Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to say it, but this ESPN thing is getting ridiculous.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Hate to say it, but this ESPN thing is getting ridiculous.

Nov 18, 2015, 12:59 AM

The committee is not an employee of ESPN and their rankings are not influenced by the talking heads. Nothing said on there affects us in the meetings.

Also, in case you didn't notice, we are number one in every poll out there, including ESPNs. We are respected.

Yes Bama lost a game, but do you really think Iowa would beat them? Or Oklahoma State?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why not ok state?

Nov 18, 2015, 1:02 AM

ole miss beat them in their home stadium..ok states offense would give bama fits

Re: why not ok state?

Nov 18, 2015, 1:04 AM

Because Iowa State. Bama has improved and I think deserves a playoff spot. The Big 12 literally plays no one out of conference and back loads their schedules to ensure undefeated or one loss teams around this time of year.

so by that logic we dont want any of them either..

Nov 18, 2015, 1:05 AM

i mean we struggled with nc state and cuse.

Tgrfan what's your top 4?***

Nov 18, 2015, 1:07 AM

Re: so by that logic we dont want any of them either..

Nov 18, 2015, 1:10 AM [ in reply to so by that logic we dont want any of them either.. ]

My logic is that we have beaten ND and FSU, so I think we can handle ourselves. We weren't trailing by double digits in the second half in either of those games against Cuse or Louisville.

Re: so by that logic we dont want any of them either..

Nov 18, 2015, 1:11 AM [ in reply to so by that logic we dont want any of them either.. ]

Struggled winning by double digits on the road? Underperformed? Sure

If you're going by the Eyetest,

Nov 18, 2015, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: why not ok state? ]

Arkansas rolled LSU more than Bama did. As the poll stands right now, Bama has beaten #15 LSU ,#26 Wisconsin and lost to #22 Ole Miss.2 of those teams will lose this weekend.

And Bama beat Arky...what's your point?***

Nov 18, 2015, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you on one point but not the other.

Nov 18, 2015, 1:19 AM

Yes, the butt hurt reactions to every media personality who doesn't love Clemson are out of control. We just need to keep winning.

On the other hand, no I don't think Bama is better than Ok State, TCU, Baylor, or even ND. I'm not impressed with their wins against overvalued SEC teams. Same as I'm not impressed with Ohio State.

But I have a feeling the next three weeks will tell us everything we need to know.

Tell 'em coot

Nov 18, 2015, 8:41 AM

ess Scheiße***

Nov 18, 2015, 9:54 AM

Re: Hate to say it, but this ESPN thing is getting ridiculous.

Nov 18, 2015, 7:29 AM

Ole Miss already has beat them. Where are they ranked?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...a mediocre Ole Miss team beat them....

Nov 18, 2015, 7:30 AM

Of course, that was a fluke, at least according to that idiot Mark May and other talking heads at E$ecPN, and should not count (rolling eyes). So why not Iowa or Oklahoma State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

With the right game strategy either could beat Bama.

Nov 18, 2015, 7:41 AM

Stop the run, pass enough to back Bama out of the box on defense. Bama turns the ball over when it plays from behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama doesn't stack the box very often

Nov 18, 2015, 5:37 PM

The thing about their defense this year that makes them better than they have been since 2011 or 2012 is that they are stopping the run with only the standard 7 guys in the box. That's why they have managed to be #1 defensive efficiency against both the pass and the run.

I don't know how often you guys on here watch Alabama, but the assumption that they are great against the run because they stack the box shows the unfamiliarity. Simply passing a bunch to force them to respect it won't be enough for an offense like Iowa or OK State to have success.

I'm not afraid in the slightest of facing Alabama, but I don't think they would have any trouble at all beating Iowa and OK State by more that a TD. Luckily our offense is much more dynamic and balanced than those teams. I also think our defense is much better despite stepping back a bit the last 3 games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama is a one dimensional team.

Nov 18, 2015, 7:39 AM

Anybody with a stout defense that plays to yield without breaking and a good option QB can beat them. Bama's advantage is that they play in an overall weak conference filled with teams which lack those attributes.

Preseason polls ranked 10 of those teams in the top 25. Life has settled them down a bit but the stench of the preseason polls has left it's mark on Bama's SOS which makes them look like world beaters. Well, that and all the bullchit use of the 'eyetest,' as a top metric this season.

Yes, ESPiN's bullchit bears on every pair of eyes and every pair of ears which are exposed to the constant banter. It bleeds through other media like a cancer, contaminating every opinion including yours and mine, I just happen to know I'm infected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overall weak conference, in SEC

Nov 18, 2015, 7:44 AM

I love it

I use the eye test.

Nov 18, 2015, 3:33 PM

You should too, use your eyes on this:

Nov 18, 2015, 7:54 AM

In what world should an undefeated Oklahoma state be behind a one loss Bama/ND?

It's working out well for us now sure but this setup sucks.

> Yes Bama lost a game, but do you really think Iowa would beat them? Or Oklahoma State?

Here's the thing though.... Bama could be the best team in the world but they LOST AND TO A BAD TEAM.

As it stands right now, the only difference that makes for them is #2 instead of #1 right now. Can you imagine if we dropped even the ND game? You think we'd be sitting in the top 4? Hell no we wouldn't.

I don't have a problem with Bama being a top 4 team per se but I have a huge problem with an undefeated P5 team getting left out of the playoff picture.

It needs to be setup in such as way that you can control your own destiny by WINNING. Oklahoma State has done everything they can to get in and still might miss out.

Simple question for you

Nov 18, 2015, 9:03 AM

Why does Bama play a double elimination season? Poor OOC and still pass something called an "eye test" when playing a suspect SEC?

I'll go pop some popcorn.

Nov 18, 2015, 9:04 AM

Did anyone this ole missy would beat them?

you mean like there's no way Ole Miss could beat Alabama?

Nov 18, 2015, 9:05 AM

in Tuscaloosa?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Either one could easily beat Alabama. They are fairly

Nov 18, 2015, 9:16 AM

one dimensional and although they have a strong D, they will struggle if they have to play from behind in a game.

Iowa or OSU COULD beat them but would lose at least

Nov 18, 2015, 9:30 AM

8 times if they played 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2015, 9:52 AM

Doesn't matter. Iowa and OKST have taken care of their business. Alabama on the other hand has not. End of discussion. Notre Dame lost a close game to number1. Bama lost to a not so great Ole Miss team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2015, 10:41 AM

I agree. I don't see how Notre Dame can be ranked ahead of undefeated Iowa and Oklahoma State. The way it stands now, if Alabama and Notre Dame win out, there could be two 1 loss teams in the playoff and an undefeated Oklahoma State left out. If it is the end of the season, if we are still #1, and Ok St. is undefeated, how on earth can anyone rationalize Notre Dame getting a second shot at us in the semifinal while an undefeated Oklahoma State does not? I would like to think if Ok State wins out by beating Baylor and Oklahoma, they would be in but when Notre Dame and Alabama are involved, logic seems to go out of the window.

Nov 18, 2015, 3:24 PM

Completely agree with that logic.

Nov 18, 2015, 9:56 AM

https://twitter.com/stevenbradley3/status/666984889678458880

https://twitter.com/stevenbradley3/status/666986017426132997

Nov 18, 2015, 10:47 AM

well good thing for us that UNC will be a better win in the conference championship than Florida will be for them. Assuming the gayturds lose to FSU as expected.

Re: Exactly

Nov 18, 2015, 12:18 PM

They act like they think that they can change the committee's mind but thankfully things don't work that way any more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly

Nov 18, 2015, 3:26 PM

How sweet would it be if Auburn upset Alabama? I would literally laugh so hard I would probably crap my pants!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic