Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have you ever wondered what kind of town grows CHAMPIONS???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,965

Have you ever wondered what kind of town grows CHAMPIONS???

May 22, 2020, 11:11 PM
IMG_3652.jpg(98.4 K)
IMG_3656.jpg(99.8 K)
IMG_3658.jpg(105.5 K)

My travels today took me through such a town . . . Thanks again for raising Mike . . . so glad he chose to be a Tiger!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Skeeta56..did you go thru my hometown of Farmville this week?

May 22, 2020, 11:18 PM

My Grandad & namesake there was a good ole fashion country Medical Doctor from 1920-1952 (born in Morehead City) and he went to the real WakeForest & then UVa Med.

William Moore Willis Sr.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure did Bill!!!

May 22, 2020, 11:39 PM
IMG_3662.PNG(213.9 K)
IMG_3663.PNG(235.0 K)

Just had to stop at the Southern States Dealership on S Fields St . . . thought of you as I passed through the area!!!

Your Grand Dad would have been a good one to sit under . . . just to hear his stories!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure did Bill!!!

May 23, 2020, 12:28 AM

Cool Skeet! Thanks for sharing! Love it when guys like him rise to an elite playing field to get there chance to show the world what a small town cat can do. Makes me laugh thinking what parents Who attempt to buy for their kids what Mike was born with, without those resources.

Awesome progression.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Someone just hit 7K!!!

May 23, 2020, 1:48 AM

Congratulations Brother!!!!!!!

Re: and Someone just hit 7K!!!

May 23, 2020, 12:41 PM

Ha ha, thanks brother. I’ve got a couple good friends ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you ever wondered what kind of town grows CHAMPIONS???

May 23, 2020, 7:47 AM

Hubs and I always comment about Mike when we pass the exit sign for Vance! There's a lot to appreciate in those small town values!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vance is such a small town, Hot Wheels cars look full size.

May 23, 2020, 10:28 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vance is such a small town, Hot Wheels cars look full size.

May 23, 2020, 4:40 PM

Small towns are something special. I grew up in a town so small we didn't have a town drunk, we had to take turns. Things like that can develop a sense of civic pride. We never did lack for volunteers.

Whenever there was two or three cars in town at the same time, excitement reigned galore. We thought there was going to be a big parade.

When I was a kid and did something wrong away from home, word of my misdeed would get home before I did and very few people had a telephone.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2020, 10:37 AM

Small towns are sometimes the best towns.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 23, 2020, 1:39 PM

Reminds me when Coastal won the NCAA Baseball Chip, Mike Williams was the first prominent South Carolinian to publicly congratulate them on social media.

This was before Mike had one of his own to brag about. Or before the Gamecock Women did.

Mike represents small town values. He respects the work and commitment it takes to win a Chip, especially in a team sport. Plus he knew some of those guys and was sincerely happy for them.

The rivalry was real, but was secondary to respect, because they had earned it.

May 23, 2020, 2:51 PM

He went to a AA school and nobody thought he would be close to the player he is. Between his Freshman and Sophomore season he transformed tremendously. Mike is one of my favorites all time.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 23, 2020, 4:42 PM

He's one of my favorites, too. It was a pleasure watching Mike develop and reach his full potential as a Tiger (and beyond).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 24, 2020, 12:28 PM

That is a GREAT POINT!!! So proud of our Team Members and their accomplishments on and off the field!!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic