Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TREVOR LAWRENCE WILL BE THE NO. 1 OVERALL PICK (Rivals)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TREVOR LAWRENCE WILL BE THE NO. 1 OVERALL PICK (Rivals)

Oct 29, 2018, 10:25 AM

The player that would go No. 1 overall in the 2019 NFL Draft isn’t eligible yet. In fact, he won’t be draft eligible until 2021, which seems like a lifetime away. Yes, Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence is that special. There is no doubt in my mind, based on his skillset, that he’d be taken first overall if eligible next April by a team that sees he has the best collection of skill at the position that we’ve seen since perhaps John Elway.

If you haven’t had a chance to watch Lawrence play yet, please do yourself a favor and check him out. I watched him once again this weekend as he picked apart Florida State and made some throws you won’t see on Sundays. His release is impeccable and quick, he’s mobile and can throw on the run, he has great touch downfield and a great arm and his field vision is excellent. In fact, it’s easier to say what he can’t do than it is to go through his intangibles.

I think we are watching the next Peyton Manning at the college and NFL level. It’s lucky for us that the NFL requires three years between high school and NFL draft eligibility so we get to see Lawrence for a few more years. And don’t worry Clemson fans, he won’t be the guy who skips his junior season to save his draft status (and that guy is out there, trust me), he’s also a great competitor. Every time we watch Lawrence play, we are watching a future legend barring injury. Enjoy it.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-saturday-shine-and-shame-trevor-lawrence

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has that potential but I don't think he's there yet.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:42 AM

During the first quarter against FSU he showed his youth. He was slow to make a decision and he was uncharacteristically inaccurate.

For example, he had a pass to Tee Higgins that was a sure touchdown if he just put some air under it, but it was rifled out there too far for Higgins to reach.

Don't take this the wrong way - I'm fully on the TL bandwagon. Heck I think he should have been named the starter in the spring, but let's be a little realistic. He gets rid of the ball very quickly once he makes a decision. He's got the accuracy, the touch, the delivery, the height, the vision, etc, etc. He has it all. But he has to develop it a little more before he can be crowned the #1 draft pick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has that potential but I don't think he's there yet.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:47 AM

Clearly this prediction is based on his Potential, not his current production.

As Huard said on the broadcast, the NBA drafts on pure potential all the time, why can’t the NFL?

Hell thats basically what they did with Clowney cuz that dude had an awful Junior year.

he looked nervous to me too. FSU DBs started off

Oct 29, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to He has that potential but I don't think he's there yet. ]

The game playing awesome imo. they had the best speed we've seen this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 had a lot of problems with the deep ball, give TL

Oct 29, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to He has that potential but I don't think he's there yet. ]

a couple more games and bet he has it cleaned up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd be 1.1 if he came out this year, next year or 2021

Oct 29, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to He has that potential but I don't think he's there yet. ]

only reason he wouldn't be is if team with 1.1 didn't need a QB. But then some team will give up a #### ton of picks to get that spot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TREVOR LAWRENCE WILL BE THE NO. 1 OVERALL PICK (Rivals)

Oct 29, 2018, 10:44 AM

I think he will be good enough to do a "John Elway" if he wanted to, pick a team he wants to play for and tell the crap teams to find someone else, I won't play for you.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:57 AM

Elway had a pro baseball option. It does finally look like MAYBE Cleveland won't be picking first in three years, or if they do, may not take a QB at 1, as long as Flaker Mayfield continues to do well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 11:49 AM

Pretty cool to think in 4 years Trevor and Deshaun could face off in a playoff game with Nuk and maybe Tee or Ross catching passes.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:55 AM

That was always given.

Lets get you a Heisman TL!

Oct 29, 2018, 12:02 PM

I know , I know, its a joke of an award now, but lets take away the last tiny tidbit of gloat the idiot coots have over Clemson.

I think you mean "2 Heismans"***

Oct 29, 2018, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 12:04 PM

I thought Tua was the bestest anyjuan hads seen eva? And now this Lawrence kid is suppose to be better than EVA? But not as pro ready as the most pro ready QB in decades, Herbert, who is somehow more pro ready than the greatest eva Tua? JS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic