Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone been to the Wolfpack forums?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Has anyone been to the Wolfpack forums?

Oct 9, 2018, 11:25 PM

Here's a taste of what you're missing. Not sure we have a chance next week

http://www.wolfpackforums.com/forum/showthread.php?4003-Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone been to the Wolfpack forums?

Oct 9, 2018, 11:28 PM

they are like red coots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 11:41 PM

Ditto, NCSU is the ACC version of the Coots. They last won the ACC in football in 1979. All talk and no walk. Sucking for 40 years will make you bitter (like the Coots 50 years suckage run).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 11:29 PM

Hope is not a solution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's funny stuff

Oct 9, 2018, 11:38 PM

Some good arguments there. But there’s a catch they aren’t seeing.

Oct 9, 2018, 11:39 PM

They mention conference rankings for offense and defense. Clemson #1 O vs States #4 D blah blah blah. It all seems to be a good matchup until you look at strength of schedule.

Clemson’s SOS is #11 nationally and NC State’s is #83

So even with our exponentially harder schedule, our stats are still exponentially better.

Tigers 45 NC State 17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That one guy has a good point about the 2002 season

Oct 10, 2018, 2:29 AM

They won in 2002 with Phillip Rivers and a kid. Ryan Finley is old enough to be a grandfather, and clearly we are about the same team exactly as 2002. Solid facts...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some good arguments there. But there’s a catch they aren’t seeing.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:27 AM [ in reply to Some good arguments there. But there’s a catch they aren’t seeing. ]

They must smoke a lot of weed up there. I believe we school them very well this year. We will need a statement game vs a quality opponent to make all the pundits finally wake up and, once again, notice we are the cream of the crop in the ACC, and certainly among the cream of the crop nationally. I will say this, while letting everybody play early and often is great for moral and for getting guys game experience, barely eking out wins doesn't help our national image nor our ratings. It's a long season, though, and we are built for the long grind to the championship playoff.

Re: Some good arguments there. But there’s a catch they aren’t seeing.

Oct 10, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Some good arguments there. But there’s a catch they aren’t seeing. ]

I did learn that "offense" and "offence" can be used interchangeably.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow - sparky over there thinks

Oct 10, 2018, 12:26 AM

that they are a better team pretty much every where except spell teams - christ on a cracker.

our spcl teams are still our weakest link - although kick offs have been great.

null

Re: wow - sparky over there thinks

Oct 10, 2018, 12:51 AM

Very sad. Has anyone told Sparky that meth is not really a cure all for alcoholism?

nice manifestos!

Oct 10, 2018, 12:56 AM

sounds like some next level delusion going on over there... "we're gonna win because we won in 2002 and there are some parallels"??? yikes!!!

Re: nice manifestos!

Oct 10, 2018, 2:20 AM

Plus Venus will be aligned with Mars the same way as the last time they won.

Oct 10, 2018, 2:19 AM

In the second comment, the guy says they will win because of their D-line and LBs. This is precisely why they will never win this game. If you look at the close games against NCSU over recent years, it's been their D-line that has allowed them to compete with us. Our O-line has struggled against their D-line. But this year they don't have nearly the talent on the D-line as other years. And other reasons they list for beating us are ridiculous. I lived in Raleigh for many years. Almost every year NCSU would start out 5-0 or 6-0 and then lose most of the last several games for the season. This year Clemson will beat them down and humiliate them. Clemson 48 - NCSU 13 (two field goals plus a late TD against our 3rd D).

Oct 10, 2018, 4:31 AM

I agree! They will get exposed, and there is not anything they can do about it, except stand there and take it like a jackarse in a hail storm.

This is going to be a fun one to look at around 7pm gameday

Oct 10, 2018, 6:00 AM

bookmarked. Those guys are way too confident.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we were average and below average in the 90's I always

Oct 10, 2018, 6:32 AM

felt like we could win the next game. I remember thinking we could go to FSU and if we got a few turnovers and had a big play or two, we could win. After the game, we lost 56-0 (I think).

My point is...if as a fan you don't believe you have a chance to win...that is a sad state.

I expect NCSU fans to believe they will beat us. The last 3 years they have proven they can go toe to toe with us.

I see no reason making fun of the fact they think they can win.

I've done it as a Clemson fan under different circumstances many, many times in my life.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some folks have a short memory

Oct 10, 2018, 7:35 AM

Now get our of here with your common sense and reason.

I totally agree with you Scott, except...

Oct 10, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to When we were average and below average in the 90's I always ]

That thread isn't them "thinking they can win." It's basically them "thinking they can't lose."

Big difference.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y’all really expect them to bow down and kiss the ring?

Oct 10, 2018, 6:38 AM

They are saying what all of us would be saying if the situations were reversed. They are a plucky bunch with a plucky coach. But that’s what it takes to try to win there.

The fact is that it’s not a great matchup for us. We have more talent and I believe we should win but don’t delude yourselves into believing that it will be easy

As a fan base I liked us better 4 years ago

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: “... I liked our fanbase of 4 years ago...”

Oct 10, 2018, 8:49 AM

The fact that someone td’ed your post testifies to and quite possibly (imho) proves your point.

????

Besides, how could anyone td the person whose father invented the question mark?! (Without which, this sentence would have been impossible to make... )

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 10, 2018, 7:02 AM

Finley is an excellent QB, likely a high 1st round draft pick. We have learned how hard he is to sack. He gets the ball out FAST. Short timing routes are probably the best way to attack our D, and Doeren, pencil headed whiner or not, knows this. I do not think they will be able to run the ball on us. If they can, we will certainly have our hands full.

Our OL is a key for this game. If the NCSU DL can get pressure on TL and control our running game, we will have all we can handle. Our O is an inverse of theirs. Running game and deep routes vs short/intermediate passing game.

NCSU has a chance. Not a great chance, but a chance, I like Clemson by 10 in a game closer than the Clemson faithful would like. But, in the end a win is a win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're lucky the WV game was cancelled, they would have

Oct 10, 2018, 7:11 AM

been exposed by Grier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we're lucky their WVU game was cancelled....

Oct 10, 2018, 7:41 AM

so they're still ranked playing us.

They've played no one else. BC without their star RB doesn't matter much to me.

James Madison 24-13 ; Really?

Ga State 41-7 ; Fair enough, but nothing to brag about

Marshall 37-20 ; Giving up points they shouldn't

UVA 35-21 ; Giving up points they shouldn't

BC - Should've lost and got lucky IMO. Every team needs a little luck. Fair enough

However, the points they give up against inferior teams will not be the same with this Clemson team. Their heightened stats in the ACC are simply due to the above teams played. Says nothing.

I think Clemson clears up the recent distractions, and floats to an easy win. Done in the 3rd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were miles better than Boston College

Oct 10, 2018, 7:48 AM

They turned the ball over for five times and still one.

In the same argument could be made against us with Syracuse and Texas A&M. We haven’t look like world beaters either.

I still so we win but this game worries me. Not that it really matters if it worries me,

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

#### I hate when my dictation app makes

Oct 10, 2018, 7:53 AM

Me sound dumb.

I do that well enough on my own hah

Oct 10, 2018, 7:56 AM

I wasn't aware that their receivers were as good as ours.

"They really weren't that much better than us, if at all really"

NC State fans already know this...

Oct 10, 2018, 8:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow--a team's zealots believe they will win. Shocker!***

Oct 10, 2018, 9:15 AM

Re: Wow--a team's zealots believe they will win. Shocker!***

Oct 10, 2018, 11:04 AM

https://local.theonion.com/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-from-m-1819583814

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope they enjoy the 7-bomb we're about to drop on their

Oct 10, 2018, 11:07 AM

stupid azzez.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic