Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyshon Dye is a BEAST!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Tyshon Dye is a BEAST!

Jan 23, 2015, 5:10 PM
image.jpg(218.5 K)

With all the buzz around DW4 and Tay Scott, a lot of people fall asleep on Dye. Hopefully he can have a good, healthy offseason. If so, and we develop some good consistency with the OL, watch out! Dye will be my breakout candidate in 2015. He has the size, burst and vision to be a complete STUD, and a 30+ carries per game workhorse. I think I'm more excited about this 2015 offense than I have been in recent memory. Could be the making of something very special. Let's just pray we stay healthy...

Check him out there squatting in front of Wayne Gallman and beside Zac Brooks. Looks like he could easily be 235 lbs by fall.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got a good bit of baby fat....he could be 235 in the

Jan 23, 2015, 5:12 PM

end but he's not solid muscle in that pic...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll let you tell him that.***

Jan 23, 2015, 6:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think he already knows?

Jan 24, 2015, 9:10 AM

Nobody needs to tell him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you disagree? Someone obviously does with the TD...

Jan 24, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to We'll let you tell him that.*** ]

I thought it was pretty obvious but some people get butthurt over a simple observation.

What would be the purpose in a fan telling him that? I doubt he cares what my opinion is...I'm cool with that. You can post a pic of yourself though and I gladly tell you your shortcomings too ;)

What you said came from Dye himself

Jan 24, 2015, 4:57 PM

so I am not sure why someone would TD you for it. Dye said in an interview that he needed to lose some of the pounds he put on during his rehab. I think Dabo said the same thing.

He will lose it before next year, I am sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just look at that frame though. He's coming off a couple

Jan 23, 2015, 6:54 PM [ in reply to He's got a good bit of baby fat....he could be 235 in the ]

major injuries. He's a beast.

It won't take him long at all to cut that fat. He's built.***

Jan 23, 2015, 6:55 PM

I don't disagree....he could easily become a monster...***

Jan 24, 2015, 3:57 PM

Lacy from Green Bay has a big gut and he can really make

Jan 24, 2015, 8:41 PM [ in reply to He's got a good bit of baby fat....he could be 235 in the ]

the cuts necessary to be really good NFL running back - Dye runs low and makes the cuts necessary combined with powerful legs to be potentially the best running back Tigers have?

Re: Tyshon Dye is a BEAST!

Jan 23, 2015, 5:12 PM

He's the least cut.

This guy wasn't "cut" either

Jan 23, 2015, 5:44 PM
jeromebettis.jpg(126.7 K)

Wonder how that worked out for him

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2015, 5:15 PM

Seeing these unclothed teenagers has @CUtiger2012 and @cutigerbob excited. Careful.

Do they have their tickets to the Ladies Clinic?***

Jan 23, 2015, 5:16 PM

Jan 23, 2015, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye is a BEAST! ]

I just ordered an enlarged print of this, to give to @cutigerbob as a gift.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2015, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye is a BEAST! ]

Y'all hide this from Bob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2015, 5:25 PM

He looks like he needs to cut weight not gain it

Well, with all the speed,

Jan 23, 2015, 5:31 PM

it may not hurt to have a guy like this:

Having muscles isn't about being cut.....

Jan 23, 2015, 6:17 PM

.....just ask Grady Jarrett. Ask the strength coach, he isn't trying to get you cut. Being cut is lifting smaller amounts of weight fast and furious, where as power comes from maxing out. You don't want Tye Dye all cut like the other dudes in the pic. When I see that pic I see power from Dye. Now granted he probably does need to lose a little weight but being cut is for superheros, plus not everyone is built the same. It can be harder for one person to get cut up than another....

Re: Having muscles isn't about being cut.....

Jan 23, 2015, 6:44 PM

He probably went a while without being able to do enough cardio to keep body fat down. A back injury and Achilles tendon would make running pretty tough.when was this picture made?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grady Jarrett is actually one leaner looking lineman

Jan 24, 2015, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Having muscles isn't about being cut..... ]

Clemson has ever had. They even said something about Grady being really lean at the senior bowl.

Jan 24, 2015, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Having muscles isn't about being cut..... ]

> .....just ask Grady Jarrett. Ask the strength coach,
> he isn't trying to get you cut. Being cut is lifting
> smaller amounts of weight fast and furious, where as
> power comes from maxing out. You don't want Tye Dye
> all cut like the other dudes in the pic. When I see
> that pic I see power from Dye. Now granted he
> probably does need to lose a little weight but being
> cut is for superheros, plus not everyone is built the
> same. It can be harder for one person to get cut up
> than another....

I completely agree...I'd love to see us with 2-3 of those on our roster. Thats exactly what we have been missing over the last few years, and haven't seen a back like that since Jamie Harper. I can see Dye and Fuller around 230 once fall rolls around, and Choice right there with them at 225. They will make our quest to a national championship that much easier. We can't be the "smashmouth spread" that Chad Morris wanted so badly without a smashmouth back. I think Tony Elliott gets it, and the OU game was proof. Ground it, ground it, pound it, then kill them with speed. You must have a ground game to have a legit passing game, and there are going to be games that we are going to have to ground it out to get wins against the contenders. 2010 Scam Newton game comes to mind, and I still hate to think of it...that was our game to lose. Ellington, and Harper ran the ball around 50 times that game, and if I remember correctly Auburn did too.

I see what you're saying...it doesn't equate to being a

Jan 24, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Having muscles isn't about being cut..... ]

better football player. But a DT (run stopper) and a RB are two different breeds. Not saying it couldn't work but it's obvious that TD isn't in the best of football shape. Even Dabo has said this so anyone taking offense to this commentary should take offense with Dabo too. Dye will be fine, I've seen guys completely transform their body's in no time. He'll be a great back for us next season.

Re: I see what you're saying...it doesn't equate to being a

Jan 24, 2015, 11:29 PM

With hard work, consistent weight training and conditioning, along with proper dieting while training, this can be done within three months.

Jan 24, 2015, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Having muscles isn't about being cut..... ]

Power doesn't come from maxing out. "Maxing out" is moving the weight once, which is not the goal of any football strength program. The type of explosive power you are referring to comes from muscular hypertrophy, which sets the base for any athlete and is the "cut up" phase. The base allows the athlete to have the proper technique before maxing out, so that the Olympic movements can be performed without an arched back or other bad techniques.

Maxing out is somewhat a thing of the past. Rarely ever will you see a set of one, more of just a reflection on how the coaches are doing.

Jan 24, 2015, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Having muscles isn't about being cut..... ]

"where as power comes from maxing out"

Yeah not true

Jan 23, 2015, 6:38 PM

> With all the buzz around DW4 and Tay Scott, a lot of
> people fall asleep on Dye. Hopefully he can have a
> good, healthy offseason. If so, and we develop some
> good consistency with the OL, watch out! Dye will be
> my breakout candidate in 2015. He has the size, burst
> and vision to be a complete STUD, and a 30+ carries
> per game workhorse. I think I'm more excited about
> this 2015 offense than I have been in recent memory.
> Could be the making of something very special. Let's
> just pray we stay healthy...
>
> Check him out there squatting in front of Wayne
> Gallman and beside Zac Brooks. Looks like he could
> easily be 235 lbs by fall.

by this fall??!!??!??! he's every bit of 235 lbs in that pic right now.

he looks fat and out of shape to me. no wonder we heard so much about him not being 'game ready'
and 'game in shape' this season.

Jan 24, 2015, 7:59 AM

Sorry guys but during the season the coaches and dye said that he was not in playing shape. I can promise you they want hum to cut body fat to gain speed. remember he really hasn't been able to do off season conditioning in 2 years. He should get in shape quick.

Jan 24, 2015, 4:48 PM

I believe we will have as much talent at RB, from top to bottom in 2015.
As we've seen since the 80s!***
Especially if Choice/ Brooks are ready to GO by the start of the season.

For me...
I like Brooks and Gallman for their catching ability. Great receivers out of
the backfield.

CJ Fuller, maybe a PURE running back, and I have heard good things about him.

Davidson brings good speed, and might be a good change of pace back.

While Dye would be a good short yardage back.

But, the best of the bunch might be, ADAM CHOICE. His upside is really high IMO.

Curious to also see how many carries from the backfield current Clemson commit,
Ray McCloud gets.

But yes, we should be loaded at RB in 015.

Jan 24, 2015, 9:16 PM

I think RR3 backs up A.Scott in the slot if GHop doesn't step his game up this offseason. Really doubt he plays much out of the backfield at 175 lbs soaking wet.

Jan 25, 2015, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye is a BEAST! ]

If all these runnningbacks remain in game ready condition throuhout the season, the opposing defenses will be worn out by halftime. Throw the TE's in the mix and the opposing Lb's will be a none factor against our running game by halftime. From this point on, DW and his Receiving Corp will put the finishing touches on what could be a Dynasty in Action this season. Similar to what Georgia used on our defense during the 4th quartet of this past season. We just didn't have nothing left for those incoming fresh runningbacks. We will have 3 to 4 times as many fresh Runningbacks, TE's, and Receivers to use this year. PS: ("PICK YOUR POISION") CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Totally agree....

Jan 25, 2015, 8:11 AM

and those backs, will open up things for the receivers.
For me,
the biggest "key" for 2015...."O-line".
I see a respectable starting 5---projected.
But what about depth?

Jan 24, 2015, 8:36 PM

The one thing you guys are failing to remember is everything that this kid has been through and where he is today. The fact that he can still take the licks that you take as a D1 running back amazes me, back surgery and Achilles? This kid is gonna be where he needs to be and put all of the work in necessary to play and be effective, Bc he wants to

Jan 24, 2015, 9:04 PM

Most of you guys just don't understand. The guy is a beefcake. He's 6-1, maybe 230 lbs and in better shape than any of us more than likely. I mean, he played the last 3-4 games of the year and has been practicing and conditioning even before then. He obviously just finished a conditioning session there in the photo. I mean, what do you think he does all day...lay around eating Little Debbie cakes? I'm 6'3 260 lbs and I'm in fairly prime conditioning, but still have a fatter tire than Dye. Take a look at any collegiate RB that's 230+ lbs. I can guarantee they look very similar to Dye. Muscle weighs twice as much as fat, and sometimes you just don't tone up as well as others. When I see him I see power. I see a man in a child's body. As long as Dye stays healthy, he will be a beast this year. Period

Jan 24, 2015, 9:10 PM
image.jpg(66.1 K)

Eddie Lacy says hi! He seems to get around just fine totin' the rock and the barrel at the same time.

Jan 25, 2015, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye is a BEAST! ]

This extra weight(bulk) and size will help him remain healthy. This body type will help him dish out punishment rather than absorb it. Hint, Hint, the term (THE BUS) Rings a Bell. That NFL back rung many during his playing days.

Good call. If you're gonna be a bruiser back you need

Jan 25, 2015, 12:33 AM

a little padding to absorb some of the knocks from the other guys. You put a few steps of downhill running behind that load though and the other side better watch out.

We're dripping with talent at RB and the backfield - with different strokes for different folks. Size, speed, hands, endurance, blocking, hustle - boom. A lot of guys available to find the hot hand for the defense we're playing.

I love it that these kids are putting in the work like they are now. Bodes well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2015, 12:15 AM

After seeing this there is only one thing left to do.....

FIRE BATSON! ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2015, 12:50 AM

Corbin Jenkins commented on the picture and made a comment regarding T. Dye and his size. "TE this year?" lol

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic