Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link)

May 7, 2016, 10:46 PM

Jayron Kearse: guy actually did not have a single bust.

The kick return for a td, he was in place filling his gap. Tank crashed down too far inside, essentially causing both players only to be able to fill 1 gap.

OJ Howard swing td, he was also in place. Was there to make the tackle had Baker played the outside like he was supposed to. Instead, OJ got the corner and Kearse got caught up in traffic.

OJ Howard wheel route deep TD. Bama lined up in a funky formation with 2 guys next to each other split way wide to the far side of the field (right near the sideline). Green simply didn't recognize there were two guys stacked wide. Completely busted coverage on Green (and high-tempo, not allow much time to adjust).

Henry, long TD run. Kearse brought into the box, up near the line of scrimmage (opposite the side of the run play). Again, we had two guys filling one gap, busted run support. Touchdown (great effort by Kearse to almost make the tackle).

Muschamp was actually complimentary of Clemson, and Deshaun. Started to sweat a bit at the end when he realized who all was coming back, and how well we played.

2 pass interferences vs our WRsin the endzone went uncalled in the endzone, and changed the game.

Also, we got a first down before the half and the refs didn't stop the clock. Dabo had to burn a timeout and we lost 3 second on top of that. Were forced to kick a FG (that was blocked), instead of having another pass play to the sideline (and run) before using the timeout and kicking a chipshot or putting up 7.

Some pretty interesting point of views from Fedora, McIllwain, Nadarzzi, Muschamp, Griese and USF Coach from coaches - but the chode bama homer sitting in the back right dismissing everything good we did in the first half was almost unbearable.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/P3utgPhUUhM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since there is now a playoff I think we can take Mythical

May 8, 2016, 1:10 PM

Out of the National Championship.

Otherwise solid post

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Since there is now a playoff I think we can take Mythical

May 9, 2016, 3:38 PM

I totally misread your post gville, my apologies

Re: Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link)

May 8, 2016, 1:17 PM

^^^this is tigernet lol

Make a statement backed up by something you have just watched, back it up with facts, then someone shoots it down with meaningless sarcastic bullsh!t.

And since the majority of tigernet has already blamed the busts and the loss on Jayron, it's obviously right. (BTW, when you get on this board, the majority of the time the consensus opinion is 100% wrong)

May 8, 2016, 1:24 PM

Facts?? Like the one that says you're 95% only involved in a topic that has something to do with or mentions Kearse...
http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=126088

May 8, 2016, 1:26 PM

Great catch there, good work lol

May 8, 2016, 1:47 PM

Just keep in mind while you are working SO hard to defend the guy like there is something personal in it, it's not just "Tigernet" that has those views on Kearse's play:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/breaking-down-ds-jayron-kearse-and-dc-kendall-fuller/
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4039896-jayron-kearse/
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/134354/jayron-kearse

..and not all of Tigernet feels the same, but everyone is entitled to their views.

May 8, 2016, 2:11 PM

I'm working so hard to defend a kid that played his ### for clemson, you have never done #### for Clemson. And never will. Jayron will walk back on campus and be welcomed with open arms because he will be an NFL player and a former clemson player that was a first team all american and led the Tigers to an ACC championship and national championship berth. He used clemson for what he was suppose to use clemson for, a springboard to the NFL

But please, let it keep bothering you lol

May 8, 2016, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link) ]

Why does it bother you so bad that someone is defending a clemson player?

Coot

May 8, 2016, 2:22 PM

Coot? I'm a Clemson Alumni (Class of 2001)....unlike you obviously. I've paid more to that school for my education than he even did (as a scholarship player)...FACT!!!

May 8, 2016, 2:39 PM

You were saying....Coot??

May 8, 2016, 6:26 PM

Cool picture.

So ur saying that Jayron is somehow less a part of the team? Fill me in on why defending Jayron is different than any other player.

Didn't know I had a follower. I've had people bring up stuff I said before, but giving a percentage of what my posts are about? That's new.

You might have gave more money, but Jayron MADE the school wayyyyyyyy more than you could ever think of. They paid for his school because of the profit he would bring in return. You probably weren't a business major since you jumped to talking about how much money you PAID Clemson...

I just have a respect for the hard work these young men put in every day when it comes to the weight room, film room, practice fields, etc. So it upsets me when someone talks about how they think they could have done something better or that they were bad, when the majority of the time they don't know what they are watching, don't know the coverages, assignments, etc. Plus if the person criticizing Jayron would step out from behind the screen and try to talk about football, nobody would take them seriously.

Jayron was a part of a very good defense. He will be remembered and loved for as long as he comes back to clemson and as he is shining in the NFL. I want that for him as a Clemson fan, just like every other student athlete at Clemson

Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up

May 8, 2016, 6:56 PM

Played a solid game, and should be remembered for all the great Clemson football memories he majorly helped build.

There was literally nothing more he could've done to help us win that Alabama game.

Haven't studied film of other performances, but that loss was the exact opposite of attributable to his performance, unlike the incorrect and popular belief held by some Clemson fans.

Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up

May 8, 2016, 9:47 PM

I just don't understand what runs through some people's mind, especially behind a keyboard of an anonymous name

Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up

May 9, 2016, 9:53 AM

I'll just let you read this...so you can get an idea. Keep believing he wasn't the target on that onside kick...I don't think the rest of the world is agreeing with you two considering the write ups done on it (outside Tigernet by non-Clemson fans, btw), but oh well.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/alabama-onside-kick-clemson-national-championship

"They also noticed that Clemson safety Jayron Kearse had a tendency to turn and run back before the ball was kicked. He would be the target."

http://columbiadailyherald.com/sports/college/saban-tide-saved-special-teams-plays

May 9, 2016, 1:30 PM

Wow, keep telling yourself you have nothing against Jayron. And please, show me once where the players had anything bad to say about Jayron. I dare you lol

Idk who you are, I have no reason to look at your post history. You jumped on something I commented on and said that 95% of my stuff was about Kearse you little stalker.

It sucks to be wrong over and over again, but you are doing a great job of it. Jayron Kearse isn't even on kickoff return. The number 1 on kickoff return is Trevion Thompson. He plays WR, since you don't know much about the football team.

I think everyone has already agreed with me lol I just like coming back to dig at you a little more

May 9, 2016, 1:49 PM

For the record, you can easily look at your post history and see tons of the posts you reply to involve something about kearse...don't even have to go into them. Takes all of 5 seconds to see that. ^_^

And I don't jhave a thing against Jayron...thought he was a good player actually...had a few busted plays here and there, but he's not the only player on the team that did. I do agree though rthat his effort did seem more lacking after the GT game....and I do believe players have also been stating something similar, so it's not like that feeling couldn't have some merit. After all, he did in fact leave early...to end up 7th round. Any reason you see he slipped that far down??

And you have to be dumb to not know what kickoff team he was a part of...he's the guy that was the closest to the ball on the Bama's kickoff...the one they exploited and the play they recovered that many say was one of the two special teams plays that cost Clemson the game...or, is there another guy wearing #1 out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-iEsfL4Qk

Let's not let facts get in the way though....

May 9, 2016, 1:55 PM

nm...looks like it was Thompson, not Kearse on that play...still though...doesn't still mean the rest of his season's question marks aren't still valid...

May 9, 2016, 1:58 PM

Hahahahahaha too stupid to know the players on the team

May 9, 2016, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Let's not let facts get in the way...hahaha

Its really too easy..

May 9, 2016, 2:07 PM

Serious...both wear #1, Kearse is the one on defense...and the one vast majority of write ups even said it was, so it's not like I had the need to go look up dead on....I had to focus up when they went off the sideline to know which it was, after seeing your post...my God you are insufferable.

Oh, btw:

May 9, 2016, 2:17 PM

Glad though you proved to me who it was on one play on the kickoff..now I know..how about the one where UNC walked in the end zone in the ACC Championship to get to their onside kick controversy?

Is that Thompson too that missed #13?? (2:44:38)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xpXmsKWq8k

May 9, 2016, 2:36 PM

Just in the light the furthering of our own fans not crucifying one of our own, and again, I didn't study any of his other second half performances, but I do know this - we were still undefeated after the ACC title game and the no. 1 overall seed in the playoff. So, even if the effort wasn't there, which I'm not in a position to claim right now, it didn't cost us a thing in the second half of the season.

May 9, 2016, 2:46 PM

Special teams didn't cost us anything in the first or later half either....until the Championship. Just a point. Why try the "in light of not crucifying" while also saying "I haven't nor plan to look at all evidence"...It cost 7 points in the above game didn't it?

Again, I'm not trying to single out anyone...I'm just showing that the concern some said has some vilidity, and you should quit whining about people voicing it. Every player on the team I'm sure has had busted plays...the kicker (we all know that one)...a WR...a RB...a QB... Just think it's funny you guys have issues with people voicing what they think or feel, and bash an entire board about their view like they are all idiots ("it's a Tigernet thing...really, are we 12?)

Several of the issues most mention on Jayron actually surrounds wondering whether there was some unsaid issues (family, injury, etc) that was affecting what they felt they were seeing in his play....not many really ever bashed the guy or acted like he wasn't good. Most were curious why he wasn't looking like the same Jayron that ran a guy down 70+ yards and looked like he put everything in a play, even if he wasn't the one to bust the coverage. Not sure why you have an issue with people discussing it. IN the end, no kid, no player is perfect...everyone has something that can be criticized, and criticism can lead to improvement. If you are scared to admit faults, you might as well hang your hat and think you are God, till someone knocks you off your pedestal.

May 9, 2016, 3:02 PM

If he cost us the National Championship because of a lack of effort, like I originally thought he did upon watching the game live, I would have a very hard time supporting his NFL career or welcoming him back to Clemson (I did originally feel that way).

But I just can't be against him at this point, after watching this view of the game (better camera angles and informed play breakdowns).

And I honestly feel for him because of other still feeling the same way I did, but his not costing us a single game the entire season, or a no. 1 seed for an ugly performance.

Simply not a good look for a loving family community such as Clemson, to crucify one of it's own. Especially on an uninformed basis, lacking full perspective of his full career (and not costing us a game in a magical 2016 seaaon) and the success he helped us earn on the field starting his true frosh year.

The criticism is he wasn't as much of a baller in 15 as he was in 14. Didn't cost us a thing in 15. So not understanding.the hate, unless it's uninformed (like mine was), and just trying to help fix that and give us a better look for croots moving forward - more in line with the family love and passion that is Clemson.

May 9, 2016, 4:34 PM

Just keep in mind, you are watching a game of him in the biggest game of his life, on the biggest stage of them all. That's like saying Clowney didn't take a year off because he hammered a guy in the Michigan bowl game and played good that game....but at a bigger scale for Kearse. Obviously, that's not saying "he took a year off"....but what it is saying is wouldn't you expect that on the biggest game, his effort would look at its best?

I mean, after all, what's the game you'd expect he'd feel Scouts will likely look at first, or weigh the biggest? Which game do you think he'd feel has the most weight as far as the upcoming draft? A game vs BC, or the National Championship?

Weighing his effort based on 1 game of 15 is honestly looking it it with one eye shut and the other nearly closed...after all, if you look at several reports that came out about the NFL Scouts, many of them state that they thought higher of him, but as they looked at more film, they started seeing much more inconsistency than they had previous on quick reviews (which likely started with that NC game). There something that can be said by looking at a larger sample set than just one.

May 9, 2016, 5:09 PM

I honestly don't care what NFL scouts gathered by visiting our Clemson boards for a more complete look into his character, or the player they "think" he's going to be in the NFL. Just want him to be more than welcomed back to Clemson with open arms, because he certainly helped forward this program.

For the record, I think he's now pissed off enough to make the Vikings roster and contribute in a big way.

But, you're right. BC game probz cost him 4 rounds. He's the worst thing to happen to Clemson since swofford. Good riddance? ;)

May 9, 2016, 5:14 PM

Exactly right! He's gone! Have fun watching him make money to play football! Cause he'll be doing it for a long time, and he'll be another clemson player making highlights on Sundays for a long time! Unless he has a game on Thursday night hahahahaha

Great point manly dude

May 9, 2016, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Wow..you guys really must have some personal interest in the guy...the extremes you look at simple opinions, which are very vast and more than one person has them. My lord. Sorry not everyone puts players on "God" pedestals acting like because they played a game means bow down at them and not loko for ways they person can improve...and can critique things subjectively with open minds.

You just went to exteme lengths to attack a Clemson football player.

May 9, 2016, 5:29 PM

For his effort. I backed up with facts that his effort was solid and mentally astute in the Title game, and didn't cost us a regular season game. You proceeded to bash said player, as if those reasons weren't enough for you to stop crucifying a guy who helped advance Clemson's football program throughout his entire career. And refuse to stop. And you keep beinging up "God" in the most gamecock of ways, and it just doesn't really make.a whole lot of sense, other than now labeling you a gamecock who c&p'd someone else's Clemson ring after a google image search of the aforementioned.

Have you actually watched the link I provided?

May 9, 2016, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

I'm thinking Green's tweet had more to do with him feeling bad about his 3 blown coverages costing us the national championship game, while he remained silent and let his bud Jayron sit there and take the heat for it until the 7th round of the NFL draft with him still on the board - than anything else.

May 9, 2016, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Lol I love that you are going out of the way to look up stuff that Jayron did wrong. Says alot about you coot.

You have yet to provide where the players talked bad about Jayron. Still waiting.

You are like 0-4 on points made in this thread. Give up dude, let these other pathetic ### people speak for you

May 9, 2016, 2:38 PM

You should refrain from calling anyone else pathetic.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 9, 2016, 2:45 PM

I really do like it that yall know who I am, and I have no clue who any of you are....

But I just call it like it is. I'm defending a clemson player who was a first team all american and who played nearly every snap of the season, who Brent Venables sent on the field every series, who that defense loved to play with.

It is pathetic. People who couldn't even play a varsity sport or dream of playing a college sport criticizing a player that played his ### off all season. See my earlier post for how pathetic it really is.

You have every right to speak your mind. You can say "I wish Jayron would have been replaced. I wish we had someone better that our defensive coordinator believed in enough to bench Jayron." But to say he quit, to say the other players and coaches were calling him out and talking about him, that's too far. To try to give any coaching advice or critique him, is wayyyyyyyy too far.

Jayron played his ### off for the team you pull for. Jayron worked his ### off in the weight room for the team you pull for. Jayron spent many hours training his body and mind for that magnificent season Clemson just finished with.

You do nothing but talk ####. See why I have a problem with it?

May 9, 2016, 2:53 PM

You take opinions extremely harsh for having absolutely no tie to anyone to have this "edgy" attitude about how people view a player, especially on one single board, when you can see the same things said about the very same guy on various NFL boards. People have an opinion...get over it.

May 9, 2016, 3:05 PM

I admit I'm wrong all the time, but I have to actually be wrong for that to happen. If I would have came on here with a low pulse and said anything negative about a clemson player I would be bashed.

You have a high pulse, and you jumped on and said the same thing that others on the board were saying. You don't have your own opinion, you are one of the ones who comes on here to agree with everybody and seem like you fit in or something. You're right, we're not 12, for your own opinions.

I've defended Joey Batson, Larry Greenlee, Paul Hogan and Adam Smothers an numerous times on this board. I defended Jack Leggett last year, and I defended Monte when times got hard. I defended all of the players who decided to leave early and start their own lives, when many on this board didn't know there was life after Clemson football.

Been a clemson fan my entire life. Just don't have to come on a message board and agree with everybody to try to fit in and get ppl to agree with me. I know what these players go through from the time the season is over, to killing their self in the summer time at 5:00 am in the morning, and skills and drills, and practice, all in some crazy ### heat. They do it because they are chasing a dream, so for you to come on here and trash them and what they are doing because you think someone didn't give their best effort, just doesn't sit well with me.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes going through what these boys do. Like I have said many times before, just show up on Saturday and yell "Go Tigers". That's as far as you go

May 9, 2016, 3:13 PM

I said it but I also showed a play that backed it up...I've also numerous accounts posted you links of other NFL boards that also have mentioned the same concern...interesting. I could show more plays, but then I have to hear the childish rhetoric of you then bashing me for taking the time to look it up (which you've already done)...interesting how you contradict yourself...so, you want to tell me I'm wrong, but don't want me to show the evidence of it. Gotcha. You're motive is simply bash someone, no matter what they do. And that's why you're not worth me bothering with it anymore. Have fun.

May 9, 2016, 3:21 PM

You have provided links to the TIGERNET MESSAGE BOARDS EVERY TIME YOU PUT UP A LINK.

Idk if you really are that stupid or don't have a clue about sports, but linking articles from Tigernet over and over again is not from "various NFL sites".

I always win at the end and get a satisfaction of being right, but I'm not gonna get that this time. I really feel sorry for you, you just are clueless.

Should really tell you something when all the ones backing you up start to go away after you keep saying dumb ####.

May 9, 2016, 4:16 PM

Buffalo Bills...
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?526832-How-do-you-guys-feel-about-Jayron-Kearse

some excerpt opinions...
"Gamgly thin, slow, his spoed is limited to a straight line, lacks any coverage skills, takes plays off, lacks commitment tackling in the box (likely because he is afraid of contact from rather large rbs see his frame), so no I would stay away from someone like this thats sole purpose is to get drafted and likely have a mediocre career at best. "

"He's played within himself this year, limiting his play-making ability"

Atlanta Falcons (which I previously posted):
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4039896-jayron-kearse/

some excerpt opinions....
"He plays incredibly soft and takes plays off. I haven't liked what I've seen but if he fell to the 4th I guess he has the potential to take a chance on. I honestly like Killebrew better. "

"Kearse was playing not to get hurt by the look of things. If he fell to day three then j would take him and hope the experience motivated him. "

MFL Mocks:
http://nflmocks.com/2016/01/17/jayron-kearse-ss-clemson-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

"He plays timid and has a bad habit of coasting on plays. One play he is giving maximum effort and on the next play he is just running through the motions. Takes too many poor angles when going in for the tackle, which results in big “chunk” plays for the offense."

Another Buffalo Bills:
http://buildingtheherd.com/scout-team/nfl-draft/2016-nfl-draft-is-clemson-s-jayron-kearse-a-fit-for-buffalo-bills/

"However, there are too many times where he’s reluctant to take on blockers and will look uninterested in getting involved in the action—often times “waiting” for the play to come to him, rather than look to make a play. Additionally, he regularly takes poor angles to the running back, resulting in missed tackles and unnecessary extra yardage gained."

"Jayron Kearse is an intriguing player due to his size and potential, but when watching him, there isn’t much that really stands out and makes you see a defensive force like a Kam Chancellor. He’s a stiff athlete, so he’ll be limited in what he can do schematically and it seems like he doesn’t give 100% effort on every down."

Walter Camp:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016S.php
"Some teams said they had him as a mid-rounder, but teams feel that Kearse was inconsistent. They soured on his play over time."

That enough? Let me guess...now you'll come in and bash about me taking the effort to look it up...again. Another "prove it" then bash someone post again?

May 9, 2016, 5:07 PM

I forgot the Buffalo Bills and Atlanta Falcons played for and coached Clemson, my bad. Only thing you have stuck to is clemson coaches calling him out, but have failed to produce a credible source for anything you have said

Those ppl are paid hundreds of thousands to evaluate players and make the right decisions. They have experience playing the game, being around great coaches, etc. I have no problem with their evaluations. But coming from you, I have a probelm...

May 9, 2016, 5:22 PM

I really could care LESS if you have a problem...it's my right to post and say what I want and feel what I want and read what I want...you don't like it, oh well. All I've done is showed what OTHERS think of him...you're the one assuming that's how I feel...Insignificant little ol' problem you have with me relaying opinion info that's public and out there is the last of my worries.

May 9, 2016, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

So you have a problem with him saying exactly what these NFL scouts are saying? And you think you're making him look stupid?

It doesn't take a NFL scout that has been in the game of football for years and gets paid a lot of money to evaluate players to realize what everybody has been saying about kearse. These scouts are only proving everybody right, except you. Wake up.

May 9, 2016, 5:58 PM

Scouts are proving everybody right? I guess I missed his first game....

I forgot that only good football players are drafted in the first round or two.....

It kills me that this dude that started this post provided evidence of Kearse not being responsible for busts. Showed actual coaches talking about how Kearse was not responsible for the busts. Couple random guys throw out articles about kearse, and everybody jumped on the wagon...if everybody is saying it, it must be right. Right?

It's hard to explain why I have such an appreciation for what these young men go through. If you ever played a competitive sport past rec league and were involved with a true strength and conditioning program you might would understand.

I hope Dabo is reading all of these messages, understanding that Jayron is the reason we lost the game, fires Venables for his lack of knowledge and lack of reading the message boards to know how bad the all american Kearse was, and comes and hires some of you. Get you out from behind this computer screen.

I wish I could see some of you talk football to Jayron, Venables, or anybody else involved with football. That would be worth recording hahahaha

May 9, 2016, 6:58 PM

Wow, another masterful job of dancing around the actual issue. Nobody said he is responsible for losing a game. Nobody is saying they know more than venables. And you aren't special because you appreciate what these guys go through. Everybody does. Do you think you know more about these players than we do? You're just an opinion behind a keyboard just like everybody you think youre better than.

The point that you have done such a wonderful job avoiding is kearse could have been a first round draft pick, but played his way out of that because he took plays off and was afraid of contact at times. This is no secret, so why are you trying to hide it like one? Multiple scouts have said this, and even if they didn't it's obvious they share that opinion being he barely was drafted. You keep saying he's gonna be playing in the NFL for years but he hasn't even made a team yet. He is just as likely to get cut. That's the disadvantage of getting drafted in the seventh round when the first two rounds guarantees you a spot on the team.

Everyone wants jayron to make the team and have a ten year career, but he has to go out and play much better than he did the last half of this year. Are you going to argue that also? It would seem so because you are arguing with everyone about something that's as obvious as your stupidity.

May 9, 2016, 8:36 PM

I don't really believe my opinion is better than everybody's per say, there are lots of people that I respect. When I read clueless blabbering about a player, it's just irritates the cap out of me. It shouldn't, I know, because seeing the person in person would make me laugh really hard. But it just does. I'm sorry for that.

I also understand that the majority of people appreciate what the players do, but I would say 60% have NO IDEA what they do, probably you included. If you had to go through a whole day of what they do, in your prime and best possible shape of your life, you would need a week to recover. I know you are still entitled to your opinion, it just looks so stupid because it almost seems like you think you could do it better? Or coach it better? Or see something someone else hasn't noticed? Idk, just irks me.

As far as being a first round pick and all that, that's the chance you take. Maybe he did play his way out of being drafted higher, but you watching a replay of some very athletic and ridiculously fast athletes in slow motion doesn't do justice to what is going on down on the fied. I just don't think it's fair for you to judge his effort and everything. Maybe he was playing with an injury, maybe he took a bad angle on a play, maybe he misjudged someone's speed, who knows. But I know something 100%, you dont. I dont.

Hell maybe he just got worse at football. But to question somebody's effort and all of that when you don't know #### (BTW when I say you don't know ####, I'm not saying that I do, I'm just stating that you dont), it just looks stupid. I know it's a message board, but to me, it's just about respect.

For people that always ##### about clemson being disrespected, clemson fans sure do it alot. I shouldn't have even given the time for a response, but just doesn't make sense to me ho you can come off of the season that just happened, have kids moving on to the NFL from that team, whether it was where you think they should have been drafted or whether you think they should have came back and played football for free, they are living a dream. Who the #### you think you are to judge anything they do?

May 9, 2016, 9:16 PM

Who the hell do you think you are to judge what anyone has an opinion on? I guess you aren't quite getting yet that I never said I felt that way...and the entire time, I have been basically stating YOU have no right to clump everyone into an entire "everyone on Tigernet is an idiot and feels that way" motive just because YOU wanna praise him. You think he played good all year, then you do...people think he didn't, than sorry for you or if it hurts your sensitive feelings, but they are going to no matter what you feel it is or does or whatever.

Not one person has shown ANY disrespect about him in this. The only disrespect that has been dealt was from you, honestly. And if you think pointing out a player's short comings during a season (that people NATION WIDE have wrote about the Scouts mentioning to them they saw, things that were mentioned in mock drafts) is disrespecting him, than obviously you weren't one either made to take the road they do anymore than the people you are calling out. I could care less what you were in the past...criticism happens in all walks of life. I don't give a crap if it's college ball, NFL, coaching...or everyday white collar jobs, or even friendships and marriage. If you can't take criticism and build from it, you have issues. Criticism is not disrespecting, it's having a perception from what was shown and discussing it. In the end, it is that player that showed what the people are perceiving. If there is such an issue with the perception you get from your decisions or actions, then change the perception by changing what made them perceive it. You can't change what a person thinks...you can change how you react to it and how you improve the perception.

May 9, 2016, 9:27 PM

And I'm sure the criticism from NFL coaches and college coaches will be listened to. Prolly not from Tigernet tho..

May 9, 2016, 10:09 PM

Sure...if they ever called players out direct in post game interviews...or do you recall Venables or Swinney directly throwing a player under the bus to the media? Don't think Mike Reed does many interviews...but what do I know. I'm just a little peon Tigernet like all the Tigernets on here.

I do recall them talking about secondary players being out of position, some busted plays, some terrible plays, and things they had to work on...and if you watched the same game, you knew who they were talking about. So without saying the name (which they don't do to media), they were criticizing plays themselves there....or did I miss something about it being criticism to say when they didn't play good in some games? Oh sorry...they said they didn't play good...crap, the coaches just disrespected the entire team.

May 10, 2016, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Good Lord you are literally too stupid to have a conversation with. You just rufuse to acknowledge the true issue. It's pretty hilarious that you think I have no clue what these guys go through and have never played a sport because I agree with what NFL scouts have said about jayron. But according to you because I said it it's "clueless babbering". When they say it it's because they are paid to. Yeah, that makes lots of sense.

And when did I or anyone say they could do it better, coach it better or notice something the coaches haven't? Umm, never. Another delusional piece of your ridiculous argument. If I point out the sky is blue does that mean it should be a different color or that i could have created it better? Don't answer, you would probably say so. Once again, it is very obvious and no secret that jayrons play dropped off dramatically. Why can't you figure this out? Nobody is saying anything that they have to be a football coach to understand. Just because someone is an opinion behind a keyboard doesn't mean they can't be right about somethings.

And about you laughing if you saw one of us in real life, just by the fact of you saying that likely proves you were the one getting laughed at throughout your life. Anyone who can sit behind the safety of a keyboard and say stuff like that is someone who can't get respect in real life so they try to get it on the internet. But keep trying amigo, maybe you will get that respect someday.

May 9, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Get off your high horse you spent a ton of time attacking our basketball coach and players.

May 9, 2016, 3:47 PM

Really? Show me.

Shouldn't have said that, you have probably been reading all my posts all day (I'm blushing)

NFLU

May 9, 2016, 3:59 PM

For the love of God give it a rest. Stop acting like a #### head middle schooler.
Even if you were 100% right you're not gonna gain any supporters acting like a tool.

You're never wrong for supporting a clemson player.
You are ignoring the fact he dropped all the way to the 7th round, lending credence to the opinion kearse didn't play as well as we all thought he was capable of at the end of his college career.

Now please shut the #### up and never make a thread/post about kearse ever again...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFLU

May 9, 2016, 5:10 PM

Promise you I'm not looking go for fiends or anyone to support me

I'm here to help these internet coaches and scouts understand how stupid they look. Im doing a #### good job today hahaha

May 10, 2016, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

I dont know who you are and quite frankly dont care.

May 9, 2016, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

NFLU wants to suck Jayron's #### so he makes a thread.
Other people don't want to suck Jayron's #### and comment they think he played below his potential the second half of 2015.
NFLU is upset other people don't want to suck Jayron's #### and continues to post obsessively about how great sucking Jayron's #### would be...
Thread immediately devolves into bickering about the pros and cons of sucking Jayron's ####...

NFLU. Dood. I get it. You have a hard on for Jayron and got upset when people bashed him towards the end of the year. That's fine, good even. Thanks for standing up for the players, but give it a ####### rest.
I'm pretty sure 99% of tigernet is sick and tired of reading your dozens of threads insulting clemson fans, all in the name of a player whose performance tailed off at the end of the year enough to go from an early round draft pick to one of the last draft picks.
You're not wrong, neither are the fans that thought he didn't play that well to end the year. You're just way more annoying.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Watch at about 50 seconds and tell me that doesn't say Thompson on the back of that jersey hahaha "or is there another guy wearing 1 out there??" Hahaha I was kidding at first, but #### coot, you too dumb to know the team?

And since you seem to think that the players were talking about Kearse, PLEASE show me one time where it happened. It can be a back up, a water boy, just not from someone like you who has nothing to do with the program and don't even know the players on the team hahahaha

May 9, 2016, 2:36 PM

oh, and sorry...it was the coaches that supposedly said it...sorry, can't give you your water boy. Coach will have to do for now. My bad...guess you can see some one else even discuss it in this topic, which shows I wouldn't be making this up...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=19367124

Guess you missed where that came out right around the draft...that we all watch him slip to 7th. There was even an interview done with a guy that was saying "it wasn't true" but interesting, just so happened to be someone who had a personal connection with Jayron. That's like asking Bill Clinton what he thinks of Hillary...

May 9, 2016, 2:39 PM

I don't thi k you fully understand this whole thing...

You don't go to the message boards to get a quote. Those people are just like you, clueless about sports and make #### up to try to spark a conversation. You actually go to a report where there is a quote from the actual person.

I'll be around for a while if you have any other questions. This is really getting embarrassing for you....

May 9, 2016, 3:08 PM

Not really....you still haven't exactly proven much yourself, beyond one play....oooohhhh...I'm so scared. I'm also sure there's no other boards all around saying the same concerns, are there? Just stays on one...there's no teams up north in the NFL that say the concerns....none down south...

So, how exactly does the view then get there? Please...by all means. Of course people refer to a board when it is a board they read that some of the issue that may have happened surrounding the draft had to do with the coaches. Here's a trick...did or did not an interview come out with Green (his roommate) also addressing it?? Why would Green mantion something that "didn't happen"...

Any insight on what it was that got out then , since I'm wrong?

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Frisky-Colt-TJ-Green-talks-draft-Kearse-14800

May 9, 2016, 3:18 PM

You really are that guy that tried to fit in and be cool with everybody. You are talking in circles, you are making no sense and have yet to make one point that actually sticks.

TJ Green put on twitter that someone was saying stuff about Jayron Kearse in the draft process that wasn't true. As I remember, Sammy Watkins and Bashaud Breeland commented on the story and said it was messed up that someone would throw Jayron under the bus and they thought everyone was "All In".

Is this the #### that you are referring to that is going against your arguement? I really hope not.

Btw, you suck at this

May 9, 2016, 3:27 PM

I'm talking circles? Aren't you now naming players that are mentioning someone threw him under the bus...thought they were qall in....wouldn't that then say exactly what I said?

Have fun with your name calling...you obviously were the bully with the tiny jock strap.

May 9, 2016, 3:33 PM

Try to catch up. I'm gonna go really slow.

TJ Green put on twitter that someone was throwing Jayron Kearse under the bus.

As a result, TJ Green was mad at whoever this came from, not mad at Jayron.

Sammy commented on it, saying it is messed up that someone threw Jayron under the bus. Breeland did the same thing.

You get it now?

They were defending Kearse.

And hell no, my jock strap was medium

May 9, 2016, 3:37 PM

right....now for your slow a$$...

Who

was

the

one

you

mention

they

were

mad

at

???

Thought you were saying earlier that no one said anything...now you are saying someone did?

Haven't explained that yet....I mentioned it was either player or coach...actually showed where others had discussed it might have been one of the coaches.

May 9, 2016, 3:39 PM

Do you know? Or are you going to link another thread on a message board?

May 9, 2016, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Here, let me help a bit here....for Sammy and TJ to defend Kearse, someone had to say something, right? So guess I was right that someone threw him under the bus and was saying stuff about his play and ethic to the NFL Scouts...and you are helping me prove it with your own mentioning of players coming to his defense on the matter. Thanks. Glad I'm not good at this...would be much harder without your help. ^_^

May 9, 2016, 3:46 PM

So because one coach said that, that makes you right? All the other players come to his defense, all the other coaches, one anonymous source said some ######## and now you think that makes you right?

I can show you where all these players come to his defense. You have yet to show me where someone affiliated with Clemson had something bad to say about Kearse.

The same scouts that are criticized for giving clemson players bad grades are now being praised for giving Kearse a bad one? You see why I can't take you seriously?

May 9, 2016, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

Promise you it wasn't a player. They are way closer than that, they know the grind they go through to play a full season and what they go through daily.

See how quickly all that went away? And how the clemson people swooped in to say we are all family and all in and all that?

May 9, 2016, 3:46 PM

Did it really "go away"? He did slide to 7th in the draft...which would lead several to believe that the Scouts might have heard it from someone they felt was a credible source or was close to the situation. I mean, there after all 32 hats that passed on him...31 outright plus several times the one he last held did too...again, any reason you see he slid that far otherwise?

May 9, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Great post NFLU. Pretty much the entire reasoning for my even bringing Kearse back up ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19359072#19359072

Hope this helps hahaha

May 9, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link) ]

Never said he's less a part of a team. He definitely had busts in several games, and people have a right to post their feelings on his play the second half of the season...just like there has been several of those fellow players that made some comments about it post season too. You getting down on those players for stating it too. You have your view, others have theirs...and for a fact, why don;t you TRY looking back at my posts and see if I was ever one of the ones saying he laid off...please, by all means, dare you. Get ready to look stupid. I'm not even downing anything about the guy, never have yet...I'm saying others have a right to feel how they do from what THEY saw. And I'm quite sure any one of them could technically screencap gifs from games available to watch via Tigerray online if they really wanted to prove a point, showing busted plays.

Don't like the picture, don't just assume someone is a coot...hard to call an ALUMNI a coot, don't you think? I have better odds calling you one at the present time. And Jayron didn't make the school anything...he helped the TEAM...the athletic TEAM of the school, but how did me make the SCHOOL, the education aspect?? There is a difference between the team and the university itself.

May 9, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link) ]

Still waiting for your reply, since you were obviously very passionate about it. Thanks

May 8, 2016, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Just watched the coches roundtable MNC game replay (thoughts and link) ]

..and it's not that you are "defending a Clemson player"...it's that you defend a specific one...know him I'm guessing? Or ARE him?? Just curious, as you take anything about HIM specifically personal. You aren't coming to defend ANY player...you defend just ONE.

May 9, 2016, 2:08 PM

You are wasting your time on NFLU...

In his mind Kearse being drafted late in the draft makes him rgiht when all along everyone was saying he would have been drafted higher if he had played the second half of the season like the first.

May 8, 2016, 9:53 PM

It's hard for alot of people to understand assignments, coverages, alignments, schemes, etc.

People on message boards who have never played football past high school are the biggest critics of someone who is going to make millions playing a GAME HAHAHAHAHA

May 9, 2016, 2:10 PM

If you couldnt see the drop off in Kearse play the second half of the season then you should really refrain from attacking others.

May 9, 2016, 2:29 PM

I think kearse's extra efforts is the exact reason for the misunderstood perception of Kearse "not giving his all" in the title game, as crazy as that sounds.

You see the pictures of his chasing Henry and not making the tackle. Again, he had zero business even being in the same snapshot with Henry. Momentum was moving up to the line of scrimmage, opposite the direction of the run play. Great play call on Bama's part by running away from our best run support safety, and it paid off. Kearse still readjusted and bust quick enough to even be in play to make td saving tackle.

Kearse seen chasing down #17 on the kick return would lead those to believe the KR TD was on him, but there were TWO defenders outside of his gap who crashed to hard, gave up the outside and took bad angles, failing to fill their gaps. Kearse had to turn his body all the way around and then proceeded to chase the most explosive, fastest player on Bama's squad full of 5-stars all the way to the endzone. Effort.

Jayron was taken out of the play on the OJ swing pass because baker gave up the sideline. Had he forced him back inside, although Kearse was on his way to the ground, I'm certain his arm length and strength would've either brought Howard down on the play, or slowed him up enough for someone else to come make the tackle.

Those are the highlights where he's spotted near the ball carrier, and it's super easy to conclude the busts were on him (which I originally did as well).

Just not the case, though.

My knock on Kearse in terms of draft potential and an NFL

May 10, 2016, 7:41 AM

prospect is very simple. If he were really the athlete and prospect he was thought to have been earlier in the year he would've been able to run down Henry. Henry isn't an incredibly fast guy and yet he was faster than Kearse and Kearse knew that. He knew he couldn't catch Henry so he made the desperation lunge and missed despite being like 30+ yards from the EZ.

Re: My knock on Kearse in terms of draft potential and an NFL

May 10, 2016, 7:47 AM

That play wasn't on Jayron. Kearse didn't have the angle to tackle Henry on that play. He was up in run support filling another gap. It doesn't matter how fast you are if you don't have the angle to tackle someone.

I don't care if it was "ON" Kearse or not. He put hands on

May 10, 2016, 7:54 AM

Henry around the 40 yard line. If you are a legit high round safety pick you run Henry down over 40 yards. I think he just turned out to not be the elite athlete that many thought he was.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic