Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Halftime Ceremony at Military Appreciation Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Halftime Ceremony at Military Appreciation Day

Nov 19, 2017, 4:05 PM

One of the things I find most powerful at the Military Appreciation Day game has been the halftime "Soldier's Cross" ceremony followed by the 21 gun salute. What has moved me as much as anything about this ceremony has been the complete, utter silence that falls over the 75,000-80,000 in attendance during the ceremony. It is normally so quiet that you can hear a pin drop. I had a friend with me yesterday and had told him about how incredible this ceremony and the quiet of the crowd is.

So I would like to thank the tailgating moron, whoever it was, who was playing their stereo as loud as possible during the ceremony. It sounded like it was coming from across the street from the east end zone, but with the way sound echoes it's really hard to tell. Anyway, I hope that person knows that, while not ruining the experience, they significantly diminished it, not just for me and my friend but for the other 70 or 80 thousand people who were there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Halftime Ceremony at Military Appreciation Day

Nov 19, 2017, 4:09 PM

I kept hearing that music blasting too and thought the same thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 4:22 PM

I think this is the second time in the past 3 or 4 years we had a problem with people outside the stadium. It amazes me that people are either unaware of what is happening inside the stadium during halftime or simply don't care. These folks are in a minority at Clemson but I found it disturbing yesterday as well. I hope there is a way to prevent it in the future. Clemson does an incredible job planning and promoting Military Appreciation Day and it is a shame that some folks choose not to be inside the stadium at halftime to experience it.

Nov 19, 2017, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Halftime Ceremony at Military Appreciation Day ]

I had hoped security was close enough to explain to that group that this was a solemn moment inside the stadium. I imagine next year the University will include with pregame info a request for tailgaters to respect those being honored at halftime of this game.

Nov 19, 2017, 4:24 PM

I completely agree.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There

Nov 19, 2017, 4:41 PM

Are many freedoms that the citizens of this country are guaranteed by the constitution. Many abuse those
freedoms every day. Some of those freedoms are outdated and perhaps should be changed but that has proven to be difficult. It’s extremely difficult for me to accept a lot of today’s happenings but we all do.

Free speech
The right to bear arms
Countless others ....

Nov 19, 2017, 4:56 PM

Yes, classless tailgaters across street from east end zone. Surprised security didn’t quiet them down.

Yes, he was up the hill. Never heard the stadium that quiet

Nov 19, 2017, 4:57 PM

ever.

Too bad he ruined the tranquility.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic