Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson Pros: Watson-Hopkins connection leading the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,488

FB Update: Clemson Pros: Watson-Hopkins connection leading the NFL

Oct 30, 2017, 6:08 PM

Clemson Pros: Watson-Hopkins connection leading the NFL

Few receivers have benefited more from a new QB than Clemson product DeAndre Hopkins. Fellow former Tiger Deshaun Watson is tied for the league-lead in touchdow Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HATE THE FACT...

Oct 30, 2017, 10:42 PM

Happy for them! But hate the fact that they broke the former team's stance and took knees during the anthem... THAT sours all future games for me. And they did it to defy an owner??? WHERE IS the love and respect for our country? You just shouldn't soil the last source of UNITY that our country and people have. I feel that if we lose that, and our young are taught by them by doing so, then we have NOTHING left that we may all agree upon... and so comes our downfall. If there is any thing more damning to illustrate why it is wrong to use the flag for protests ...it is that pee-wees to college kids are learning that America is nothing to value and prize. The Roman Empire fell because they began to take for granted their invincibility. We are rotting from the inside and cannot see it happening.

Re: HATE THE FACT...

Oct 30, 2017, 11:36 PM

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Taking a knee does not divide the country, neither does criticism of those that do. I do not ignore the reasons our fellow countrymen are taking a knee. I want justice and liberty for all, the poor, the black the police
... In many cases justice is not happening, especially in cases concerning young black men and women. Some of those taking a knee have had relatives who died in service to their country, some have had friends or relatives killed or beaten by police. If we want to be unity then we must make sure justice is for all!

Oct 30, 2017, 11:54 PM

Here in SC two police shootings of unarmed black men and both policemen we're indicted and tried. In some states and municipalities this does not happen.
These men taking a knee have children and are attempting to bring attention to a problem in our country that endangers their children, their families, their friends.

Oct 31, 2017, 6:39 AM

Justice for all. That is a noble ideal, one we should all agree on.
My problem is that they are using the anthem itself as the platform. There are many ways to show your beliefs, in this country
We have all seen whay happens when a person puts out a video or tweet, how it can go viral.
Yes, the men and women who have died in service to our country did it so that these people can do exactly what they are doing, expressing their opinion. However, I want every one who kneels, to look in the faces of the the families with slain soldiers, and tell them that THIS is how they are going to use that opportunity. They should have to look at the children of those people slain and say 'your father or mother is never coming home and I'm going to use that sacrifice, their selflessness, for such a polarizing action. My point is that they need to use their unity to actually go out and physically, mentally, DO something. What they are doing is actually pushing people away. It is bringing more attention, for some of us, to them and their flamboyant and selfish attitudes, than doing anything to help. I, personally, believe that there are many more avenues in which to express their opinions than on the backs of so many fallen heroes.

Oct 31, 2017, 7:26 AM

With all due respect, I think you should look at those same families that have had family members that died and were injured fighting so ALL could have the rights of liberty, freedom to choose, to protest peacefully against a cause one believes and stand for, tell those families you know their love one SACRIFICED their LIFE for these things but you don't think it was good enough. Tell them you think that their SACRIFICE should be AMENDED to what you think is best and that the freedom and justice their family members died for should apply to your opinion and other like yours only.
If you believe the flag and the Anthem really stands for liberty and justice for all symbolically but in reality you know the moral compasses fall short, what better way to bring awareness peacefully to the song and symbol that suppose to imply this liberty? Do more than sing and stand as if this is truth when in reality it's far from it.

Oct 31, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: HATE THE FACT... ]

Some of my best friends are veterans, one loves football and no longer watches the NFL, so we now talk about college football.
There is a lot of selfishness in this country. I do not think atheletes taking a knee nor people boycotting the NFL are examples of selfishness, it is an example of the rights we have as free men to speak out about issues want changed.

and the more we talk about it and get all bent out of shape

Oct 31, 2017, 9:01 AM [ in reply to HATE THE FACT... ]

about it.. the more it will happen. Its an attention getter. And America (both sides)is giving it every week. the protest doesn't make sense in the way that they're using the flag/anthem. I think we've all asked the question as to why are we blaming and downgrading our country over isolated issues within a handful of police departments. But this is the best way these "behind the scenes" puppet-master types can get on t.v. The fact that it still continues is solely due to the attention we give it. This Texans owner (gamecock by the way) bit the race-bait like a largemouth bass and thats what the goal for these divisive folks is.

So just stop giving it a platform. Either stop watching or watch... who cares. Running around beating your chest about how you won't watch the NFL is giving it just as much life as protesting. You're protesting the protest!

Re: and the more we talk about it and get all bent out of shape

Oct 31, 2017, 9:10 AM

The issues they are protesting are not isolated, it is pervasive from NYC to SC.

so you would say that police brutality/shooting is the norm

Oct 31, 2017, 9:59 AM

and that police officers who do it right are in the minority? Either way the argument can go on forever and ever b/c spin is what rules the day. Money wins in the end. If we want to fund this idea that our police officers are the problem maybe one day we will live in a country where we have no civil protection and monitoring.

I just don't know what the end game is supposed to be? Some in chicago want for their police force to be unarmed... is that the answer?

Either way.. the debate will always rage on b/c we live in an imperfect world. IMO police brutality is not the norm. I know there are areas where police are more on edge b/c of the risk. Take a relatively small sample size is the tv show Live pd. When i watch live pd i see alot of folks not following directions, being combative/belligerent, acting sketchy during routine police stops... that will get you no where but to a bad place. To see it happen live like that and how some act toward police officers tells me all i need to know about how something tragic could pop off.

People need to be educated on how to deal with police as well as police officers need to be educated on the best way to deal with situations. People need to quit abhorring authority. Thats the root of it. And these protest only embolden it.

..and here I am talking about like I said i wouldn't.

Either way.. just watch football or don't watch football but understand the problem probably will never be solved b/c we live in a fallen imperfect world.

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,488
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic