Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greetings Tigernation from Afghanistan... Whats new?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,470

Greetings Tigernation from Afghanistan... Whats new?

Jan 12, 2013, 2:48 AM

With Georgia, FSU, and South Carolina on the schedule, is that a national championship caliber worthy schedule? And can someone fill me in on the O-line depth we have and how they graded out? Whos looking to be the starters?

Tidbit: I spoke to Dabo at the beggining of the season in camp when he invited down to meet the team while I was on leave. I cant say enough how much he raved and I observed about Chad Kelley and Hopper.

I know we are concerned about the WR situaiton. But hopper could very well be that guy. He has that elite slot potential we have missed for a long time. I know Sammy is good in the slot but the best slot receivers like Jacoby Ford, Deshawn Jackson, Lance Moore, are smaller WRs with great agility. That is Hopper in a nut shell. Plus the elite speed he has. He flew by our secondary just like Sammy or Nuke would down the field too so there is a deep threat there as well.

Kelly was even more impressive. That kid is Fast!! he gave one of the best PA fakes iver ever seen and broke a 50 yard run like it was nothing. He was motioning guys around like he had been there a year before.

Our Future QB and star WR look promising.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greetings Tigernation from Afghanistan... Whats new?

Jan 12, 2013, 3:01 AM

yeah, from what I've heard Hopper and Kelly have looked really good--their high school films were impressive too. Regarding the offensive line--our starters (and depth) should be good next year. all of the starters on the o-line come back except for Dalton Freeman (but his replacement should be either Ryan Norton or Jay Guillermo, both of whom are good). I think the starters will probably be Brandon Thomas (LT), David Beasley (LG), Ryan Norton/Jay Guillermo (OC), Tyler Shatley (RG), and either Giff Timothy, Shaq Anthony, or Isaiah Battle at LT. Assuming there aren't 3 or 4 undefeated teams at the end of next season, I would assume we would go to the national championship game if we went undefeated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awesome thanks!***

Jan 12, 2013, 3:06 AM

Jan 12, 2013, 3:20 AM

How ya doing brother?!!' First of all let me thank you and your fellow soldiers for what y'all do everyday to help keep this great country of ours free! Secondly, this schedule is no doubt NC worthy as it includes 3 top 10 teams and probably another 2 or 3 ranked opponents, I have no doubt in my mind that if we were able to run the table that we we would be in the NC game and we definitely have the skill and depth to do it. We will find out immediately when we play our arch nemisis Georgia. If we can win that game it would no doubt help propell us to a magical run towards a BCS national championship. Good luck and be safe!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I make it home in time

Jan 12, 2013, 4:31 AM

to see this miracle season come to fruition!

Partner, you saying you hope to make it home in time is a

Jan 12, 2013, 6:35 AM

soberinng thought for most of us on here. Good luck! I will endeavor to keep you and your men in my prayers until your safe return.

Jan 12, 2013, 6:23 AM

Good evening from BAF AT87. I hope that you were able to watch at least part of the great bowl game this year.

I think that we do have the strength of schedule next year to push for the title game if the SEC doesn't have 2 undefeated teams going into the conference championship game and if ND isn't once again presented with a weak schedule. That being said the game against uga will be an issue given how early it is in the season and the fact that many don't understand the rivalry anymore. That game, fsu, gatech, and usc will all be ones to pay close attention to. Traveling to upstate ny is not helpful either.

I should be home well before the season begins, hopefully you will too brother.

Jan 12, 2013, 7:16 AM

Thanks for your service. Keep your head down and get home safely and soon. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post.....

Jan 12, 2013, 7:47 AM

Thank you for your service and be safe.

Jan 12, 2013, 8:39 AM

Thankyou you your service. Stay safe over there.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,470
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic