. When he blows a guy 5 yards downfield on the O-line, I will be happy.

Apr 5, 2012, 4:39 PM

One thing is for sure. It can't be any worse than McClain.

Yup.***

Apr 6, 2012, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: according to the experts at shakin the southland…. ]

and since when did you become a S&C expert and actually...

Apr 6, 2012, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: according to the experts at shakin the southland…. ]

know what goes one in our S&C program

Apr 5, 2012, 2:52 AM

No offense but a 300 lb power clean is not that great. Alot of people train hard when it comes to bench press starting in highschool. This award shows shatley works hard that may or may not be batsons doing. Honestly think that is a typo and they meant 400 lb power clean which is #### impressive. Either way congrats to Tyler. Btw Stephone anthony came in hang cleaning 365. I imagine Stephone can power clean at least 300.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 5, 2012, 1:55 PM

There are plenty of 5-11 185 athletes in 1A football that clean over 300.

Still, congrats to Shatley- glad we have him.

Apr 5, 2012, 4:29 PM

Apparently the article is incorrect. Shatley cleans 375 according to http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shatley_tyler01.html

That is pretty #### good, congrats to Shat

Apr 6, 2012, 1:05 AM

Thanks for the clarification. It would be interesting to see a list of the top 20 lifters for each year..and top 20 for each decade..along with what they were lifting.
I remember when I was there they talked about Rich Tuten benching 500 lbs..I remember he drove a little bug...don't think there was any extra space in that front seat area.
Congrats on the Award, Mr Shatley!
GO TIGERS!
:)

Jeff Davis benched like 535***

Apr 6, 2012, 1:12 AM

Re: Jeff Davis benched like 535***

Apr 8, 2012, 2:23 AM

Thanks, never heard that.
Of course, that's why I said it would interesting to see some history of the weight program.
GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic