Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have Muse and Simmons switch position s for 2019?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Have Muse and Simmons switch position s for 2019?

Jan 18, 2019, 11:11 AM

Why or why not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m for what CBV decides. It is kind of fun to speculate

Jan 18, 2019, 11:21 AM

But my knowledge is about about 1% of Clemson’s coaching staff.

The most knowledgeable posters on this Board are about 2.5%.

I’m having a helluva lot of fun just being a fan these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too Tropical....

Jan 18, 2019, 11:48 AM

Most fun ever!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Have Muse and Simmons switch position s for 2019?

Jan 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

Even if they have characteristics that seem to fit the other's position, switching them would mean we have an inexperienced guy playing at each position.

The two positions are very different in Venables scheme.

I would rather them stay where they are comfortable.

Also for those who are saying move Muse to Simmons spot because Muse is better in run support, I would say that Clemson's Nickel/Sam spot is the most important coverage spot on the defense.

Having O'Daniel and Simmons there the last two years erases the mismatch that most people get when putting a slot WR or pass-catching TE matched up with a LB.

We saw Simmons struggle to get used to the duties against A&M's TE. He looked like a totally different player at the end of the season.

I don't want to start that over with Muse with the schedule that we have to begin 2019.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:41 AM

Agree. The only option here that I could see (dont think we would) is Muse at Will. Same size as Kendall just a bit longer. (Below)

I think we have LB depth more than experienced Safety so we will leave Muse/Wallace backed by Turner/Denzel and let the freshman push for Pt

CB1- Terrell/McMichael
CB2- Goodrich/Booth
Sam- Simmons/Spector
Mike- C Smith/Skalski
Will- Muse/Shaq
SS- Kvon/Charleston
FS- Nolan Turner/Denzel

Jan 18, 2019, 11:46 AM

I like that.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Have Muse and Simmons switch position s for 2019? ]

Muse might be able to play Will but I don't expect him to go to LB. We have so many bodies at LB already.

I expect Venables to find 4 of those options to fill the 2 deep.

I might also include Mike Jones Jr in that discussion to back up at the SAM spot.

I expect everyone not named Terrell to get a shot at the other corner spot, regardless of which side they played this past season. McMichael, Goodrich, Booth and Jones will all get their shot.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Have Muse and Simmons switch position s for 2019? ]

Good breakdown TigerO.... Totally agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 18, 2019, 11:39 AM

MY one concern w Muse is he ducks his head right before contact. You need to see what you hit. Otherwise targeting or an injury should result. I'd love to see him get that cleaned up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 11:47 AM

I think Back 5 will be the following depending on the progress that Spector, Mike Jones, Venables have made and how good Bently and Constantin are day 1.

CB1- Terrell/McMichael
CB2- Goodrich/Booth
Sam- Simmons/Spector
Mike- C Smith/Skalski
Will- Shaq/Mike Jones
SS- Kvon/Turner
FS- Muse/Denzel

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Have-Muse-and-Simmons-switch-position-s-for-2019-24935814#ixzz5cyhKPCnJ

Jan 18, 2019, 12:27 PM

No chance. Simmons' position requires a lot more man to man coverage, specifically against slot receivers. That's Muse's weakest attribute defensively.

How about this????

Jan 18, 2019, 12:30 PM

Use Muse as a TE on occasion. He ain't afraid to hit anybody! He was a RB in HS. He has good hands. He has above average speed--remember his Ints for TD's?

What say ye, my friends????

How about this????

Jan 18, 2019, 12:31 PM

Use Muse as a TE on occasion. He ain't afraid to hit anybody! He was a RB in HS. He has good hands. He has above average speed--remember his Ints for TD's?

Oh, and he's 6'1"/230#.

What say ye, my friends????

Re: How about this????

Jan 18, 2019, 1:29 PM

If we are deep enough defensively, I like the idea of Muse at TE, at least situationally.

He can hit, we know he has hands when he doesn't have the club around an injury, and he is athletic.

Blocking schemes and technique and learning the offensive play book would be the question marks.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic