Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate this with a passion! Fields transfer elligibility
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Hate this with a passion! Fields transfer elligibility

Dec 19, 2018, 3:57 PM

Will Justin Fields be immediately eligible?
He’s expected to retain noted muckraking attorney Tom Mars, who is known for doing the investigative work that ended Hugh Freeze’s career at Ole Miss and also helped Shea Patterson get eligible at Michigan. With Mars’ track record in NCAA cases and Fields’ special circumstance, the quarterback may be able to gain immediate eligibility. Also, any overt Georgia objections would be greeted with a hailstorm of negativity.

Here’s the situation: During Georgia’s football game against Tennessee on Sept. 29, a Georgia baseball player named Adam Sasser allegedly shouted racist remarks toward Fields. Sasser was dismissed from the baseball team within a week and issued an apology on his Twitter account. Fields could claim under NCAA transfer rules a “mitigating circumstance” that directly impacts his “health, safety and well-being” as one way to obtain the transfer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate? I love it.

Dec 19, 2018, 3:59 PM

Somebody that has proven he can uncover and expose cheating is potentially going after UGA. Could be fun.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I'd love it if he goes to Mizzou.***

Dec 19, 2018, 4:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think it will be OHiO State in the end.***

Dec 19, 2018, 4:32 PM

Re: I think it will be OHiO State in the end.***

Dec 19, 2018, 8:01 PM

That would be a great move for him.

Re: Hate? I love it.

Dec 19, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Hate? I love it. ]

Agree. Couldn't happen to a better place.

Re: Hate this with a passion! Fields transfer elligibility

Dec 19, 2018, 4:00 PM

Isn't this like needing to transfer to be closer to your sick Mamma? Looking at you, Josh Belk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 19, 2018, 4:00 PM

Belk hiring an attorney and NCAA doing nothing set a precedent that will obviously continue. Schools have too much money invested in the recruiting process to allow this without vetted cause. The landscape is changing for the worse with these trends.

Dec 19, 2018, 4:04 PM

If he feels unsafe anywhere there are idiots who make racist statements, where is he going to go to feel safe?

Certainly not the South. Or any school in the U.S. for that matter. Actually, he will need to leave the planet.

Sadly, this type of prejudice is part of the human condition. It’s not like he can escape it.

I heard on the radio that Fields’ sister

Dec 19, 2018, 4:08 PM

signed to play a sport (softball, I think) at Georgia. That would seem to negate his claim that he doesn’t feel safe there. Blatant attempt to manipulate the rules, IMHO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I heard on the radio that Fields’ sister

Dec 20, 2018, 8:00 AM

Doubt he can make his sister go to a different school if she does not want to. I'm sure feeling safe is not the reason for transfer but just because his sister is going there does not mean anything.

Dec 19, 2018, 4:36 PM

This whole idea is beyond stupid, if it passes they might as well do away with the sit a year rule and every off season will be a free agent field for everyone who thinks they are better than they are. Allowing him to leave based on a statement made from the stands is insane. If someone had said put the honky in last year could Hunter Johnson have started at Northwestern this year..... It's sad we have gotten to this point as a nation

You realize this is a Clemson site right?

Dec 19, 2018, 8:04 PM

I mean I hate it, but I also go to Georgia so... I feel like besides supermutt I'm probably in the minority.

Fields can make his decision, but leaving isn't the right one.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 8:56 PM

Yep, said this yesterday, agree or disagree, it's all about optics. It's not a subject you want to debate or push back on in todays environment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 11:26 PM

Yeah, UGA is so racist his sister signed with them AFTER this "traumatic" event happened to Justin. Justin is full of pure Bravo Sierra.

Dec 19, 2018, 11:57 PM

His attorney’s case would certainly be more persuasive if Fields made his decision on October 1st instead of the middle of December, no?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic