Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have you all watched the full interview of the 4 players organizing the peaceful protest?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,311

Have you all watched the full interview of the 4 players organizing the peaceful protest?

Jun 13, 2020, 2:47 PM

It is on ClemsonTigers.com

Shows that these guys have hope for a change. Shows that these guys have real love for their team and Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you all watched the full interview of the 4 players organizing the peaceful protest?

Jun 13, 2020, 2:59 PM

Thanks for the info.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Have you all watched the full interview of the 4 players organizing the peaceful protest?

Jun 13, 2020, 3:32 PM

As an old timer['60] grad], I sure hope this planned demonstration/protest or gathering at Bowman Field today remains peaceful. I fear there are elements outside of the Clemson family that would wish to turn it into a provocative situation--including violence and defacing or destruction. Let's hope that does not happen. Maybe a plan is in place to keep them out of this assembly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also hope it remains peaceful...

Jun 13, 2020, 3:43 PM

I would be very disappointed if an outside group came in and tried to take over the message.

Re: I also hope it remains peaceful...

Jun 13, 2020, 3:52 PM

Good chance you’ll be disappointed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

umm ... wrong.***

Jun 13, 2020, 7:00 PM

Jun 13, 2020, 4:04 PM

I like how Rench repeatedly says “Black lives do matter.” That avoids the knee-jerk reaction to “Black Lives Matter” as if other’s lives don’t. With the do in there, the counter is black lives don’t matter, which keeps the emphasis on the problem.

Also, has anyone heard from Tracy Swinney, Dabo’s brother? As an ex-policeman from Alabama, I would think he could have a powerful testimony and message that people would pay attention to due to his relationship to Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 13, 2020, 6:57 PM

Sometimes people don’t want to listen. They have their minds made up because of what they heard of cnn or some other liberal news media. My uncle was a Charlotte PO for 40 years. He could tell them what it’s like to be a PO but I doubt people would listen because a lot of people have made up their minds based on isolated incidents. Not every PO is a racist. There are several different race’s that make up the Charlotte PD. Each race Has some bad apples within their on race.

Now we need to pray for a peace among all races.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 4:10 PM

Great job

Jun 13, 2020, 6:18 PM

Thank you for pointing that out. It was really great to listen to these bright, thoughtful young men trying to make positive changes.

Some observations:

- The guys responded amazingly and seem mature beyond their young age.

- All the guys were amazing. It seemed like Darien Rencher is leader of the leaders. He is so impressive. I agree with comment about liking how he kept saying "black lives do matter." He was even coaching his guys at the beginning on how to get the best light for their video feeds and telling Cornell about feedback on his video. Loved his leadership.

- There was reference to a JC Calhoun statue on campus. There is NO statue of JC Calhoun on campus (at least as far I know). Could I have missed it in my four years as a student and many years since returning to campus? Please tell me if I am wrong about this point. My football parking is near Fort Hill. I know there is plaque about JC Calhoun out front.

- The question from the NY Times reporter about the Coach Pearman incident. He seemed clearly to be angling for a story to fit an agenda. I wish folks would be clearer about what happened. Coach Pearman was correcting a black player that used the n-word and mistakenly repeated the players words in saying it was wrong. The way people talk about it seems to imply Coach Pearman called a player the n-word.

I just want folks to be fair when talking about the University that I love with all my heart. Hope the peaceful demonstration is just that and make us all proud.

GO TIGERS!!
ALL IN!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Darien really is something else....

Jun 13, 2020, 6:20 PM

That is what a leader looks like.

Jun 13, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you all watched the full interview of the 4 players organizing the peaceful protest? ]

I have heard a lot of players talk about Rencher. He truly is an impressive guy. All of them are. That video made this 50 yo hopeful for the future. They will carry the torch well. We are seeing the fruits of their parents' and the coaching staff's labor.

Jun 14, 2020, 12:15 AM

Wow, thank you very much for mentioning this video...had you not mentioned it I would have missed out on 45 minutes well spent. It makes me really proud to know that these are the type of people who will be going out to the world, whether it be in the NFL or otherwise, and representing our University.

I will say that it's pretty clear that Darien Rencher will the be the CEO of a company in short order. I was very happy with how Cornell, Mike and Trevor handled that interview but Darien popped from beginning to end. If there's a way to invest money in an individual's success, consider me all in on Darien.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,311
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic