Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
slurrier said this may be a very good recruiting class.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,318

slurrier said this may be a very good recruiting class.

Jan 26, 2015, 11:57 AM

Didn't he say that last years team may be the best they ever had before the season started? I think he has lost touch with reality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knew....

Jan 26, 2015, 12:00 PM

that "grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism" were contageous.

The Capon fan base certainly has a bad case of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Who knew....

Jan 26, 2015, 1:42 PM

Does anyone remember when 110% of coot nation absolutely hated Steve Spurrier just as much as they hated us. And within the first week after he was hired and made the Why Not Us speech, talking about winning championships. After that statement 110% of coot nation always loved Spurrier but hated Florida. After November 28, 2015 and Spurrier announces that he has threw his head set for the last time, 110% of coot nation will hate Steve more than us. 100% of them will say they never wanted Spurrier b/c they knew he would walk out on them the way he did at Florida. And they knew he would walk away with their program in shambles!!! Have any of you ever heard that old saying that says, You Can't Get There From Here. Well do you know when that statement was first heard, I don't either. If I had to guess, I would say that it had to have been something like this.

Billy Laval was talking to some of his friends and higher up at USUC when he was ask about the championship he won that was never recognized by the school or the then conference. Billy was asked do you think you will ever play for and win a real championship at USC. Billy Laval had a blank look on his face, then he stated, You Can't There From Here, from Columbia, South Carolina. Billy Laval was the HC at usuc from 1928-1934. In 2009 he was considered to be the greatest coach ever at usuc with seven consecutive winning seasons. I guess he knew what Slurrier is now learning about playing for championships and why not us, you can't get there from usuc steve. Haaaa hahahahahaha baaawaaa hahahahaha!!!;);):)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is known for calling it like he sees it.

Jan 26, 2015, 12:02 PM

Problem is he obviously can't see as well as he once did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is known for calling it like he sees it.

Jan 26, 2015, 12:09 PM

problem is Clemson is in the stratosphere of recruiting that even Clemson fans have never experienced.

for him to say it could be one of the best classes ever at USC is not necessarily an overstatement

A top 15 class touching on the areas he needs most could be the best ever for them and that is saying a ton even after 7-6 season.

On a normal year everyone would be scared of their recruiting class, however, Clemson has been in the top 5 for a longtime this year and has no reason to worry about a good USC class.

Where people look silly is acting as if it isn't a decent class both Clemson and USC would have dreamed for just a few years ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No dreaming here.

Jan 26, 2015, 12:25 PM

This is by no means close to USuCks best class in many ways.

How did that class including Chris Culliver rank? Top 5 (overrated) and there was plenty of need at that time as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: He is known for calling it like he sees it. ]

They do have a good class but it lacks elite talent.

Jan 26, 2015, 12:34 PM

With the amount of recruits they have with some of the best ones being JUCO it's hard not to scoff at the SEC assisted top 15 class. There are good players in it no doubt but it is a barely treading water type of class.

he also said that we'll see about that in 4 years, writing

Jan 26, 2015, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: He is known for calling it like he sees it. ]

on the wall.

The alcohol has obviously affected............

Jan 26, 2015, 12:18 PM [ in reply to He is known for calling it like he sees it. ]

his speech(the calling it), and the eyesight(the seeing it)!

he has to shut one eye to get rid of that other set***

Jan 26, 2015, 12:37 PM [ in reply to He is known for calling it like he sees it. ]

Or it may not be.***

Jan 26, 2015, 12:10 PM

Re I have never heard a coach, yet, who admitted to failing

Jan 26, 2015, 12:20 PM

at recruiting.

Re: Re I have never heard a coach, yet, who admitted to failing

Jan 26, 2015, 1:17 PM

I have!!!! Don't remember the year, or game ,but when interviewed after a game, Frank Howard was asked when did you think the game was lost. Howard said about 3 years ago when I didn't recruit a running back.

Re: slurrier said this may be a very good recruiting class.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:36 PM

That was the Coorslight talking!! The ole buzzard has lost it!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,318
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic