Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have You Ever ......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Have You Ever ......

Jul 19, 2020, 1:02 PM

sat down under the shade of a huge oak tree on a warm summer's day with slight breeze blowing and you're sipping a glass of cold water, iced tea or lemonade?

been sitting in your favorite chair just relaxing and your dog comes up to you with that look on it's face that plainly says, "I need a hug or a good back rub"?

looked up at the clouds and saw a cloud formations that looked exactly like some other object?

during a much needed rain, ran around in the rain getting every inch of your clothing wringing wet?

on a beautiful cloudless star-lit night sky, looked at many bright stars and wondered how far away they were?

listened to the wail of a steam locomotive whistle at night and wondered where you would end up if you were aboard that train?

turned your head skyward and opened your mouth to catch a snowflake?

caught a "skeeter hawk" or June Bug and tied some of your Mother's sewing thread around it before releasing it to fly off?

been caught off guard when one of your children or grandchildren came up to you, gave you a hug and said, "I love you"?

caught lightning bugs and placed them in a jar? The jar had a lid with holes punched in it by using n ice pick?

seen a flock of geese flying in a VEE formation and wondered why one side of the VEE was longer than the other? Did you count the number of geese on each side?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ The T-Net Idol's

Jul 19, 2020, 1:10 PM

Mind at work! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

writes like Ray Bradbury.***

Jul 19, 2020, 2:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The string on the June bug is the best,

Jul 19, 2020, 1:17 PM

I could fly them all day long growing up!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The string on the June bug is the best,

Jul 19, 2020, 2:05 PM

does a stringed June bug fly in a circle?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes . . . If it continues to fly.

Jul 19, 2020, 5:06 PM

Have any of you fished for bats with a Panther Martin Spinner tied to end of the line of a cane pole and whirled it in circular motions over your head @ dusk? Cut the hook off before trying as unhooking can get complicated and messy.

Those suckers would dive bomb it like you've never seen!!! Just something we did as kids in the summertime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have You Ever ......

Jul 19, 2020, 1:20 PM

Yes!
No...
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
No...
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

I hope I passed the test.

Great list! Though #8 stymies me a bit. Never heard of such. Hmmm. Still time, though, as I am just a youngster, Joe. Class of '75 (& '78! Architecture! Thus, a Tiger twice!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think all of the above except

Jul 19, 2020, 1:23 PM

the steam locomotive

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 1:36 PM

Joe, hoping you're around at least 100 more years sharing wisdom and insights.

Jul 19, 2020, 1:57 PM

Joe, you just made my day a little bit better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 2:39 PM

We have all done those things and I hope that we all appreciate the wonderful life that we were given that allows us to enjoy those moments. At times like we are experiencing now, those joys are even more special. Thanks for making us ALL aware of how great it is to be here. Being a Tiger makes it even more special.

Now I have one for you... Remember “ Kilroy was here”? I bet that you remember it well and have a story,

Jul 19, 2020, 7:45 PM

I must have seen 247,493 "Kilroy was here" in Europe during WW2. I received letters with the "Kilroy Was Here" on the envelope.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Kilroy'!!!!

Jul 19, 2020, 9:56 PM

Dang! Joe!
Heard about it! Read about it! Saw Pictures!
NOW I BELIEVE IT !!!

Love You!!
Keep Em' Coming!!

Great “Thoughts and Memories” Joe! However?

Jul 19, 2020, 4:20 PM

You have probably created some questions for our T Net youngsters:)

Re: Great “Thoughts and Memories” Joe! However?

Jul 19, 2020, 5:51 PM

Joe21 I have done all of those things except I don't think it was a steam engine. While I was taking care of My Mom the last few years with her Dementia. I would sleep in the same room I did while I was growing up. At night when it was quiet I could hear that train and it was so comforting and brought back so many memories of my childhood. Good stuff Joe21.

Jul 19, 2020, 6:46 PM

Not sure I did it or just witnessed flying a june bug. Have seen steam engines but not sure I ever heard one in the distance. All the rest yes!

Watched and counted numerous geese and pelicans! Watched Mississippi Kites, a hawk and a murder of crows fly over yesterday evening while sitting in the pool!

Message was edited by: djones73®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic