Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guy on SportsCenter just said we showed our entire playbook last night and Bama didn't.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Guy on SportsCenter just said we showed our entire playbook last night and Bama didn't.

Jan 1, 2017, 6:37 PM

He said "Nick Saban knows that the playoff is a two step process so all they did was run the ball, but Clemson showed all the nooks and cranies of their playbook against Ohio State."

He's either trolling us or doesn't know a #### thing about college football.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guy on SportsCenter just said we showed our entire playbook last night and Bama didn't.

Jan 1, 2017, 6:40 PM

I feel like most of what we ran was similar to what we've done this year. Last year I felt like we pulled out some new plays. Look for Scelliott to dial up new looks for Bama.

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guy on SportsCenter just said we showed our entire playbook last night and Bama didn't.

Jan 1, 2017, 6:46 PM

The reason Bama didn't throw the ball is because they weren't able to. There's a reason for that, and it's because Jalen Hurts isn't very good. He's very inaccurate, much like JT Barett.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 6:41 PM

OSU had seen them also
Knowing and being able too Stop are not the same

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right...just because I see a semi on I-85 everyday...

Jan 1, 2017, 6:53 PM

doesn't mean I can jump out and stop it.
Go Tigers!!

Jan 1, 2017, 6:43 PM

I don't remember a single pass to Leggett last night. Was there one? That certainly is a part of our offensive package. Ask FSU!

Jan 1, 2017, 6:44 PM

He got one.
I agree. I think Bama will get a strong dose of Leggett.

I did notice he laid down some huge blocks last nite

Jan 1, 2017, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Guy on SportsCenter just said we showed our entire playbook last night and Bama didn't. ]

For all the flack he catches about his blocking on tnet....he was laying wood yesterday

Agree. That flack is from posters that have no clue.***

Jan 1, 2017, 7:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this guy doing looking at our whole playbook?***

Jan 1, 2017, 6:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Former assistant coach at WFU.***

Jan 1, 2017, 6:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

How could he possibly know that?

Jan 1, 2017, 6:47 PM

Why people watch ESPN analysis is beyond me. The stupid stuff they say is so annoying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Homer is as homer does

Jan 1, 2017, 6:49 PM

Momma always says

Another guy who will be dumbfounded next Monday night

Re: Homer is as homer does

Jan 1, 2017, 6:55 PM

My view has always been open up the playbook from day one, show teams what they have to prepare for. Frankly, too much to prepare for. They can run any number of plays from any number of formations. ESPN praised Urban Meyer and his group of minions for a couple of weeks now, and they did the same for Clemson, but we all knew only one team would come out victorious and we all knew who that would be. Bama is already favored by 6.5. We will see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 7:42 PM

Yea I thought about this, and we didn't even use Legget.

The 1 play that sticks out as being gave away now is the touchdown to make it 31.

That safety might not bite next time

But yea, we have plenty plays

Couldn't have been OUR playbook. We

Jan 1, 2017, 7:44 PM

only have 10 or 12 plays. We were obviously using another team's playbook.

Jan 1, 2017, 7:48 PM

I am sure we have a few pages left. Nick Saban probably cant find half the pages that Kiffin took with him.

If the ESPiN talking heads would watch football instead of..

Jan 1, 2017, 7:51 PM

watching sports center and other dumbazzes on ESPiN they'd have better sense than to say things like that and remove all doubt about their ignorance.

Our offense was about as passive and vanilla as we've run all season. To this date we've not opened the entire playbook during a single game. BTW, we call our playbook a 'Can of whuppazz.' I think we'll open it against Bama next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guy on SportsCenter

Jan 1, 2017, 7:53 PM

Ed Cunningham, you sly rascal...if I remember correctly, you said that our Tigers would fall apart against "The" Ohio State University. Looks like maybe the wrong team fell apart--you know, the grossly overrated one--or maybe Clemson just played "An" Ohio State University team, not "The" one???!!!

Re: Guy on SportsCenter

Jan 1, 2017, 8:07 PM

I thought the fake pitch QB counter run was very effective. We didn't even run the read option WR screen option play, or throw to Leggett...will the jumbo package reappear? Hmm...

If Bama plays two high safetys we must be able to run the ball. If the safetys cheat up we will hit some plays down field.

Defense is going to give Hurts the squirts!

I thought we out-athleted osu and out-coached them on both sides.

early in the year

Jan 1, 2017, 8:20 PM

We were wondering why we did not use the jet sweep anymore. It was very effective last night.

I sometimes get the crazy feeling that Dabo and co. know what they are doing.

Yes, and the fake jet sweep with the pass to the...

Jan 1, 2017, 9:39 PM

WR who was faked to worked extremely well. That was a nice wrinkle to add.

Nick Saban invented football according to them

Jan 1, 2017, 8:17 PM

Yep he's good. One of the best ever but he doesn't walk on water

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Nick Saban invented football according to them

Jan 1, 2017, 8:21 PM

I thought he invented Dr. pepper!

Lol I thought playcalling was pretty conservative last night

Jan 1, 2017, 9:48 PM

Jan 2, 2017, 2:27 AM

The guy obviously has never heard of Cornell Powell :)

#SecretWeapon

Got'em right where want'em!

Go Tigers!

???

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic