Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Having Trapp in the game is why Brownell has got to go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Having Trapp in the game is why Brownell has got to go

Feb 29, 2020, 4:11 PM

Just can't figure out the simple things in the game...40% FT shooter handling the ball?!?!?!?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d much rather you go

Feb 29, 2020, 4:14 PM

And, don’t come back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d much rather you go

Feb 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

^^THIS^^

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d much rather you go

Mar 1, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I’d much rather you go ]

User Logo
Marshall®
110%er [5690]
TigerPulse: 100%
I’d much rather you go [9]
Posted: Feb 29, 2020 4:14 PM

And, don’t come back.

could not say it better. what a slimy pos the guy is. just pray that any of your kids or anone you know was ever coached by that guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having Trapp in the game is why Brownell has got to go

Feb 29, 2020, 4:15 PM

It didn’t cost him this time but really bad decision...

Feb 29, 2020, 9:38 PM

Oh , you mean the same Clyde Trapp that beat Syracuse a couple games back ?

If he wasn’t in that game, he wouldn’t have hit the last second shot to win it .

Mar 1, 2020, 7:03 AM

I have no opinion toward this argument one way or the other. All I will say is the situation you’re alluding to is much different than yesterday’s. Having Trapp be “the guy” with the ball to hit free throws is MUCH DIFFERENT than the Syracuse game where Moore brought the ball down the court and Trapp cut to the basket from the baseline. Trapp is athletic and is a decent slasher. Asking him to do what he did in Syracuse game was much easier than asking him to make pressure free throws that he......well....obviously struggles to do.

Mar 1, 2020, 7:53 AM

Well , sorry sir . You obviously do have an opinion in this argument .

The head coach must be able to see into the future on every second of the game ???
Trapp used his athleticism to slash to the basket for 2 , grab a defensive rebound , drive down court , make a free throw to give us a lead with 22 seconds to go .

Mar 1, 2020, 9:48 AM

No I don’t have an opinion as to whether Trapp should or shouldn’t have been in the game. I’m just saying your statement that Trapp making a big play against Syracuse without even having to do anything but cut to the basket, catch the ball, and lay it in is not at all a reason to justify him being in the game to shoot free throws. It’s all situational. Just like at the end games when we put our best defense out there. When we need 3’s Hemenway will be on the court. When we need defense he will be off the court. The same could apply to this situation. When you need free throws “maybe” he should be off the court. That’s what some people are saying

Mar 1, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Having Trapp in the game is why Brownell has got to go ]

Yes he made A free throw instead of 3 or 4. 25% at the end. Again I don’t care what coach wants to do but your argument isn’t very rational

Mar 1, 2020, 1:22 PM

Well let’s try this point of view . Perhaps Coach may have realized what it might do to Trapp’s confidence to yank him in that situation .

Also , as I have already started , Trapp did score 3 points in the LAST 2 minutes ( one those from the line ) .

He must have thought that Trapp was his best choice overall , at that point .

We won!

Feb 29, 2020, 4:21 PM

I’ll take it given the outlook for this season! Enjoy it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2020, 4:24 PM

Says a stupid “fan”. Don’t like the coach or the team then you are FREE to find another one.....PLEASE

Mar 1, 2020, 7:03 AM

This is the worst take ever

Cootmac with another insightful post...***

Feb 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trapp was just following coachcoot's advise

Feb 29, 2020, 4:39 PM

and not elevating his game

Feb 29, 2020, 6:19 PM

Had Trapp inbounding the ball. Not sure expected him to be the one getting fouled. Either Trapp or Mack inbounding with the other on the bench. Neither have been great free throw shooters. I think you just hope he can get the inbound to Dawes and he ends up getting fouled. Didn't happen. Worked out in the end.

We Won, but

Feb 29, 2020, 7:41 PM

This was a poor coaching decision. Regardless of whether he was inbounding or not. I’m sitting in the seats and knew FSU would trap whoever he inbounded to and force the pass back to Trapp and then foul him. Exactly what happened.

He’s got to be OFF THE FLOOR in those situations.

I”m not taking anything away from the win, but it’s just inexplicable as to why you would have a 40% FT shooter on the floor in situations where he’s handling the ball in a must foul scenario for FSU. There’s just no excuse for that.

Re: We Won, but

Feb 29, 2020, 7:55 PM

It's probably not that simple. It's easy for a guy sitting in the stands to day how do you had a 40% free throw shooter in the game. But the guy who actually has a job and gets paid money to coach the team can't just sit there and say that and be simple about it. There are a few other factors. Who do you put in? Who inbounds the ball? Who handles the ball? Sure ideally you inbound it to Simms he passes it off to Dawes Dawes gets fouled. Defense didn't let that happen. Trapp is a career 61% free throw shooter. Not great but not an automatic miss either. I'll take Brownell's decision over some guy in row T section 114 any day.

Section 228 actually

Feb 29, 2020, 8:17 PM

And I’ll agree that Brad obviously has a reason, but I don’t understand it in a must foul situation for FSU. If Trapp isn’t on the floor they have to foul someone and we had other options who are better FT shooters.

And Trapp is who he is this season, and that’s a 40% FT shooter. He’s not comfortable at the line and it shows.

This isn’t a bash Brad post, it’s a great win and he pulled a lot of the right strings to make it happen today. We should have been run out of the gym the way they shot in the first half but we hung around within 6-8 and were able to keep the pressure on them. He’s done his best coaching job this season since he’s been here and deserves credit for this win.

I just happen to disagree with having Trapp on the floor in that situation and can’t see any reason why having him on the floor in that scenario would help us win.

Re: Section 228 actually

Mar 1, 2020, 8:24 AM

I also thought why is Trapp in the game. But somebody had to inbound the ball. The primary inbounders in that situation being Trapp and Mack neither are great free throw shooters. Sub Scott or Hemenway for Trapp you gain in free throw shooting but lose on inbounding and ball handling. I remember many games where Clemson teams had trouble getting the ball inbounds in those situations. That's the first obstacle. I think Brad went with the better inbounder and ball handler who is a career 61% free throw shooter. I can't argue with that.

Re: Section 228 actually

Mar 1, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Section 228 actually ]

228. Were you the guy. I doubt it because you do not seem at all obnoxious and seem very reasonable. But apparently there was a Clemson fan in 228 who kept yelling derogatory comments about and at Brownell. Sitting behind a couple of family members of mine to the point where they decided to move seats later in the game because it just got old. It was in section 228. You probably heard the guy.

Re: We Won, but

Mar 1, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to We Won, but ]

I would have had Scott and Moore in the game instead of Trapp and Mack late. Moore is a good passer and tall and he can be the inbounds passer. Scott is a lot better free throw shooter than Mack. Take notes Brad..

At the time, I felt the same way.

Mar 1, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Having Trapp in the game is why Brownell has got to go ]

But maybe CBB was willing to risk missed free throws in favor of Trapp's ball handling skills to prevent a quick turn over.

There have been plenty of days to complain about BB

Mar 1, 2020, 6:53 AM

This ain't one of them.

Re: There have been plenty of days to complain about BB

Mar 1, 2020, 9:10 AM

I think you said it all right there Billy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 7:04 AM

Trapp inbounded the ball one time and the other time was a long rebound that only he could get. I don’t think it was brads plan

Mar 1, 2020, 7:12 AM

Trapp should not be in the game in that situation. A 40% FT shooting PG is ridiculous. On a better note, Dawes is starting to remind me of another #2.

Mar 1, 2020, 7:34 AM

If Trapp is out then Scott has to be in. Right? I think he’s the next best free throw shooter

I agree with your post

Mar 1, 2020, 7:57 AM

I just don’t like your headline. This may be Brad’s best coaching year and he’s not going anywhere. Having Trapp in the game in that situation is questionable tho.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 8:07 AM

I wish some of you people would stop with the fire CBB posts. He is not going anywhere, this years team has done exactly what you want.
A young team that has gotten better and is playing good ball at the end. I think CBB has done an excellent job this season.
Next year if we don’t go dancing it will be time to let him go. If we have a good season next year lock him up.

Mar 1, 2020, 12:12 PM

I agree with the post except for anything to do with locking him up. Most of the time that involves limiting our options as well. He deserves next year and deserves not to have all of the scrutiny mid year, but it would take several years before I would be upset if someone hired him out from under us. To simplify things, he has earned my support, but it is still work to do to earn my trust.

Mar 1, 2020, 10:22 AM

If you had said, "Having Trapp in the game was a bad decision", I might have sort of agreed. But to say he has to go after this team's body of work is just asinine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 1, 2020, 1:24 PM

Well, you do want a good ball handler in at the end of the game, as opposed to the possibility of just turning it straight over without a foul even occurring. The bottom line is FSU walked into LJC 24-4 and walked out 24-5. Something about our game plan seems to have worked.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic