Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have you actually watched Furman play a game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,992

Have you actually watched Furman play a game?

Aug 28, 2018, 1:45 PM

After listening to Dabo's complimentary words about Furman, I decided to actually watch them play a game from last season. Watching them play Elon was interesting, but in a negative way. They appeared to have numerous holes on D, and their O seemed almost non-existent. Closer to what I expected to see than how Dabo painted it. Dabo is just a really nice guy, me - not so much. I kind of call it like I see it, and Furman is going to be demolished in every part of the game. I seriously doubt Furman scores unless Dabo runs out of players to see the field. Anyone can ignore watching them play, and just look at the depth chart to see how tired the Furman lines are going to be by halftime. Let's hope that everyone escapes this game with no injuries. That is my only concern at this point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but they've beaten us TEN TIMES!!!!

Aug 28, 2018, 1:57 PM

As recently as 1936! That was only, like, 82 years ago!! There are people alive who might remember that!!

Re: Yeah, but they've beaten us TEN TIMES!!!!

Aug 28, 2018, 2:05 PM

oh - now I'm worried.

Re: Yeah, but they've beaten us TEN TIMES!!!!

Aug 28, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Yeah, but they've beaten us TEN TIMES!!!! ]

hartins® I know 1936 was after you graduated from Clemson, but did you attend this game? What do you remember from it? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Couldn't make it because I was busy in Washington

Aug 29, 2018, 4:44 AM

advising FDR on new ideas for the New Deal.

But I was there in 1896, when we discussed playing them, which we decided against. Not enough mules to provide team members with transportation.

Thanks for the mention, anywho.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you actually watched Furman play a game?

Aug 28, 2018, 2:48 PM

Despite all of that lack of performance Furman has in their possesion something our feathered friends envy with each cluck..... A National Championship albeit a vintage 1988 but that still has less dust than the artifact the Leghumpers kneel to...

Aug 28, 2018, 5:28 PM

I watched that 1988 team play. They could have beaten a lot of Div I teams at the time. Not this Clemson team, but many.

Aug 29, 2018, 11:56 AM

Coincidentally, FU played Clemson that year when the Tigers were ranked #3 in the country. That was the highest ranked team our guys have ever faced until this Saturday in Death Valley. Hoping they keep it respectable, then give us a repeat of the final outcome from '88.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,992
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic