Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We lost to a FSU team playing with a QB that had very little
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

We lost to a FSU team playing with a QB that had very little

Sep 22, 2014, 11:18 AM

game experience. Had Winston played, it probably wouldn't have been a close game. Our running defense played super but Winston killed us last year with his scrambling and running the ball. None of that in this game. What happened to our "No Fly Zone" defense. It must have flew-the-coup. All the fans who attended the game got their money's worth. How often can you see the #1 rated football team play and watch a Shakespearean comedy/tragedy at the same time. I know, I know--wait til next year but the BIG next year never seems to come. To Cole Stoudt--bless you and I feel sorry for the circumstances that have affected your football career.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be honest... I'm more worried about

Sep 22, 2014, 11:19 AM

how you guys plan to contain Slurrier's moob infatuation

coot

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Go back to your hole...***

Sep 22, 2014, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ FOWL ODOR^^^ *

Sep 22, 2014, 11:20 AM

nm

Have you met PsychoTea?

Sep 22, 2014, 11:21 AM

I think y'all would get along quite well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

And we played with a QB who stepped foot on Clemson campus

Sep 22, 2014, 11:22 AM

...this January and hasn't been named the starter for the first three games. If you gotta point to make you FAIL!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And we played with a QB who stepped foot on Clemson campus

Sep 22, 2014, 11:25 AM

That was by the coach's choice, my friend. FSU had no choice or did you forget.

How does that differ in terms of experience?***

Sep 22, 2014, 11:27 AM

Clemson

FSU had no choice??? Because the NCAA or law enforcement...

Sep 22, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: And we played with a QB who stepped foot on Clemson campus ]

...said Jameis couldn't play???? Who exactly do you think had Jameis sit out?...Clemson, FSU or who?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really think the secondary didn't play well?

Sep 22, 2014, 11:26 AM

I mean, look at Maguire's number, especially in the first half. The only big play he had was when Alexander fell down.

People also need to understand that Maguire's yardage total is almost entirely due to the fact that FSU couldn't run the ball at all, so they had to get all their yardage through the air.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you really think the secondary didn't play well?

Sep 22, 2014, 11:35 AM

The secondary did play well but Mac was beaten on the play, whether he was laying on the ground or not,and the "bomb" was delivered.

A single play doesn't make an entire game

Sep 22, 2014, 11:49 AM

Greene had over half his yards on that one play, and it had nothing to do with Mac being out of position, he just fell. It sucks, but it happens.

O'Leary was thei leading receiver for 78 yards, and since LB's were typically blitzing, I'm not surprised he was open. But Anthony had a great tip for Kearse's INT on him as well. They had 300 passing yards because they could only get 13 rushing.

It's a typical gameplan to test an inexperienced QB by daring him to throw.

Clemson

Your right, FSU's QB had little experience

Sep 22, 2014, 11:34 AM

but neither did our QB

Tell 'em capon

Sep 22, 2014, 11:35 AM

lbc

He has 3 years in their system

Sep 22, 2014, 11:39 AM

A back up QB on a Top 20 team would start on the other 100 teams in the Nation.

Re: He has 3 years in their system

Sep 22, 2014, 11:42 AM

Perfect description of Cole Stoudt.

You have to win with the

Sep 22, 2014, 11:53 AM

players you have. The QB issue was even in this game because of both having little experience. I wish Crab Legs would have played. But he deserved not to play. That was on him. We sat three starters for Georgia. Crab Legs got what he deserved.

We lost because we were 3 of 7 in the red zone pure and simple. We should have had at least 12 more points at a minimum and OT would not have happened. The game would have been over.

It wasn't coaching either. It was that we didn't execute when we had chances to finish the game. It hurts but this is one that we lost and FSU did not win. It was a gift. Hope they all went to church to thank the heavens for that win because it was nothing but a gift we gave them. Should have won going away.

Re: We lost to a FSU team playing with a QB that had very little

Sep 22, 2014, 12:15 PM

So that was the best backup QB a national championship FSU team that recruits in the top 5 every year could get? Clemson was playing with a guy who was in High School last year.

I'm not sure Winston would have fared that much better with all of the distractions. It was the defense dominating the LOS that caused the FSU QB problems.

Two points of contention.

Sep 22, 2014, 12:18 PM

Winston didn't play on the offensive line and he didn't play on the defense. Who is this we you speak of?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No man, FSU is basically God and we were lucky to be

Sep 22, 2014, 12:19 PM

on the field with them. Also none of this is coaching, it's all those good for nothin' players.

-TigerNet

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We lost to a FSU team playing with a QB that had very little

Sep 22, 2014, 12:27 PM

Not to take anything away from the guy; he's a great QB, but he aint the only player on their team. I'm told he has the best O. Line in college football,three of which will be playing in the NFL next year. He has an All American TE, and an All American wide out (which I thought Mackenzie did an absolutely great job defending). Do you think maybe those guys have something to do with how good winston is? Now these are the same guys that The Tigers treated like rag dolls through out the game. In his career, has winston seen the kind of pressure that The Tigers brought Saturday? I wish he had played, I think the game would still played out like it did, with The Tiger D having their way with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic