Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HD, despite her shortcomings, I think sums up the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 887

HD, despite her shortcomings, I think sums up the

Dec 3, 2013, 12:21 PM

TNet debate (at least between the actual Tiger fans on here) pretty nicely:

"These last few years are tough to put in perspective for Clemson. Dabo Swinney and Tajh Boyd have, in some ways, taken the Tigers to new heights, amassing great recruiting classes and breaking records. At 10-2, Clemson has its third straight season with double-digit wins; it had not posted consecutive 10-win seasons since 1989-90. At No. 13 in the BCS standings, a second Orange Bowl berth in three years remains a real possibility. Yet Swinney and Boyd are 0-5 against rival South Carolina, and just 2-3 against top ACC competitor Florida State -- including an 0-4 mark against those teams in the last two years while going 21-0 against everyone else. The Tigers deserve credit for taking a sledgehammer to the word "Clemsoning" and erasing it from everyone's vernacular in recent years, but knowing that it still came up short against its toughest foes during a historic run has to be a tough pill to swallow, especially with no sign of the Seminoles slowing down."

No one likes losing to USuCk ever, much less 5 in a row. But when "21-0 against everyone else" includes teams like Auburn, UGAy, LSU, VT, and GT it puts some perspective on it.

IMO what Dabo is doing is building a program that can sustain success, not a flash-in-the-pan team that will win one year and disappear (like TCU, Cincy, Utah, ND?, Boise St?, etc.). You do that by winning double-digit games multiple years. We've done that. No one is going to win "every big game." Saban, who's the bellwether of CFB, has dropped 3 big ones in the last 3 years (Auburn, LSU, TAMU) but he's the man because he wins more of the big ones than he loses. Ignoring the very big games Dabo and Clemson have won in the last three years is ignorant, as is saying we're no better off now than with TB because "going 10-2 now is like going 8-4..." (!?!).

Losing sucks. No one likes it. But only Coots and Jesse Palmer think this year was our only shot to do something great. If you can't tell we're headed in the direction go pop open a bottle of Steve Spurrier Vineyards Anti-Freeze Reserve and pull for someone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HD, despite her shortcomings, I think sums up the

Dec 3, 2013, 12:51 PM

I think you and Heather are both correct. I speaking with a recruiting nerd in that area, he thinks the tables turn for Carolina the year they got Lattimore and Clowney. His assessment is that is has turned back each of the last 2 years and we should see those results soon. Just hang on. Besides, we are all in this for the long haul...win, lose or draw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 12:54 PM

This is good for HD. It also appears she is over her LT's height fascination

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 2:03 PM

you know what she was really thinking

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it was apparently some guy named Matt

Dec 3, 2013, 1:53 PM

Fortuna, not HD--go figure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 887
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic