Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How often has Gus & theChad spoken about BV's tendencies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

How often has Gus & theChad spoken about BV's tendencies

Aug 17, 2016, 11:16 AM

habits, signs/signals etc?

If anyone is intimate with the inner-workings of Coach Venables' vaunted defense from facing it on the daily over many years, it would be theChad and we all know theChad owes Gus a great debt.

I appreciate what theChad did for Clemson, but he's the enemy in this situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How often has Gus & theChad spoken about BV's tendencies

Aug 17, 2016, 11:17 AM

I thought it was "vaulted" like a ceiling. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, rest assured Gus has circled the wagons on this one.***

Aug 17, 2016, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

bv has tendencies??

Aug 17, 2016, 11:22 AM

not that there's anything wrong with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

idk, with chad always on speed

Aug 17, 2016, 11:23 AM

I wonder if BV could keep up!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:25 AM

Is theChad going to tell Gus how Coach Venables manages to steal signals from the sidelines? That could be a huge concern.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I thought BV had a tendency to steal signals??

Aug 17, 2016, 11:25 AM

That's what Dave Doe.... I mean some anonymous coach said

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ChemETiger97 has a tendency to steal posts??

Aug 17, 2016, 11:27 AM

Or so I've heard.

If the OP was better at disguising, I would be able to

Aug 17, 2016, 11:28 AM

hth

touché***

Aug 17, 2016, 11:32 AM

I don't always read the others

Aug 17, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to ChemETiger97 has a tendency to steal posts?? ]

but when I do, I don't proofread mine well enough.... should have said wouldn't

Re:tendency to steal signals?? not stealing

Aug 17, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to I thought BV had a tendency to steal signals?? ]

we only borrow them for one play

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to know if Gus shares Chad's tendency

Aug 17, 2016, 11:29 AM

Of abandoning the running game when they trail by more than a touchdown. I hope he does.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BVs tendencies? To rush a lot and be very aggressive

Aug 17, 2016, 11:30 AM

Which will stop you a lot but sometimes allows you to get a big gain? Guessing GM already knows that. Didn't know the Chad owed a big debt is it a debt of gratitude or does he have the gambles? If the Chad gives that up it would be worse than stealing signs that that rat ####### bv does. My guess is unless they turn off our headsets we are good.

Gus is theChad's mentor & pretty much the man that

Aug 17, 2016, 11:32 AM

saved theChad's coaching career.

They go way back.

Re: Gus is theChad's mentor & pretty much the man that

Aug 17, 2016, 11:35 AM

WAIT, HE DID NOT SAVE CHADS CAREER. CHAD WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECTLY FINE WITH COACHING AT LAKE TRAVIS AND BEING THE MAN THERE. GUS BEGGED HIM TO TAKE THE TULSA JOB AND THE REST IS HISTORY. BUT HE NEVER "SAVED" HIS CAREER.

Chad's record at Lake Travis is because of Gus' tutoring.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:45 AM

That's the career he saved. Just a taste...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/09/auburns_gus_malzahn_clemsons_c.html

Theirs is a Hallmark moment if there ever was.

Re: Gus is theChad's mentor & pretty much the man that

Aug 17, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Gus is theChad's mentor & pretty much the man that ]

Bob Stoops knows BV tendencies better than anyone. Sure didn't help him 2 years in a row.....

This isn't Bob Stoops and one != the other.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:38 AM

Really, it's maff simple.

Yeah, it's technically Kevin Steele

Aug 17, 2016, 2:24 PM

nuff said!

Just stay with the TEs on the rub routes... Everything else

Aug 17, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to BVs tendencies? To rush a lot and be very aggressive ]

will take care of itself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rub routes are my favorite.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:41 AM

Signed
@cutigerbob

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Where is bob? Has he been in rio trying

Aug 17, 2016, 11:44 AM

To hook up with Chinese gymnasts? They think he has the talls. An inch is still an inch.

I haven't seen bob around in a few weeks, about the same time

Aug 17, 2016, 11:48 AM

I put him on ignore.

Hope it has the same results as Bob Stoops knowing BV's

Aug 17, 2016, 11:33 AM

tendencies.

Me too, but only time will tell. Still...

Aug 17, 2016, 11:39 AM

knowledge is power and in the right hands can move mountains.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:41 AM

FB is just FB and is played about the same, and better players usually win over lesser players. Unless Chad can tell Gus where and when BV's pressure and blitzes are going to come from every play. What Chad knows want help Gus much. We can take our team and beat the Chads team, and the same goes for the Gus team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches, staff assistants, video techs spend 100s of hours

Aug 17, 2016, 11:51 AM

studying film looking to book tendencies, situational and other, hoping to unlock the secrets to their success verses another coach.

If someone throws them the keys so to speak, they are way ahead of the game and can plan accordingly to attack those perceived and/or real weaknesses.

The scariest part of all of that is how close the Chad is

Aug 17, 2016, 12:15 PM

with DW4. DW4 is a nice guy and would never suspect Chad will betray his trust. This could be very bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We're predators GWP, eyes in front & those that forget that

Aug 17, 2016, 12:18 PM

are prey.

Note to self: Don't get between franc and the

Aug 17, 2016, 12:20 PM

salad bar.

Chad is too smart for that. The Gus ship is taking on water

Aug 17, 2016, 1:33 PM

and sinking fast while the Dabo ship just unfurled the Spinnaker. Strategically, it would be the wrong play, like booking a last minute voyage on The Titanic. Plus, Chad owes as much and probably more to Dabo for taking a chance on him and giving him the opportunity to coach such a magnificent bunch of playmakers like Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Mike Williams, etc.

Chad would have never had the Tulsa opportunity without

Aug 17, 2016, 1:40 PM

Gus, which means the Clemson offer would never have been.

I imagine Chad feels Dabo owes Chad as much if not more than Chad owes Dabo. Chad was going to get another OC job out of Tulsa and they tried to offer him the head gig.

Gus saved the man's career and I've not seen the Hallmark moment stories written of the heart-felt emotions held between Dabo & Chad, although I'm sure they talk.

It was much more a one night stand between Chad & Dabo, while Gus & Chad have sworn everlasting love.

Chad would still be an OC trying to make a name for himself

Aug 17, 2016, 2:12 PM

if he hadn't gotten access to all that NFL offensive talent that Dabo provided him. Look at Gus with limited offensive talent. Can't git er done. I'm sure Chad is noticing that too. Chad owes Dabo for the multi million dollar head coaching opportunity he has and the millions he was paid during the 4 years he spent with Dabo.

If there is one thing we know about Chad, it's that he is unblinkingly ambitious. He's not looking backwards. He's looking forward and he sees that Gus will be looking for a job while Dabo is looking for a raise.

Wouldn't surprise me if TheChad has put some feelers out about the Auburn job. It's his MO.

Not a chance, his offenses were every bit as prolific in

Aug 17, 2016, 2:15 PM

high school and at Tulsa.

He was on his way out of coaching without Gus Malzahn and he's said as much.

Chad did not need Dabo, Dabo needed Chad; Dabo just happened to be the first to come calling.

If there's a debt to be paid, it's to the man that saved your professional career and that man is Gus Malzahn.

Tulsa on theChad, 2010[and all those NFL tools]

Clemson not on theChad, 2010

theChad saved that first class for Dabo and talked Dwayne Allen into staying, then turned him into a Mackey Award winner.

Yes, Dabo owes theChad a great debt, not as much the other way around.

TheChad doesn't seem prone to emotional decision making

Aug 17, 2016, 2:37 PM

that doesn't serve his own self interests and he understands that he owes much of his success to two men - Gus Malzahn and Dabo Swinney.

Why burn bridges by taking sides?

Answer: He's not.

Nobody's burning bridges and Dabo had to fight the entirety

Aug 17, 2016, 2:59 PM

of the local & national media for ownership of Chad's offense, demanding everyone call it the Clemson offense. It happens, just as Saban called Tom Hermann, Tommy Bowden called Nick Saban and on and on...there's little doubt that if Gus were to call his long time friend, Chad would help. It happens a lot and Dabo himself has relied on other coaches to make decisions, having told the story of hiring BV many times. Even a prospective hire said, "if you can get that guy[BV], get him". These guys talk, they talk a lot; it's not burning bridges, it's business.

http://www.campusrush.com/nick-saban-tom-herman-college-football-playoff-1548334539.html

Gus is on the hot seat, if Chad has a chance to repay his friend for a good deed done, it's damn certain he will. They already talk often and continue to compare notes and share thoughts.

As for theChad and Dabo, you don't protect the golden goose by making it the highest paid in its position in the land if you don't know how important it is. Dabo owed theChad a huge debt, perhaps even his professional career and he paid him for it. Chad didn't need Dabo then and sure doesn't need Dabo now, on the other hand he will always be in Gus' debt for saving his livelihood.

There's nothing emotional about the business, but Gus' & Chad's relationship is so much more - it just is and he's given the interviews to back that up. As for emotional pleadings here, yours seems the only one as I continue to offer links & data in support and you offer feelings, which are fine if that's all you have.

But, you've got no arms!

Aug 17, 2016, 3:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

haha, that's the good stuff.***

Aug 17, 2016, 3:37 PM

Who said he spends any time talking to GM about

Aug 17, 2016, 3:42 PM

this stuff. I say NONE!

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic