Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hood: Clemson needs to embrace the moment against FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

New Story: Hood: Clemson needs to embrace the moment against FSU

Sep 14, 2014, 9:01 AM

Hood: Clemson needs to embrace the moment against FSU

Clemson's chances of winning next week at Florida St. appear to be slim, but Clemson's seniors have a chance at doing something special. Along the way, they should just enjoy the journey and embrace the moment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hood: Clemson needs to embrace the moment against FSU

Sep 14, 2014, 9:09 AM

Games are played on the Field with the heart. Media only plays in the heads of the players. Clemson players need to play with heart and shut out the sound of the media. Every time you take the field you have a chance to win. Stay focused, play 4 quarters, be prepared, no turnovers, no penalties. Clemson has the talent and ability to win they just have to DO IT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Sep 14, 2014, 10:12 AM

Let's play with a chip on our shoulder! Toughness and Pride

Sep 14, 2014, 10:22 AM

Awesome story, very timely for what I am feeling this morning. I hope they never forget to tingle. Not everybody gets to be a Clemson Tiger!

Sep 14, 2014, 9:20 AM

Offensive line Offensive line Offensive line!!!!! If it does its job we can win. If it continues to have melt downs and missed assignments when facing multiple fronts we lose and lose bad. Our defense will hold if the offense does its part!

Sep 14, 2014, 9:50 AM

You are absolutely spot on. Couldn't have said it as well myself. I just don't see how we build an offensive line in two weeks, especially with our only two tackles each
at least 30 to 35 pounds underweight. It will be a huge challenge for our coaching staff to get a full game out of our offense.

Man I am so stoked now...wow..embracing the moment..Yay!

Sep 14, 2014, 9:41 AM

Kick their a z z

Re: Man I am so stoked now...wow..embracing the moment..Yay!

Sep 14, 2014, 9:53 AM

It will take tough, smash-mouth football to upset FSU.
I'm not sure this team has that toughness.

Sep 14, 2014, 9:56 AM

Clemson has the talent to beat fsu to bad it on the bench.

Sep 14, 2014, 10:17 AM

This cannot be a ### bah ya moment....we need to punch them in the mouth like Alabama did to us a few years ago...I think the Bama coach told the team to punch us in the mouth and we would lay down...they did and we did. The positive motivation and the ### ba yah therapy sessions I suppose serve a purpose, but like Red Parker once told Jim Phillips, he needed players so mean that he had to go get them out of jail before kickoff or let them out of their cages....and that is what is missing. Also this is a telling moment for Caldwell, if our offensive line performs as bad as they did in Athens, his contribution to this team needs to be examined.

It's going to be up to, Howard, Humfries and Stoudt

Sep 14, 2014, 11:21 AM

Let's just hope the seniors can get it done. They have earned the right to play. Daybo

Sep 14, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Man I am so stoked now...wow..embracing the moment..Yay! ]

Yup. And I hope that bench gets little lighter Saturday----sooner rather than later.

Slum - let me introduce you to TOO DEEP and NASTY

Sep 14, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Man I am so stoked now...wow..embracing the moment..Yay! ]

up close in late November - coot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poosy***

Sep 14, 2014, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Man I am so stoked now...wow..embracing the moment..Yay! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 14, 2014, 12:13 PM

Great article. If offense sputters like they did in GA game, don't wait til 3 or 4 3 and outs. Man up after the first one and get the talent off the bench and make FSU have to adjust. I don't think FSU is as strong as last year, and a win at Doak is obtainable if you have a gameplan that keeps them off balance. Sub early and often with the talent we have on the side lines. This game will define the rest of the season for us and getting beat like last year won't be any type of motivator for rest of the season.

Sep 14, 2014, 1:05 PM

I hope that each one of our players will take the mindset that the player they are up against will bring their best and will themselves that they are going to bring theirs.

Sep 14, 2014, 1:36 PM

Good content and style Mr. Hood.
Great advice concerning taking it all in and not getting lost in the moment.
There is so much more going on at the same time to take in, enjoy, cherish and build memories around the total picture!

Gurley said yesterday, that USC tackled much better than

Sep 14, 2014, 1:48 PM

Clemson. The D line and linebackers (miss Shuey more than we thought) need to redeem themselves against FSU. I know they Can!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gurley said yesterday, that USC tackled much better than

Sep 14, 2014, 2:30 PM

I agree. They showed how to contain Gurley. Mindset was if he was on the field, they swarmed him and shut him pretty much down.

Sep 14, 2014, 5:59 PM

I don't think that USuC contained Gurley as much as Bobo did. He had 131 yards rushing and had a couple of big runs called back on suspect holding calls. Bobo didn't give him the ball when he needed it most and that cost UGA the game. USuC Defense had nothing to do with that.

Sep 14, 2014, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Gurley said yesterday, that USC tackled much better than ]

He is right. coots did a better job on defense than we did, and their offensive game plan and adjustments were better last night. I hope we have learned some valuable lessons and come out playing with our tails on fire from the start and until the final whistle blows. Less than that, and well, we know how that ends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2014, 3:39 PM

I agreed with your post but also believe we would've played much better and won at home as did Carolina. Huge difference playing Ga at home. I know I'm stating the obvious but no one has mentioned it.

Sep 14, 2014, 4:35 PM

> I agreed with your post but also believe we would've
> played much better and won at home as did Carolina.
> Huge difference playing Ga at home. I know I'm
> stating the obvious but no one has mentioned it.

Or if we threw it down the field more----or if Two of our best players had not been suspended... or if Watson...... This could take all night

Sep 14, 2014, 4:36 PM

I didn't mean to post on space. Sorry about that.

Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Gurley said yesterday, that USC tackled much better than ]

Usually, home field advantage is a big factor, and it probably would have made a difference for us this year vs ugay. That said, we should be in the driver's seat vs usuc this year. I still think we have work on getting the right players in the right spots, and that may include many positions. Also, our ability to adjust seems very suspect. That has to get fixed quickly, if we want to be all we are capable of being.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They certainly did in the second half for sure.

Sep 14, 2014, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Gurley said yesterday, that USC tackled much better than ]

Of course they were able to sustain drives (and score) on O. Tackles we were making in the 1st half, we were too gassed to make in the 2nd IMHO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frustrate the Noles

Sep 14, 2014, 1:51 PM

Make them earn it...

if it means, a 3-4 defense; A lot of Zone-coverage.
Bend but don't break...
But don't...don't give up the big plays.
They're going score...Ok, I get that. But it can't,
can't be on 50..60..70 yard plays.
I think the Noles will get frustrated and will probably
make mistakes, if...if they have to stay PATIENT.

For Clemson's offense.
THIS ISN'T A GAME YOU PLAY CONSERVATIVE IN.
If you have it in the play book, use it.
If you think you have a hidden gem of a player, use him.
But this is the game you let it all hang out.
Keep them guessing.

IMO.

Embrace the insanity

Sep 14, 2014, 2:31 PM

I have looked madness in the eye and it told me that we need to “embrace the insanity”.

Thanks for the pep talk. I'm confident I can beat FSU now.***

Sep 14, 2014, 2:43 PM

Re: Thanks for the pep talk. I'm confident I can beat FSU now.***

Sep 14, 2014, 4:37 PM

Lol

Among our own "voices" who already wrote us off

Sep 14, 2014, 6:34 PM

is, unfortunately, Mickey Plawler, WCCP. I was embarrassed at his statements a couple of weeks ago, which he has tempered somewhat since FSU's "weak" opening.

That aside, there are no "foregone conclusions" in college sports. Speak to Appalachian State and even many others this season, such as BC and Virginia (yesterday). And the list goes on.

Our coaches need to step their game up also, esp. Chad Morris, and I'm talking about their in-game decision making and adjustments as well as their preparation.

Lastly, FSU has taken the low road in once again scheduling an open date before this game, like last year. The problem here is they are going to pay a price later and end up with a division loss, even if they win this Sat. (read: at Louisville). It's entirely possible that several teams have one ACC loss half way through the season, and things get interesting.

Excellent story

Sep 14, 2014, 7:23 PM

Great write up! Thanks.

Have our coaches learned anything from UGa game?

Sep 14, 2014, 7:34 PM

Seems that our success in Tally depends on what coaches learned about our team in Athens. It will be a very similar game environment, probably more raucous.

Re: Have our coaches learned anything from UGa game?

Sep 14, 2014, 9:02 PM

I think part of of problem against UGA was the fact that we were only down 3 into the fourth quarter. Morris was so worried about not giving away quick points and trying to manage the terrible field position that he failed to go down field enough. I know they were bringing the house,especially late and our OL did not play well, but I think if we had been 10-14 down early in the 3rd quarter we would have had to try to play catch up. It may have made a difference. Just think we got a little too conservative managing the score.

They certainly have a chance to make a statement, although

Sep 15, 2014, 8:50 AM

they had that chance to make one at UGA and laid a 24 point beating of a turd that night. Let's hope round two goes better.

Re: They certainly have a chance to make a statement, although

Sep 15, 2014, 9:08 AM

I don't think people really know what we have as a team I say this with thus in mind, Morris admitted he called a bad game which hurt our defense, sc state we didn't show much just played allot of players so walking into this weekend with an extra week Fsu doesn't know what we realm have either. I like this setup

Loser mentality. Clemson needs to DICTATE the moment.***

Sep 15, 2014, 10:40 AM

Sep 15, 2014, 1:41 PM

SHOCK THE WORLD

Sep 15, 2014, 9:38 PM

It's only unthinkable if you don't think it! Go tigers!!

Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 PM

It's only unthinkable if you don't think it! Go tigers!!

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic