Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 587

Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.?

Jun 9, 2017, 10:00 AM

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu

Is this DUE to Climate Change? IN SPITE OF Climate Change? Perhaps we are due for some stories about how the land isn't arid enough because of CO2 emissions? Food prices are plummeting because the harvests are too good, and if this keeps up all the farmers will go out of business?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

More animals are dying because of climate change.

Jun 9, 2017, 10:02 AM

Pork production has increased so much that prices are barely half what they were before we ruined the planet with carbon emissions. Poor pigs, I'm going to fry some bacon and abort a few chicken eggs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peach farmers in SC are hurting because of the lack of cold

Jun 9, 2017, 10:03 AM

hours that caused their trees to bloom and bud prematurely before the two days of temps in the 20s knocked out 90% of their crop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And because that's weather, it must be AGW.

Jun 9, 2017, 10:52 AM

Because before the industrial revolution, there was never an early warm spell followed by a freeze. Weather just followed a perfect annual bell curve. Why just last week it rained nearly every day, despite the mandate that showers happen in April.

Undefeatable!

null

No. You were pointing to a weather event as evidence of no

Jun 9, 2017, 10:57 AM

global warming. I pointed out a contradictory weather episode.

Brief weather episodes are not alone indications or not of global warming.

Trends and patterns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did no such thing. I pointed to the (I think)

Jun 9, 2017, 11:25 AM

remarkably good drought map of the U.S. to mock yet another "disaster that isn't". Of course, my knowledgeable, science-minded friends on here had to once again explain that this is just a snapshot...it doesn't tell the whole story. Just like they no doubt would say when people were pointing out the horrible drought in California last year as clear evidence of AGW.

But I didn't say it was evidence of no global warming.

null

Yeah, but something happens to the peaches every year.***

Jun 9, 2017, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Peach farmers in SC are hurting because of the lack of cold ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.?

Jun 9, 2017, 10:06 AM

right, because a drought map on a specific day in a specific region of the world is a good indicator for the impact of co2 emmisions on the entire planet

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. We'll probably be in full drought tomorrow.

Jun 9, 2017, 10:41 AM

This Climate Change thing is awesome. Truly it is undefeatable. Any evidence to the contrary, any example of incorrect prediction can be brushed off with "oooooooh, but it's coming."

null

Re: Yeah. We'll probably be in full drought tomorrow.

Jun 9, 2017, 10:52 AM

It's defeatable. Just not by a snapshot of current conditions.

Doesn't that seem obvious to you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Quiet, Spoon!

Jun 9, 2017, 11:09 AM

I'll not have your calm demeanor ruining my thread.

null

Re: Yeah. We'll probably be in full drought tomorrow.

Jun 9, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Yeah. We'll probably be in full drought tomorrow. ]

possibly we can use Tuesday's terrorism statistics in Boise Idaho to declare victory on the war against ISIS?

Jun 9, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.? ]

exactly - but the fuktards counter that with their belief in basically - nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 9, 2017, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.? ]

And this isn't even the time of year for droughts. But let's use it as a reason to keep doing nothing.

Deniers are a little like the drunkards having a good time when Noah was building an ark. Except there isn't an ark in this story.

You OK man? This is a pretty weird thread.***

Jun 9, 2017, 10:59 AM

I'm okay, I think? Maybe the heat's getting to me.***

Jun 9, 2017, 11:09 AM

null

Jun 9, 2017, 11:48 AM

Yes, it has looked better.

Keep in mind that many of the areas currently no longer under drought conditions received a months worth of rain in just a few days. That also isn't good.

Also keep in mind that we just had one of the warmest winters on record. January, February, March and April were all in the top 11 warmest since records begin.

I don't know that I'd use one piece of data, the drought monitor, to try and prove or disprove climate change.

Jun 9, 2017, 12:15 PM

who would of ever thought that it rains more in the spring?

Another good point.

Jun 9, 2017, 1:56 PM

No wonder drought conditions are so good this year. It's Spring. And last year we didn't have a Spring.

null

poor Tbalm...does he ever understand what he posts about?***

Jun 9, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: poor Tbalm...does he ever understand what he posts about?***

Jun 10, 2017, 9:25 PM

you are right, the OP is completely valid.

In the 17 years that this scale has been used, it's the best

Jun 9, 2017, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.? ]

Drought conditions.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/100971018/

The article indicates that as recently as 1993 there was "no drought" in the country, but the scales may be different. By the current scale we are at a record low level of drought.

null

Re: In the 17 years that this scale has been used, it's the best

Jun 9, 2017, 3:08 PM

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/historical-palmers/

Re: In the 17 years that this scale has been used, it's the best

Jun 9, 2017, 3:12 PM

We still use Palmer.

Very interesting! Thank you for posting it.***

Jun 9, 2017, 3:38 PM

null

Jun 9, 2017, 6:48 PM

It was 62 degrees in June this morning in Myrtle Beach.

Global warming is BS....

Jun 9, 2017, 9:10 PM

One Canadian air mass floating south does not stop global warming.

Jun 10, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Has the drought map ever looked better in the U.S.? ]

yup, and crime is down in spokane Washington which tells me that the same will happen in chicago.

Replies: 27
| visibility 587
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic