Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama self report 19 NCAA violations for 2015-16
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Alabama self report 19 NCAA violations for 2015-16

Jul 4, 2016, 12:23 AM

https://alabama.n.rivals.com/news/alabama-released-19-self-reported-violations-for-2015-16-calendar-year

The University of Alabama athletic department self reported 19 “levels 3 and 4 violations” to the NCAA during the 2015-16 academic calendar year, the school posted on its website Sunday evening.

The violations encompass 11 sports, including five against the football program, ranging from a former student-athlete providing free training to a current student-athlete, coaches having impermissible communication with prospective student-athletes including phone calls and text messages, and one incident where “a trophy was temporarily placed in an area where prospects taking an official visit would be, which resulted in an impermissible recruiting decoration of that area.”

The corrective action for the impermissible contact between members of the football staff and a prospective student-athlete called for the involved coach being prohibited from making recruiting calls for two weeks, no calls, recruiting materials, or electronic communication sent to the involved prospect for 30 days.

The incident involving a trophy being used as an “impermissible recruiting decoration” called for declaring the prospects involved ineligible until reinstated by NCAA, The gymnastics program self-reported two violations as did men’s basketball and soccer.

The corrective actions involved among all 19 violations included the athletic department providing additional rules education, restitution being paid back by involved student-athletes, limiting contact with prospective student-athletes and, in some cases, letters of admonishments for coaches (men’s basketball, gymnastics, soccer, director of CTP, women’s golf, and rowing).

The report did not provide if the violations were committed by head coaches or assistant coaches.

Reach Aaron Suttles at aaron@tidesports.com or at 205-722-0229.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many players did they play that failed the drug test

Jul 4, 2016, 3:57 AM

before the playoffs? That's what I want to know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many players did they play that failed the drug test

Jul 4, 2016, 7:22 AM

Zero

Jul 4, 2016, 7:30 AM

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Alabama-self-reports-19-secondary-NCAA-violations-46085777

Jul 4, 2016, 7:45 AM

I don't believe drug tests are secondary violations. You might want to do some further checking on your team.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 4, 2016, 7:50 AM

Can you provide a link showing where UA had players fail a drug test and played them anyway? Who were the players?

I can provide a fact at least. Per UA compliance, a player is immediately ineligible for competition if he fails an NCAA administered test.

Jul 4, 2016, 7:58 AM

Very defensive are you not? That being said even if they had players playing with failed drug test which I don't believe they did. That is no excuse. Bama took that game in the 4th quarter and I for one will not make excuses. It was a great game and we go out worked in the 4th.

if only they could appeal and have the player reinstated

Jul 4, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: How many players did they play that failed the drug test ]

until the appeal is resolved, you know, after the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 4, 2016, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: How many players did they play that failed the drug test ]

Why do I need to provide you with a #### thing.

Visitors need to use manners in other people's houses when making requests - like "PLEASE" and "THANK YOU!"

Since ######### from Alabama can't use Google - HERE!

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-attacks-ncaa-drug-testing-policies-hints-at-bad-news-for-alabama

null

Guess we'll find out in the next couple months

Jul 4, 2016, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: How many players did they play that failed the drug test ]

and if Robinson and Jones get any team discipline,
unless they weren't smoking any of the pot found
with the stolen gun in the car they were in.

http://www.rolltidebama.com/forum/index.php?threads/saban-attacks-ncaa-drug-testing-policies-hints-at-bad-news-for-alabama.365090/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess we'll find out in the next couple months

Jul 4, 2016, 8:10 AM

Tony Brown was sent home before MSU

Would not be surprised if a failed test was the reason

And I agree that testing should be handled evenly for all Bowl teams

Jul 4, 2016, 8:20 AM

This looks like Brown was sent home at pretty much the same time as your guys.

Jul 4, 2016, 8:21 AM

> This looks like Brown was sent home at pretty much
> the same time as your guys.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14468169/alabama-crimson-tide-cb-tony-brown-sent-home-violation-team-rules

Jul 4, 2016, 8:27 AM

Sounds like you are in backup mode now. Lets see who doesn't play for ALA in the first few games. I'll expect some "breaking of team rules" excuse or NO MENTION.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-attacks-ncaa-drug-testing-policies-hints-at-bad-news-for-alabama

null

Bama fans like Beer, are too ignorant to realize

Jul 4, 2016, 9:33 AM

that if players hadn't flunked the drug test ,played while under appeal ,and, at least some of them still on the team, Nikki wouldn't be crying about how unfair the whole process was and that it's too late to suspend the following season.

Bama chose to play the NGC with players that had failed the drug test ,while under appeal. Nothing wrong with working the rules laid out. I will say that all appeals should be handled in the 11 day period between games and not the 45 days allotted that allows scumbags to game the system.

Nikki and all Bama fans should just shut up now and realize, some players are gonna miss 6 games because Nikki worked the system ,now he's whining about the same system he worked.

And for you Beer, If players weren't gonna miss the first 6 games because of playoff failed drug tests,Nikki would be crying about how UNFAIR it is.

Re: Bama fans like Beer, are too ignorant to realize

Jul 4, 2016, 9:55 AM

Everything you posted was speculation and conjecture.

CNS has sent players, some important ones as well., home before NC and major bowl games for violating team rules, such as curfew

I just do not believe coach Saban play players in this game that failed a drug test. If that is the case that would be out of character with the way he has handled things before, and I w would be disappointed in the way it was handled

Re: Bama fans like Beer, are too ignorant to realize

Jul 4, 2016, 11:57 AM

We'll see how it goes. I'd personally be disappointed not with Saban or Alabama but with the NCAA if they allowed players who had flunked a drug test to play pending appeal...because, as Beer Bryant has confirmed, that isn't what the rulebook says should have happened. If Clemson sent our guys home and Alabama played with a full deck...well, that's even more unfair.

Hard to imagine the NCAA would fumble the ball that badly, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

One thing I did notice about Alabama that stood in direct contrast to Oklahoma was how disciplined Alabama's players seemed. Oklahoma woofed incessantly - on the field, on social media - and pushed, shoved, cheap-shotted, hit out of bounds, all that stuff, and drew laundry and the ire of the refs and generally showed an endemic lack of discipline - and professionalism - on their squad.

Alabama was the direct opposite. They were focused, intense, all business on the field. When a Clemson player went out of bounds on the Alabama sideline there was no talking and no attempt to intimidate or annoy; the Alabama players just stepped aside; especially in such an intense game it was actually remarkable how disciplined the Alabama players stayed. There were very few cheap shots and associated BS. They played a tight game, and they did it in between whistles. There are obviously standards at Alabama and the players are held to and adhere to them. The inference that at Alabama, you toe the line or you are gone, was pretty clear there. Oklahoma looked like a clown show in comparison.

FWIW.

Failed drug tests are not NCAA violations

Jul 4, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to How many players did they play that failed the drug test ]

If it's school administered, the school decides the punishment. If it's NCAA administered, it's a one season suspension for PEDs and hard drugs, half a season for weed.

The rumor is that Alabama had some fail an NCAA test (like maybe the guy arrested with drugs and a gun?), and appealed. For guys that are done playing, we'll never know since they won't be suspended. For others expected to play, watch for an announcement of a six game suspension. If a guy isn't going to play anyway, the suspension might be kept quiet.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The...

Jul 4, 2016, 6:02 AM

Magnificent Saabandini.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen. For my first illusion focus your attention on the 19 minor...watch the watch..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it an impermissible decoration

Jul 4, 2016, 7:48 AM

for UNCheats's AfAm Studies students to hang diplomas on their walls?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Now I want you to stay off that phone for two weeks."***

Jul 4, 2016, 8:15 AM

There will be 4-5 that have "violation of team rules."

Jul 4, 2016, 8:32 AM

They will all miss out on pounding a directional Louisiana school this year. Case closed.nothing to see here.

ANd you can bet the farm, that if Saban had sent two players

Jul 4, 2016, 9:22 AM

home, ONE OF THEM A KEY PLAYER, and Dabo had played the delay game, that ESPN would have produced a thirty minute special about it to air just prior to kickoff.....

He sent one special teams player home

Jul 4, 2016, 9:52 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic