Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Having Tavien Feaster return in 2019 is like getting a 5* commit RB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Having Tavien Feaster return in 2019 is like getting a 5* commit RB

Feb 6, 2019, 9:30 AM

The RB room next year is going to be very good. Sure we lose the senior leadership of Adam Choice (one of my favorite Clemson players of all time), but Tavien is now a leader and will contribute big time next year...more so than Ealy would have. We aren’t missing out on 5* RB’s...they are missing out on Clemson.

Etienne, Feaster, Dixon, Mellusi, Dukes, Rencher......sounds pretty good to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having Tavien Feaster return in 2019 is like getting a 5* commit RB

Feb 6, 2019, 10:28 AM

Our Top 3 returning RB's next year averaged 7.69 yards per carry last year. I'll take that over any RB's from any team in the country. UGA nor Bama has anyone that averaged even close to that and Bama is losing 2 of their top 3 backs whereas UGA is losing half of their most productive backs. D'Andre Swift is the only returning back that had over 50 carries last year. Now UGA does have White that did not play this year due to injury so will he be as productive as expected. You would have at least seen him play near the end of the season at least 4 games to keep his redshirt available and get some experience. But nothing. That tells me he wasn't anywhere near ready to play all season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 10:43 AM

TheSecondComing17® one of the best posters on Tigernet

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I hope that wasn’t sarcasm haha

Feb 6, 2019, 10:54 AM

If genuine, I appreciate the compliment.

That is indeed a formidable RB linup for 2019.

Feb 6, 2019, 10:46 AM

Mellusi and Dukes both have tremendous upside and certainly fit the Clemson mold. Expecting this position to continue to produce lights out numbers for the foreseeable future.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m excited about both of them!

Feb 6, 2019, 10:56 AM

Also allows us to take 2 RBs in the 2020 class, which is full of studs. We currently lead for Knighton and I suspect he jumps on board soon. There’s a lot of really good RB’s in that class, somewhere around 15-18 that are high end players.

Feb 6, 2019, 10:58 AM

Now see why I'm confused on the Ealy deal. Even if he signs with CLEMSON, he will still probably go the bball route, so that's much ado about nothing. And if he chooses to play football with us, then ETN and Feaster are pretty awesome. Plus, we have Lyn-J Dixon, who is pretty darn good too. So I'm just not sure what Ealy is looking at. Yes - he could start at Ole Miss, but he will have some stiff competition at CLEMSON. Personally, I do not see him choosing CLEMSON, regardless if he wants bball or not. JMO though, and I'm sure the coaches are spot on as usual, so maybe he does choose us. He might understand that he has a darn good chance to be on a NC team at CLEMSON, and will struggle to stay in the top 25 at Ole Miss.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

The only aspect of your post that I disagree with is that guys don't become leaders just because they are seniors.

Maybe that is the way it works in high school, but guys had better be showing leadership qualities much before their final year if they are going to be a good leader.

I am not saying that Feaster has not shown leadership qualities already, but if he wasn't being a leader last year then it isn't going to magically happen.

I hope you are right that Feaster is a great leader because we sure did lose a ton of leadership off of last year's team.

I see what you’re saying.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:05 AM

But the fact that he’s sticking around to graduate and finish what he started tells me that he is a leader. You may disagree but I felt the same way with Adam Choice. It’s very easy to leave and be “the man” somewhere else. But they both appear to love Clemson and decided to stay for their last year and that’s what I would want in a leader if I were the coaches.

Re: I see what you’re saying.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:35 AM

I am certainly not saying that Feaster is not a leader.

I am simply saying that he will not change who he has been just because he is a senior.

Adam Choice showed wonderful leadership qualities throughout his career. It wasn't something that came on just this season.

There have been fewer reports talking about Feaster's leadership.

This could be because Choice overshadowed him in that way or because leadership was a bigger media focus with Choice due to his injury and recovery circumstances.

Either way, I am really hopeful to see Feaster in uniform next season and hope that he goes out with his best year yet.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:56 AM

I hope Feaster stays.

Feb 6, 2019, 12:20 PM

Totally agree! Our three headed monster of ETN, Feaster, and Dixon is more than enough talent. A flashy new toy is always nice but I love the get of some one like Dukes, a lifelong Tiger with love for the program.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic