Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,319

Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet?

Oct 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

Or is he still pretending not to know who Jeff Scott is? (He's a terrible actor, by the way).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet?

Oct 8, 2018, 3:02 PM

He won a heisman, spent 10 years in the NFL, won a super bowl and super bowl MVP and has a well established job. "Pansy has been" is kind of a bit harsh for a statement that is kind of true to the point at which he made it. Clemson hasn't been a smash mouth team and we don't pretend to be neither, what he meant was we win with speed not power. That's why afterwards he stated finesse isn't a style of play it's a description of how we play. I think we're now leaning towards smash mouth play to help our Lawrence and showing we can easily win that way too but I'm not too hurt at what he said like some seem to be. No he didn't apologize but I also don't think we deserve an apology, he stated how he felt to that point and it's up to us to show him he's wrong just as I believe we did a great job of on Saturday.

Oct 8, 2018, 3:13 PM

I was just sorta kidding around.

Might have been good playing but analysis and commentary

Oct 8, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? ]

Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? [3]

Oct 8, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? ]

Clemson doesn't have to prove something that is already fact we aren't finesse - we are what we need to be. Just because an ESPN announcer with an agenda (controversy, prejudice for Big Ten/Notre Dame, etc) doesn't make it the truth. The narrative is wrong to move CU out of the playoffs. It's all about the ESECPN and the Big Ten and Notre Dame. Style points are on CU's favor look at what CU has done against comparable teams Ga. Tech and Wake and them against common teams.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? ]

The fact is that many on Tigernet have been complaining, from the beginning of the season, about our OL and the lack of their ability in getting tough yards. The posts are all there. In addition, we have many who have been blaming the OL coach AND pointing out that we don't recruit good linemen.

I thoroughly enjoyed our rushing game against Wake Forest. But that was Wake Forest. Our backs, including Choice, who does not have that much speed, were running untouched into the end zone.

The Tigers have to keep rushing for high yardage against better competition (NC State for example), and the narrative WILL change.

If you got hate in your heart, let it out.***

Oct 20, 2012, 11:50 AM

Oct 8, 2018, 3:05 PM

Jeff Scott just needs to keep his mouth shut. No need in picking a fight with the media.

Oct 8, 2018, 3:15 PM

I agree. Let trump attack the media. #maga

He saw it as Desmond calling us soft.

Oct 8, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? ]

As did I. Why, b/c that's exactly the kind of slight Desmond was making.

Dabo, the staff and players spent years changing the narrative on the national level that we are a tough & consistent team. Yet, for some reason, people want to take shots at us after 4 games b/c we're not blowing teams out each week via leaving the starters in until midway through the 4th qtr of every game. D @ m n the fact that we're staying vanilla on Offense by design, playing tons of backups as a way to prepare them for later in the season and save starters for the championship season, and we've had a tough last 2 weeks with transfer for Kelly B and the loss of a former teammate.

Jeff Scott did the right thing. By that, he chose his players, based on their effort, over a pansy and his off the mark, over the top hot take. I for one, am glad Jeff said what he did. Don't think for one second the players didn't like it either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? ]

Jeff Scott has tremendous pride in what he's teaching , and he has the right to be prideful based on his superior resume .
Calling us a finesse team when the facts show otherwise was a d### move and I for one was glad to see CJS pop back at that hack .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 8, 2018, 3:31 PM

Dug knows what's up!!

Oct 8, 2018, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Has that pansy, has-been Michigan WR apologized yet? ]

Jeff Scott just needs to keep his mouth shut. No need in picking a fight with the media.

BS coot. Jeff said the truth. The ESPN commentator was wrong. Look at the facts.

Oct 8, 2018, 3:38 PM

The whole thing was an ESecPN comedy of errors until Denzel's "rough week" comment appeared to reference C.J. Fuller's passing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was all part of Howard's agenda

Oct 8, 2018, 3:51 PM

that the quarterback change is going to cause Clemson to have a meltdown. Several ESPiN commentators want to represent the TL / KB decision as a racial issue, which is ridiculous.

The Dude abides

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,319
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic