Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Johnson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Hunter Johnson

Apr 18, 2017, 8:23 PM

http://clemson.247sports.com/Article/Clemson-QB-Hunter-Johnson-uses-strong-spring-to-put-himself-in-p-52358210

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Johnson

Apr 18, 2017, 10:45 PM

Kinda sad i read this on a post and not... well I've been banded for saying anymore but nothing in this article surprises me.

I've no doubt been adamant about him starting and given more time with the ones. good to know he's been studying our playbook for that long... appears to have some of that drive that separated DW4.

Did not know that with he and Nick. Nick was good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2017, 11:00 PM

Watson missed a lot of spring with the broken collar bone. Right now I'm leaning toward Johnson being the starter after the Auburn game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2017, 11:36 PM

Let's hope that Johnson ,Cooper, and Brice get equal chances behind the first team line. Their dual threat talents gives us our best chances to have a dynamic offense.

Apr 18, 2017, 11:50 PM

Brice has all the tools to be a very good QB for us but I doubt he picks up the system in a month to run it his freshmen year

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He has more upside than the others

Apr 18, 2017, 11:03 PM

I hope he starts vs Auburn

Re: He has more upside than the others

Apr 18, 2017, 11:52 PM

As the complete package, I agree.
1. He's a true 5 star QB recruit
2. #1 in Indiana
3. Offensive player of the Under Amour All American game with high school's elite
4. Strong practice's, strong arm, smart kid, assuming strong Fall camp = Starter. At what point in time is to be seen.

HJ was also extremely inaccurate in HS

Apr 19, 2017, 12:14 AM

Hunter Johnson Cons:

1. 51.5% completion percentage in HS
2. 38.4% completion percentage in Spring Game
2. 36 INTs
3. Played football in a state that doesn't have a lot of top tier talent.
4. Needs to put on some weight over the summer.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HJ was also extremely inaccurate in HS

Apr 19, 2017, 12:23 AM

He's not DW4. Watson was more polished and ready to start from day 1. If as you say that Johnson isn't ready, do you believe that Bryant is a better dual threat qb? I don't. Johnson with coaching can run this offense more effectively.

Re: HJ was also extremely inaccurate in HS

Apr 19, 2017, 12:50 AM

I can't argue with stats. However, the kid is growing and can make himself into the starter with the skillset he has. I agree, He needs to put on weight, train, practice, and if he's the man then we'll know. I'm just looking at total package, and what I saw against elite 5 star talent. Agreed, the state doesn't traditionally produce a lot of QB talent, but this kid has mobility with an arm to match.

He's not Watson, none will ever be. However, could he be the next QB to lead Clemson to a playoff?
All I'm saying is, he's got the tools. I hope that under Streeter that the ratios of interceptions goes down and completion percentage goes up into the 65-70 percentile range. Valid stats from HS, and he does have growing to do, just seems there is championship material & tools in his makeup.

I think Cooper is our best option

Apr 19, 2017, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: HJ was also extremely inaccurate in HS ]

KB is a dynamic runner, but I'm not sure if he has the arm talent to distribute the ball. Cooper has the arm talent and showed the ability to tuck it and go in the spring game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Cooper is our best option

Apr 19, 2017, 12:57 AM

I like Cooper as well. I was honestly hoping that He would come out of Spring winning the job. I think that would have put a lot of minds at ease. However, I can see Bryant being a dynamic dual threat QB, best legs on the team, but how about the arm? Fall Camp will reveal a lot. It's a tough call, but Dabo's got a plan. May the best man win the job.

Apr 19, 2017, 12:48 AM

I still think that Kelly or Zerrick will win the job. It's possible that Hunter will take over at some point during the season, but I can't see that happening. Either way, the defense is going to have to be almost perfect if Clemson wants to get back to the playoffs. The offense should be slightly better than it was when Cole Stoudt was starting games in 2014.

Apr 19, 2017, 2:48 AM

Well hopefully we will survive 1 yea without Dw4. I believe Lawrence comes in next year and takes over after this season.

Apr 19, 2017, 4:35 AM

KB cannot throw the deep ball and they will dare him to beat them. We are too talented at WR to have a QB that cannot get them the ball.

Apr 19, 2017, 8:29 AM

I agree.....the more I think about it, the more I see Bryant grooming Johnson into the starter.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic