Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has Nick Saban won his last National Championship?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,833

Has Nick Saban won his last National Championship?

Jan 21, 2019, 8:53 PM

There is no argument Nick Saban's Alabama is still a powerhouse program.They are talent laden out the wazu.But a couple of things I'm left contemplating after the destruction Dabo's Clemson Tigers just reigned down on their collective a$$es.

Saban reminded me quite a bit of Spurrier in the National Championship.Body language was speaking volumes at the time.Just like Spurrier's last game against Clemson, Saban was mirroring him all except having his head between his legs.They both had defeat in their postures and lack of their usual antics.No visor throwing by Spurrier and no headphone shattering by Saban.Withe the Alabama Radio Call Megacast you get to witness Saban the entire game.It kind of baffles me to see him like this.

I think Saban has two, maybe three, angry pride filled last hoorahs(seasons) left in him to win his coveted tie breaking National Championship.But he's tired, man.Father Time has caught up to him.And that is going to pi$$ him off even more to get back to the National Championship.And that will motivate him to take it out on the SEC upstarts who think they are in the same league as Alabama.No UGA is not I don't care how close they've played them.I honestly feel it'd still be Clemson he faces in the CFP National Championship.

If that is the case it's Dabo who puts the old dog down for good.Would be fitting.

Admittedly perhaps I'm just feeling it because of the fresh butt whooping we just laid down on Bama.Saban is still Saban and should never be underestimated.But his main competition, Clemson is only getting better.

Just laying some thoughts down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would not bet against him, however I feel like for the...

Jan 21, 2019, 9:01 PM

...time being we have broken Bama. I do not think they will make the CFP in 2019 but they will have a very good #6 team. I feel that Saban's real goal is two more nattys. One will break his tie with the Bear but two will make him the best ever at Bama instead of tied with the Bear while at Bama.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Nick Saban won his last National Championship?

Jan 21, 2019, 9:40 PM

After our recent win, I predicted that Dabo would break Bear Bryant's NC record before Saban, and Saban just needs ONE more. I'm standing by that prediction until Saban figures out how to beat CLEMSON.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:24 PM

If recruiting ratings mean anything - no.

Message was edited by: tinker®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 10:39 PM

I’m not ready to claim king of the mountain just yet. Let’s lay some wood on them again and I might join in with you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:46 PM

But probably not.

Jan 22, 2019, 12:14 AM

You make a good case. But i think only Clemson is superior, so let's make sure nothing happens to prevent our guys from getting there.

Regardless of Saban, i don't see Tua ever winning a Heisman. How can he improve on this year's numbers?

And his picks will rise.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic