Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greatest Clemson coach ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Greatest Clemson coach ever

Oct 11, 2018, 4:30 PM

Swinney, Penley, Wilhelm, Ibrahim, ?????
Who is your pick?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greatest Clemson coach ever

Oct 11, 2018, 4:38 PM

Dabo Swinney.

Oct 11, 2018, 4:52 PM

Without a doubt Swinney has taken this program farther than any of his predecessors

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 4:53 PM

Dat boy has become da man

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 5:00 PM

Hopefully Swinney passes Ibrahim on the number of national championships and laps him before he's done.

Can John Heisman get an honorable mention?***

Oct 11, 2018, 5:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or Ford, or Howard?***

Oct 11, 2018, 9:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Or Ford, or Howard?***

Oct 11, 2018, 10:20 PM

I love Coach Ford. The morning after we defeated Nebraska, my roommate and I were going in the team hotel as Coach Ford was leaving the hotel. We asked for a picture and another Clemson fan took a picture of Coach Ford and us. A few weeks later I walked those priceless 8 X 10's over to Jervey. The idea was to leave them with his secretary and have them autographed. I was a sophomore that year. Well again as I was asking his secretary about leaving the pictures Cosch Ford comes out of his office and notices me. He asked how he could help. He personalized the two pictures. One to my roommate and one to me. He thanked me for traveling to Miami and supporting his program. Two months later my roommate and I were choking down a cheeseburger at Macs ine Saturday afternoon. Coach Ford walks in to pick up a to go order. He loved him some Macs cheeseburgers. He noticed me and said he's you the young man I signed those pictures for. I said yes sir. He said you young fellows have a good afternoon. When we left we come to find out he paid for our lunch. I will never forget him being just a good ole boy. That he was.

Oct 11, 2018, 5:34 PM

It depends on how you define 'great'. If career contribution is part of it, I'd say Frank Howard. If Dabo were to continue coaching at Clemson for another 20+ years before retiring, he'll be right up there on that pedestal with Frank Howard.

Well, Ibrahim had two Natties.

Oct 11, 2018, 5:40 PM

But it's not apples to apples.

I'll go Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 5:51 PM

I agree with Aiken, it depends on your criteria. But those are arguably the four greatest in their respective disciplines.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CDS.***

Oct 11, 2018, 5:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just for arguments sake...

Oct 11, 2018, 6:03 PM

When you choose, remember that Coach Ibrahim was a math professor and his team began as a club, not a sanctioned NCAA sport. He was working to establish a team in a sport that no one knew or cared about.

He recruited outstanding atheletes from all over the world and built a champion from nothing. Then, because he was criticized for only playing international students, he went out and recruited the best in America and won a second.

He deserves a nod.

Re: Just for arguments sake...

Oct 11, 2018, 9:54 PM

THIS ***.

We finished top 20 for 15-20 years, and made several final fours to go with his two national championships. Plus a name ALMOST as cool as Dabo. IM Ibrahim. Don't forget he brought us Obed Ariri. Are you out there Obed?

But to answer your question, I have to go with Howard, but Dabo will surpass him. We can't overlook coach Howard's hand in IPTAY.

Larry Shyatt

Oct 11, 2018, 10:00 PM

Boy did he love Clemson ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 10:12 PM

There’s a lot of ways you can look at that and I’m sure we’re all looking at it through different angles but I would say Coach Howard. Coach Swinney will be the best to ever coach at Clemson when it’s all said and done!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic