Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

General Update: Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act

Jun 9, 2016, 4:06 PM

Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still don't undestand why the hazing part is limited

Jun 9, 2016, 4:14 PM

to fraternities and sororities. Club sports, Varsity sports, Marching Bands, etc. have all had hazing incidents at universities in the recent past.

Re: Still don't undestand why the hazing part is limited

Jun 9, 2016, 4:36 PM

Agreed . . . swimming teams (do we still have one of those), at least at one other "institution of higher learning," apparently have some bad actor violations worth reporting as well.

naughty girls...

Jun 9, 2016, 5:13 PM

who doesn't like those?

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/pickens-county/2016/03/22/soccer-hazing-settlement-clemson-university-agrees-fund-program-promote-healthy-relationships-among-athletes/82130508/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because it is bad law!

Jun 9, 2016, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Still don't undestand why the hazing part is limited ]

This is designed to try to harm Greeks. my question is ; would this law have protected Hipps? We will never know however, I have my doubts. This boy's death was tragic ands here is still no specific evidence pointing toward his fraternity as causing this death. Sad!

Being afraid of truth becoming known...

Jun 10, 2016, 5:57 AM

..is rarely a bad thing.

The greek system gets 'support' from the school (I'm sure they wish they had more for sure), but because they do they will have oversight.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I have no problem with transparency

Jun 10, 2016, 10:32 AM [ in reply to because it is bad law! ]

for this kind of thing as long as it applies to every organization.

Im going to take a shot in the dark

Jun 10, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to because it is bad law! ]

and say you were in a frat?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the Bananas Transparency Act ?***

Jun 9, 2016, 6:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

her office looks like it was designed in the 70's***

Jun 9, 2016, 10:21 PM

It probably was. This is the SC government, after all.***

Jun 9, 2016, 10:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Our two primary interstates were built in the 60s and have

Jun 10, 2016, 11:15 AM

hardly been updated since. That tells you pretty much all you need to know.

her office looks like it was designed in the 70's***

Jun 9, 2016, 10:21 PM

being friday...

Jun 10, 2016, 9:05 AM

gamma hopes the governess has gotten her orange on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act

Jun 10, 2016, 11:09 AM

As a current Clemson Greek I'm all for transparency, but this is purposingly painting Greeks in a bad light. My organization has nothing to hide, but all it takes is for one person to make a mistake, even if at a non-fraternity event, in order for a black mark to get added to this list. Every organization has people who abuse drugs, alcohol and haze. How long would the lists be for other student organizations? I'm sure our own football team would have an list just as long as any Greek organization. I've personally witnessed public women's volleyball hazing that nobody batted an eye at.

I've never been part of any organization that hazes

Jun 10, 2016, 11:44 AM

and I wouldn't be and won't ever be. I'd bitchslap the first punk that tried to haze me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no...

Jun 10, 2016, 11:46 AM

is a perfectly good answer.

a slap

Jun 10, 2016, 4:09 PM

sends a stronger message

a slap? like two soccer gurls locked in mortal combat?

Jun 10, 2016, 4:20 PM

haha, that's funny.

I would say the Greeks have done a pretty good job

Jun 10, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act ]

painting the Greeks in a bad light...When was the last time the Football/Women's Volleyball team hosted a Gangsta party? Or a Malt Liquor Keg Day party?

Re: I would say the Greeks have done a pretty good job

Jun 10, 2016, 1:56 PM

I think you'd be very surprised. The football team has huge parties all the time at the pier clubhouse or co-sponsors them with fraternities. My chapter has stopped throwing parties with them because they refuse to follow our risk management policies and they cause a ton of damage that ultimate falls under our responsibility. The university is much more protective of the athletic teams which is why your rarely hear of anything. The football team had a shooting at one of their parties last year and that was never heard about outside of the student body.

well in all fairness

Jun 10, 2016, 4:10 PM

the football team brings in millions of dollars a year.....

Re: I would say the Greeks have done a pretty good job

Jun 10, 2016, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say the Greeks have done a pretty good job ]

Guns should be banned from any kind of party. Alcohol too.

Has the Football team ever thrown a party on MLK day?

Jun 10, 2016, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say the Greeks have done a pretty good job ]

Or had a Pimps and Hos mixer?

Re: Has the Football team ever thrown a party on MLK day?

Jun 10, 2016, 8:19 PM

So you're going to hold all of Greek life responsible for the actions of one group of individuals that have been unrecognized? That's exactly like holding the whole athletic department responsible for Ammon Lakip's screw up.

no, I simply stated that the Greeks make themselves look bad

Jun 11, 2016, 12:46 PM

and provided several examples....are you saying the multiple racially insensitive parties were held by the SAME frat?

Re: no, I simply stated that the Greeks make themselves look bad

Jun 11, 2016, 6:26 PM

There was only one, and it was the Cripmas party held by SAE about two years ago now (keep in mind SAE has since been unrecognized by Clemson). I never heard about a party held on MLK day at Clemson, but if there was one it was probably because the holiday falls during the spring rush period and we get that Monday off.

Re: General Update: Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act

Jun 11, 2016, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Haley signs Tucker Hipps Transparency Act ]

The Greek life paints itself in a bad light.

It's not about how Greek life is depicted, it's about making them do something that is common sense. Simple rule. And if Greek Life is so wonderful and following all the rules anyways, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic