Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look how stupid these ignorant coots look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Look how stupid these ignorant coots look

Aug 3, 2012, 10:21 PM

hey board coots, see how dumb your fan base is?

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1825&tid=176418500&mid=176418500&sid=1017&style=2

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look how stupid these ignorant coots look

Aug 3, 2012, 10:26 PM

I don't click on coot links, nor should you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Normally don't but wanted to see how

Aug 3, 2012, 10:27 PM

these idiots reacted to Dabo doing what Spurrier would never do.

This Isn't

Aug 3, 2012, 11:01 PM

about any Coot comparison. This is Clemson family business. Leave the coots to their own business. Let's get on with the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Normally don't but wanted to see how

Aug 3, 2012, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Normally don't but wanted to see how ]

They were only responding to what Swinney was constantly putting in the media, which indicated strongly that Watkins wasn't going to be punished. Even the vast majority of you CU fans on this very site were HEAVILY supporting the notion that Swinney wasn't going to punish Watkins, and that Watkins wasn't going to be missing any games. Y'all were saying that Watkins didn't DESERVE to miss any games....in fact, now that he apparently is suspended for the first 2, many of you are STILL saying it.

My only question is, what did Swinney need all this time over the past 2 months, in order to come to his decision today? What facts still need gathering? Swinney said before that Watkins was doing everything asked of him to make amends: did something change?

The whole thing is a strange about-face: it's one of the reasons why USC's policy is to immediately suspend it's players pending a determination of the facts, and once it's determined the player(s) did wrong, then punish them quickly, and move on from there. Swinney's own actions regarding Watkins was anything but smooth......

Exactly, he gathered facts

Aug 3, 2012, 11:39 PM

And absence of response on YOUR terms doesn't mean there won't be one. Dabo wanted to see if Sammy was going to learn from just being caught and doing PTI. I'm glad he gave him that chance instead of brushing it off and acting like he was grounding a teenager (see Garcia).

I'm glad you lump everyone together with your "Vast majority" and "HEAVILY". You read people responding to your troll and decided to go with it.

Man, you can't stand that you were wrong. Can't stand it. "He took too long, he probably was pushed, wah wah wah"

Clemson

Re: Exactly, he gathered facts

Aug 3, 2012, 11:47 PM

So I guess what you just said was, Swinney determined that Watkins was NOT going to learn from it.....otherwise why see, and then just go ahead and punish him anyways?? Sounds excessively punitive to me, almost like torture. Or if Watkins failed to prove he learned his lesson, I wonder what he did? Get caught smoking again? Caught with more of that prescription drug? We'll never know, of course, but it's sure interesting to think about....

I wasn't wrong....actually it turns out that I was probably more right than the majority of Clemson fans on this site, and none other than your very own head football coach proved me right, when he went ahead and punished Watkins. All I said all along was that Swinney was wrong not to punish him....I obviously support what he's now done, but it's still a mystery that it took him so long to do it....

Haha

Aug 3, 2012, 11:57 PM

No...Dabo said he had a minimum and maximum early on. He let Sammy determine what it would be, hence seeing what Sammy learned on his own. Maybe if you'd actually read this: http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10786,
you'd see that.

You said he wouldn't punish Sammy, for days you said this. Looks like he DID have a punishment in mind, he just let Sammy try to show what he learned from this! Holy sh!t, Cootman, learning from your mistakes! Many of us said he WOULD punish him, on his own time, not yours, despite the frustration it caused you to not see a CU player have some punishment. You're so used to seeing players suspended during the summmer (read, suspended from nothing), you can't understand why a coach would wait.

Clemson

Re: Haha

Aug 4, 2012, 3:12 AM

I'd like you to read that link you posted, and tell me what it says....

I never read anything that actually gave any detail at all as to what Watkins was being asked to do, or if it could in any way be considered punishment. I only went by what little Swinney said, and by what was posted here as the general consensus....

Aug 4, 2012, 3:25 AM

Area, one question hoedown feel about the way SOS handles disciplinary issues?

Aug 4, 2012, 3:28 AM

I didn't understand what you posted

Aug 4, 2012, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Normally don't but wanted to see how ]

Where in the hell did you read or hear dabo say Sammy would not be punished? You coots make a burnt out light bulb look bright. Dumbest effing fan base on the planet. Please go back to your trailer park and work on some junker buried in 2 feet of grass and stay off our board.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2012, 3:18 AM

The implications seemed to strongly head in that direction....first Watkins gets arrested, the charges are made public quickly, and Watkins immediately issues a public apology that basically admits to everything he's charged with...

Swinney doesn't suspend Watkins immediately, but gives vague statements about "gathering the facts", when nothing was disputed or challenged from the start, so the facts were pretty much on the table for all to see.

Then essentially 2 months go by, and Swinney is still gathering facts. Then various reports come out about Swinney talking about how proud he is of Watkins, how he's doing everything being asked of him, and eventually even mentions that it's possible Watkins could play versus Auburn, the season-opening game.

So it's pretty to come to the conclusion that it's heading to where Watkins won't get punished AT ALL, or at the most for a quarter or a half. If that turned out to be the case, that would be disappointing. I imagine that's all where USC fans got their opinions of the whole affair.....

Aug 3, 2012, 11:20 PM

You just can't fix stupid. They seem to have it down to a fine science.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't spell SCUM without usc!***

Aug 3, 2012, 11:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't spell SCUM without usc!***

Aug 3, 2012, 11:52 PM

You really didn't just go there, did you? Or perhaps you're a USC fan in disguise, laying the bait for other USC fans to jump on in???

So, I'll go ahead and help you out:

You need CU to spell SCUM too.......

;)

Aug 4, 2012, 1:25 AM

The South Carolina rivals site is a known cess pool. I wouldn't put much stock in anything that goes on over there.

Aug 4, 2012, 3:23 AM

Idiots. Enough said

OOPS! Those coots sure do know their sports. Maybe

Aug 4, 2012, 3:57 AM

they're just so used to SOS's punishment's (or lack there of) that they truly do not believe there are people out their who still have morals and ethics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those morons claim spurrier hands good discipline….

Aug 4, 2012, 4:09 AM

how moronic can you be. Suspending a kid from some offseason work outs is not punishment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nor is reinstating your alcoholic car keying QB 6 times...

Aug 4, 2012, 4:23 AM

Would've been 7 if he didn't see that the O runs better through Shaw anyways.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic