Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament

May 22, 2016, 9:35 AM

Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament

Clemson will face a red-hot Virginia team Thursday in the ACC Tournament and will face Louisville on Friday as play gets underway this week in the 2016 ACC Baseball Tournament at Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on Tigers, make Thursday . . .

May 22, 2016, 9:45 AM

take a cavalier to school day!

Re: New Story: Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament

May 22, 2016, 9:49 AM

With the exception of all games being at 11am this sets up well for us having the extra day off first. I like our chances. Go tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2016, 10:07 AM

> With the exception of all games being at 11am this
> sets up well for us having the extra day off first. I
> like our chances. Go tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

May 22, 2016, 10:51 AM

People said that about hoops too. Posts like this are the kiss of death. If you take care of business it takes care of its self. If you dont "how well it sets up" makes no difference

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch!

May 22, 2016, 10:05 AM

That's a tough first two games!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2016, 10:46 AM

Our first two games with Virginia and louival isn't a match up for the weak. So for all of the negative folks that are always the first to talk chit about our teams regardless of the sport or the competition we face, check this out. Both Virginia and Louival are two of the top 4 teams in the ACC, and they are ranked as the top 8 team in the country according to D1baseball, and ranked as the top 13 team according to USA today top 25 coaches Pole. Win or lose, our baseball team is on the way back to becoming a top 10 team in the country again. It took a few years for us to fall out of the top 10, and it will take a few to get us back in the top 10 with the right coach. I firmly believe that Monte Lee is the right coach that will get us back to competing for the college world series championship. But rest assured there were NO favors done with the scheduling of our first match ups!!!! Goooo Tigersssss!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2016, 10:53 AM

Why are we the only team with all the 11:00'start times? The other teams' game times changed throughout the tournament. I get the NC teams having the prime time games....home cooking!

May 22, 2016, 11:00 AM

This a Tar Hole Alumna led ACC, never expect anything more from our ACC commissioner, BC it ain't happening!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament ]

Sounds like to me you are already counting the Tigers out.
We can beat UVA and L-Ville if the Tigers play good ball and give them anything.

dont give them anything

May 22, 2016, 11:04 AM

Nm

Guess 3 11 AM starts is better than a 7 PM followed by an 11***

May 22, 2016, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess 3 11 AM starts is better than a 7 PM followed by an 11***

May 22, 2016, 2:18 PM

You are right about the quick turn around from 7 to 11. Just hard as a fan to take entire day off vs half a day and leave an hour early to get to night game.

May 22, 2016, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament ]

Minimize the walks and errors and this team can beat anyone. Clemson has lost 18 times this season and about 15 of them were to Ckemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

May 22, 2016, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson takes on Virginia Thursday at ACC Baseball Tournament ]

No, I am not counting us out, but I am saying that I hope that folks don't start kicking our team if we lose. And if we do beat either of those two teams, it will be considered as we upset them. I believe we can beat them playing our best ball. I've never given up on our Tigers in 53 years, and I'm not about to start now. But we will have to play era free to beat either of them, and so will they to beat us!!! They are top 10 teams for a reason, and it's bc they have been playing some good ball!!!

Hoo?

May 22, 2016, 1:51 PM

see what I did there?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Virginia's overall record no more impressive than ours

May 22, 2016, 2:19 PM

They've had some big wins, but so have we. The Hoos dropped 2 games to N C State. They didn't play Florida State at all.

There is absolutely no reason we can't take the field for one game Thursday and beat Virginia ...

While we didn't play well at all against Louisville on the road, in a one-game neutral field match up things could be different.

And finally, we are certainly the equal of either Duke or Wake.

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic