Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hard to Figure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 894

Hard to Figure

Mar 6, 2020, 4:56 AM

Why is it so hard to have enthusiasm for tonight's game with GT ? This obsession with the NCAA tournament is absurd. THIS team has absolutely EXCEEDED any expectations of anyone that follows Clemson basketball at all. It is a young team with only one player to lose this year. Granted a discussion of making a change would have been possibly in order after last year ( though I don't think merited ) but this year there is no validity to it at all. If this team could get a win tonight and end with a winning overall record that is a major accomplishment for THIS TEAM ! It is harder than it used to be to get to the NIT but a win tonight and in the first round "might: get us there. People here deride the NIT but it is a great tournament and is a worthy goal for THIS TEAM ! To think otherwise is to display your IGNORANCE of basketball at Clemson and in this league.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to Figure

Mar 6, 2020, 5:14 AM

I have to disagree with you on this one my friend. I completely understand why people don't care about this game. This season is a wash. It's just practice for next year. I feel good about next year. There is some good that came out of this year. We beat Duke who is #12 Duke who has lost 3 out of their last 4 and even lost to Wake. We beat a last place UNC to end that streak. Then again we had a couple nice wins though with some weak losses too. Just glad that UNC streak is over. The season has been a little more positive than what we expected I agree. I like what we will have never year. I see the pieces coming together. I realize that we were never supposed to make the tournament this year. That said, we have made it 1 out of the last 9 years. Fans aren't expected to be into a meaningless game at Gtech. We are 9th in the ACC and a game over .500 overall. That's not going to get anyone interested this late in the year. Just be happy that there are a handful of us that still believe in next year. Most of our fans are completely apathetic at this stage. It's understandable why. The press doesn't even care anymore about Brad's conferences. Next year we start anew.

Mar 6, 2020, 5:28 AM

I guess where we disagree is that I think the NIT is a worthy goal.

Mar 6, 2023, 11:56 AM

We agree that the NIT is a worthy goal. Usually I think the NIT is worthless, but with our young players, I think it will be very helpful for next season. I will watch if we go to the NIT. It's only going to excite optimists who feel good about next year though.

Mar 6, 2020, 6:31 AM

Based on t-net posts many fans are ignorant about basketball. They think since football became elite basketball has the same potential if only we fire Brad and hire the mythical right coach. A man who can sign five star players without paying AAU coaches or selling your soul to the shoe companies. A man who will take CU to elite status on a mid pact budget. A man who won’t bolt at the first opportunity.

We knew going in this was a rebuilding with a young team but after a couple of top five wins we forgot about the rebuilding and decided we should win every game. When that did not happen the old fire the coach which is the go to move by the casual fan was heard far and wide

Mar 6, 2020, 9:47 AM

The game tonight is worthless.

I do not say that because I have given up on the team, but I say that because it's just a seeding game and one where we don't have full control of our seeding even with a win.

If we are holding out hope of making a run in the ACCT, it has nothing to do with tonight's game.

We have shown that playing well in a previous game has no bearing on our performance in the next game which would be the only reason to think tonight matters is to get some sort of positive momentum.

In truth we are in a holding pattern to try to win the ACCT, which is a long shot, and other than that it's not a very important game.

I will support the team in the NIT, but I'm not under the impression that playing 2 or 3 more games in the NIT will provide much value in terms of experience for the future of our young players who have already played a 30 game schedule.

Replies: 5
| visibility 894
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic