Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great to be number one, but the CFP committee has issues...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,387

Great to be number one, but the CFP committee has issues...

Nov 4, 2015, 2:43 PM

Bama being in the top 4 is beyond absurd. The excuse for them being rated that high is the "eye test". Bama is probably one of the worst one loss teams. They have zero quality victories, and have struggled scoring all season long, other than playing against the Aggies atrocious defense. It seems the CFP has it out for the big 12 since they don't have a conference championship game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great to be number one, but the CFP committee has issues...

Nov 4, 2015, 2:47 PM

That's fine by me. Force the B12 to have a championship game. Also ignore ND until they join a conference. Then all will be right in the world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

there is no rule that a conference has to have a championship game...

Nov 4, 2015, 2:51 PM

and there is no rule requiring a team join a conference.

Re: there is no rule that a conference has to have a championship game...

Nov 4, 2015, 2:53 PM

Doesn't have to be a rule. Just ignore them until the conform. Happens all the time. Unofficially of course ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Agreed - that's their problem. Let them flip a coin

Nov 4, 2015, 4:28 PM

or draw straws to determine their champion, so long as they name one. Else they can't be included in the playoff. As for Notre Dame, if they want to rely on being one of the 2 or 3 wild-cards selected as opposed to joining a conference and being able to guarantee a playoff birth, then that's their problem. One conference or one team should not be allowed to hold everyone else hostage that way while benefitting from such selfish, logic-defying behavior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: there is no rule that a conference has to have a championship game...

Nov 4, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to there is no rule that a conference has to have a championship game... ]

There lies part of the problem. If we are talking fair across the board all teams should end up playing the same number of games. Excluding playoff games (obviously)

Nov 4, 2015, 2:52 PM

If they r truly wrongly ranked, lsu will expose them in 3 days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2015, 3:25 PM

Unless of course LSU is wrongly ranked and FL is ranked about right.... Those 3 teams could arguably be top 15 teams but not 2 out of 3 top four teams.

Why is LSU #2? They beat #10 FL at home by 7 and #20 Miss St on the road by 2.
Why is FL #10? They beat #18 Ole Miss by 28 at home, but lost to #2 LSU on the road by 7 (arguably they win at home).
Why is Bama #4? They beat #19 Texas A&M by 18 on the road, but lost to #18 Ole Miss at home by 6.

Meanwhile:

#20 Miss St hasn't beaten anyone of substance.
#19 Texas A&M has only beaten #20 Miss St.
#18 Ole Miss beat #4 Alabama and #19 Texas A&M and lost to #10 FL and #13 Memphis

Based on that alone, it looks like LSU could be about 8, with FL staying about 10, Alabama at 14 (I give Bama some credit that the Ole Miss game was a lot of flukey plays).

This leaves Ole Miss, Tex A&M, and Miss St where there at.... but arguments could be made that they are too high.

This year in particular not much separates 9 from 14 (maybe a few points on a neutral). This year LSU plays Bama at Bama.... that could negate that skill differential, but of course either way, it will either be billed as LSU is a powerhouse (blowout of Bama), Bama is a powerhouse that lost on a fluke to Ole Miss (Bama blows out LSU), or both teams are top 5 quality teams (close game). My guess is Bama wins or loses by 3. In no case does it lend credence to either of those team as powerhouses, but the narrative will be that both teams are top teams.

Nov 4, 2015, 3:27 PM

Well done sir.

null

Nov 4, 2015, 2:55 PM

I dont think they have it out for the Big XII the Big XII just hasnt played anyone yet. All their schedules are back loaded.

November will make or break the Big XIIs chances at the playoff. All their big teams play each other coming up.

Nice sig btw. Awesome that you stepped up as the leader of the RAG and disbanded it.

null

Agree.. but that is also the bad part for us. Wake, Syr, and Scar

Nov 4, 2015, 3:43 PM

is a bad way to finish for us. I take solace in Long saying how solid we are on both sides of the ball. That, not our SOS, will be our saving grace. In other words, we are going to have to win pretty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Again, anything short of an 8-team playoff that

Nov 4, 2015, 4:15 PM

automatically includes power 5 conference champs and no more than 2 teams from any one conference is fatally flawed and an exercise in absurdity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree***

Nov 4, 2015, 4:59 PM

WL

They beat Tenn. Tenn is supposed to be good this year***

Nov 4, 2015, 4:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UcheaT was supposed to be good for the past 5 years.

Nov 4, 2015, 4:22 PM

So was Arkansas, UGA, Missouri and a couple others. I promise they will all be ranked in next year's preseason polls again. That means they are good, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2015, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2015, 4:46 PM

It will all play out in the next few weeks

Blowout over UGA in Athens is a good win***

Nov 4, 2015, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,387
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic