Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys, we were NOT the dominant team in 1st Q & Bammer’s 74 being off-sides saved our asss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 4,352

Guys, we were NOT the dominant team in 1st Q & Bammer’s 74 being off-sides saved our asss

Feb 2, 2019, 9:48 PM

at 1 minute mark at goal line which would have had score at 20-14..but that 5 yds backwards turned the Tide & then we switched ends of field at start of 2nd qtr with Clemson fans behind our D & making noise towards Bama..

and then on 3rd down they tried shuffle pass up middle which Pinkney & boys stuffed..and then Bama got their LAST points with FG.

After that we became the superior team, like magic.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea ok bill

Feb 2, 2019, 9:53 PM

You sure you arent mixing crack with the rum because you have one heckuva view on things

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yea ok bill

Feb 3, 2019, 6:52 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys giving Bill a hard time blow my mind.

Feb 3, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Yea ok bill ]

To quote part of a first half summary of the game:

-- Alabama's 224 yards of offense was a high for any quarter in a CFP title game and the most in a first quarter (old highs were by Clemson -- 214 in the fourth quarter and 147 in the quarter in the 2016 game).

Bama rolled up 224 yards of total offense in the first. 224 YARDS! I remember looking at that stat at the end of the first and running the numbers through my head. That’s on pace to get 900 yards of offense in the game! I remember looking at that stat at the end of the first quarter and thinking the game would soon turn in their favor. The pick six is what kept the score close at that point. Thankfully I was wrong and our guys opened up a can on Bama. Bama’s stamina was even worse than I thought before the game and Venables made the right adjustments. Bill just pointed out the simple fact that we were not the dominant team in the first quarter and now he’s a drunk coot. SMH

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pick 6s are great for the scoreboard but

Feb 4, 2019, 9:35 AM

From a stats perspective they take away a possession and also hurt your TOP. That contributed to Bamas increased stats in the first. Also if you look at most of our games, it’s been the 2nd and 3rd where we destroyed people. This was no different.

Yeah, we were very lucky.***

Feb 2, 2019, 9:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

could you imagine only winning by 20? it would have felt

Feb 2, 2019, 10:46 PM

Like a loss

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill needs some time in timeout

Feb 3, 2019, 8:18 AM

Or Jamaica or 12 step program

They had players fighting amongst themselves in 2nd quarter. That happens when you get dominated. I think Bill is the only person in America who missed the whipping

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys, we were NOT the dominant team in 1st Q & Bammer’s 74 being off-sides saved our asss

Feb 2, 2019, 10:00 PM

Before the game I felt like if we could just hang until the second quarter we could wear them down and have a chance. I told people before the game that I felt that they were poorly conditioned. It showed the two times we played them with DW4. Oklahoma got in an early hole the week before but after that they were able to hang. Unfortunately for them their hole was too deep to get out of.

No we didn’t dominate the 1st quarter. The stats were very much in their favor but that pick 6 kept Bama from building an early lead. That pick 6 kept the score close until they fizzled out, got tired or whatever you want to call it. After halfway through the second quarter the game was ours. We broke them mentally and physically.

Re: Guys, we were NOT the dominant team in 1st Q & Bammer’s 74 being off-sides saved our asss

Feb 2, 2019, 10:01 PM

Is that when we used that “mentally fatigued” play?

Well yeah, we were playing Bama and not...

Feb 2, 2019, 10:10 PM

...the Little Sisters of the Poor. They are very good and were still fresh in the first quarter where they can usually just out-athlete most of their opposition. We didn't dominate but neither did they. We played our game, landed some blows and so did they. However we took their best punches, figured them out in the process and we never looked back.

Our punches landed and they never got up off the mat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good summary .....

Feb 2, 2019, 10:43 PM

...,,Starman .....-:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 2, 2019, 10:19 PM

That is the goofball who smears the eye black all over his face which makes him look stupid as heck. He is unworthy of using "my number 74"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 10:31 PM

Not sure what point you’re trying to make. It’s a 4 Q game and we clearly did dominate when it mattered. Bama was a very good team and was bound to make some plays. Once we adjusted, it was over. No magic to it. Just better coaching and great players making greater plays.

Feb 2, 2019, 11:02 PM

Yea would've been just awful to win 44-20.

Feb 2, 2019, 11:26 PM

That was huge. Who knows what would have happened if they scored a TD there. We dominated in the redzone, 3rd down, penalties, and turnovers. Besides that we are pretty even teams. They are dang good and our boys deserve more credit than we can give for beating that team 44-16. We made the plays that mattered and they did not. I would bet next year it will be closer on the scoreboard if we meet again.

Feb 3, 2019, 7:29 AM

Honestly I think it will be determined by the offense again. If they have to keep up they can’t. BUT if they hold us to field goals or just stop us, they showed they can drive on us and at least get in FG range. Settling for field goals isn’t even automatic for them because their kicker sucks, but I could see a closer game if their defense is able to minimize our office next year. I know i’m stating the obvious but just how I feel

Feb 2, 2019, 11:41 PM

Took you almost a month to come up with this? ??

Feb 3, 2019, 4:37 AM

On the scoreboard it was pretty close during the 1st, and it is fair to say that (watching live) it wasn't cleat that we would pull away from them and win comfortably, in such a dominating manner.

But, if you watch it again, and admittedly with hindsight, there were signs that we were the better team, of which the discipline not to concede stupid penalties when at the opposition's goalline is one example.

I knew we had it at 9:25 in the second quarter, when Nikki

Feb 3, 2019, 5:39 AM

went for it on 4th down from his own 35. That showed TOTAL desperation. He knew then they couldn't stop us and had to try and keep pace with us to have a chance. Who in their right mind goes for it in the second quarter from their own 35 unless they are terrified?

I thought we got outplayed in the 1st quarter and the pick 6

Feb 3, 2019, 6:04 AM

really helped us weather that storm. We completely dominated the rest of the game though.

Re: I thought we got outplayed in the 1st quarter and the pick 6

Feb 3, 2019, 7:34 AM

Exactly. The pick 6 allowed us room for error. Perfect example I think we all had a good idea that jerry jeudy was going to get Tanner muse at least once during that game. Well he did BUT because of the pick 6 we were only tied and not down 7 right off the bat. Because without that pick six that’s what was about to happen on that first drive. And I think we got stopped 2/3 first possessions on offense. Ya never know what could’ve happened then. But I know one thing I sure as heck don’t care and we cut that ###!!!

Feb 3, 2019, 7:26 AM

The biggest play of the entire game was the first one. Pick 6!
It forced Bama to have to keep up with us and they couldn’t settle for field-goal‘s and let’s be honest they were moving the ball but were forced to have to go for it every time because they had to keep up with us. Saban showed everybody this when he went for it 4th and 1 so early in his own territory, without the pick six if Bama goes down and gets any points that first drive I think we only win by 2/3 scores hahahahaha

Feb 3, 2019, 7:37 AM

So how come the dominate team ended up with 13 points and the team that did not dominate only had 14?
I guess Alabama decided to make up for being offside by missing a PAT!
Oh,and Magic had nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

Off the top of my head the total yardage at the end

Feb 4, 2019, 9:18 AM

of the 1st quarter was something like Bama 220 - Clemson 75 and the TOP was 12 minutes to 3 minutes. We were up 14-13 but Bama had the ball 3rd and goal at our 3 at the end of the quarter. At that point they had 4 drives that went INT - TD - TD - and another shot at a TD or FG on their current drive. Our offense had gone 3rd and out on 2 of our 3 drives and basically had only made 2 good plays - the deep shot to Higgins and the TD run by Etienne right after that. Outside of those 2 players we basically hadn't gained a yard.

Our offense looked a lot more stoppable at that point that theirs did, but we managed to turn things around quickly in the 2nd quarter.

Feb 3, 2019, 7:59 AM

Glad he saved the game for Clemson. Head scratcher !

Feb 3, 2019, 8:50 AM

IF,IF Your Aunt had A pair, He would be Your Uncle !
TL and our receivers along with our Defense made sure the game wasn't in any doubt in My Opinion.

Feb 3, 2019, 11:10 AM

Could it be possible that the quickness of our D-line made their o-line a bit twitchy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

At The Game

Feb 3, 2019, 11:59 AM

and you can see it on TV - The INT for the TD was the turning point. Our fans went crazy. Our intelligent fans new we had to weather the 1st quarter BAMA storm. Also it came right after we received the opening kickoff; went nowhere and TL looked nervous. Our defense was officially in Tua's head.

The false start occured on BAMA's end of the field, going into their fans' end zone. Our fans had little to do with it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bill, we broke Bama's will

Feb 3, 2019, 12:15 PM

And it wasn't close. Bama wins by breaking teams will in the 1st quarter with intimadation. We survived that 1st quarter, then broke their will.

Their weakness was their secondary, and Clemson smashed it

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 29
| visibility 4,352
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic