Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anybody had consistent problems with getting AAA help ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,358

Has anybody had consistent problems with getting AAA help ?

Aug 9, 2015, 8:59 PM

Right now - trying for the 2nd time in 2 years to get help.

1st time - "very busy" and they never showed.

Right now - 3.5 hrs later - still a no show.

Seems rather fishy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Yep, but Spurrier can hook you up with AA if that helps.***

Aug 9, 2015, 9:29 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anybody had consistent problems with getting AAA help ?

Aug 9, 2015, 9:58 PM

A few years ago, had to have my daughter's car towed from an impound lot for repair after it was stolen at UNC-G campus parking by a couple of crackheads. It took about 3 hours for AAA to get someone there. Thought that was a bit long for a city the size of Greensboro and definitely let them know about it.

Was surprised a couple of weeks ago when her car blew a tire on Hwy 49 six miles north of Mt Pleasant NC. By the time I got there about 35 minutes from leaving the house, AAA had someone there and that area of Hwy 49 is pretty rural.

Good luck with your situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Aug 9, 2015, 10:53 PM

Always gotten great service around Clemson. Their affiliated service place, Jim's Auto, has always done right by me.

Aug 9, 2015, 11:07 PM

I had them for over ten years mainly for my wife and never called them. I have a Ford f350 (srw) that the fuel pump went out on. So I go thru the deal and they say sorry that is considered a commercial vehicle we do not cover that. Now you list your vehicles when you sign up. Needless to say I had it towed to Ford and it was under warranty so they paid for it. I cancelled that and got Good Sams for the same money. But I have never called them so I can not endorse them only tell you what my experience with AAA was. I do think they are lighting quick in taking your Money but drag a bit in delivering the Service.

Agree. 4 hours in FL and they never showed up. Gave up.

Aug 9, 2015, 11:10 PM

2nd time this has happened here.

May be a regional lack of performance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 9, 2015, 11:03 PM

USC Head Drunk
Refused to Read the
Book!

Aug 9, 2015, 11:11 PM

I live in Clemmons, NC and AAA out of Winston is always fast. The guy that owns the body shop Rays Bodyshop has three AAA wreckers and they stay busy and on time. Jerry M. owns it and is a great Christian man that would be very honorable about taking AAA calls. He said if his guys can't get there they hire other wreckers in the area by number to go for them and sometimes the ones on the call list aren't so good.

I guess it depends on how busy they are and how far down the list the go. Jerry said during ice/snow storms it's hard to get AAA out because of the number. Of calls ahead of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 10, 2015, 6:47 AM

It's been several years since we've had to call them but when we did, we usually got decent service. There have been times where the wait was a few hours but they warned us in advance. Honestly, I get my money's worth on the membership fees via hotel discounts, especially during football season. That's one of the primary reasons I still pay for AAA every year.

Actually, I've had great service from them in the Columbia

Aug 10, 2015, 6:49 AM

area with waits no longer than 45 minutes.

It might be the locale or number of calls your local AAA company is handling, although it's also understandable how the service may vary, depending on the affiliated firms.

Similar Issues With AllState

Aug 10, 2015, 7:02 AM

First tow company I contacted was not happy to hear from me and told me that they were not interested in my request.

Morning all !!!! Sitting in the driveway, back to waiting.

Aug 10, 2015, 7:08 AM

Adding to the 4 hours so far.

Gave up on AAA - now just trying to get somebody out on my own.

Try your insurance company. Should have a 1-800

Aug 10, 2015, 7:16 AM

Number on your card. You probably have free 50 mile towing on your plan and they arrange the pick up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I've never had an issue with AAA. Used it once while I

Aug 10, 2015, 7:15 AM

was a student at Clemson, twice here around Charleston, and my wife used it once in Mt P - all for keys locked in car. Wait time was probably in the 60-90 min range.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,358
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic