Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great News!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Great News!

Jun 28, 2012, 7:44 PM

You can save over 15% on your health insurance by switching to Romney in November!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great News!

Jun 28, 2012, 7:45 PM

agree

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2012, 7:48 PM

Guess you were under the impression you were logged on at Fox News instead of TigerNet.

Jun 28, 2012, 9:59 PM

people need to know whats going on even if this news is on T Net. The Obama care and other things he is doing to this country will destroy us like Rome was destroyed.

Re: Probably more than that.***

Jun 28, 2012, 7:56 PM

Crump, why do we have to wade through crap like this

Jun 28, 2012, 8:10 PM

on a sports board.

this***

Jun 28, 2012, 8:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wut?

Jun 29, 2012, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Crump, why do we have to wade through crap like this ]

This is in the Politics & Religion Board

Jun 28, 2012, 8:17 PM

No you won't. Romney won't be any better. When are y'all going to learn this 2 party system sucks? It was Justice Roberts, a so-called conservative appointed by Bush, with the deciding vote. Y'all gotta wake up before you sell us all down the river. They ain't no different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2012, 9:42 PM

Explore news, videos, and much more based on what your friends are reading and watching. Publish your own activity and retain full control.Log InWhy Chief Justice Roberts Made the Right Long-Term Decision With ObamaCare
Bert Atkinson Jr. June 28, 2012 3:59 pm

This article, written by I.M. Citizen, gives a much different perspective of Justice Robert’s decision. Comment below and let us know what you think. Also check out I.M. Citizen’s blog – quite interesting.

I.M. Citizen:

Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them.

It will be a short-lived celebration.

Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.

Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.

Next, he stated that, because Congress doesn’t have the ability to mandate, it must, to fund Obama-care, rely on its power to tax. Therefore, the mechanism that funds Obama-care is a tax. This is also critical. Recall back during the initial Obama-care battles, the Democrats called it a penalty, Republicans called it a tax. Democrats consistently soft sold it as a penalty. It went to vote as a penalty. Obama declared endlessly, that it was not a tax, it was a penalty. But when the Democrats argued in front of the Supreme Court, they said ‘hey, a penalty or a tax, either way’. So, Roberts gave them a tax. It is now the official law of the land — beyond word-play and silly shenanigans. Obama-care is funded by tax dollars. Democrats now must defend a tax increase to justify the Obama-care law.

Finally, he struck down as unconstitutional, the Obama-care idea that the federal government can bully states into complying by yanking their existing medicaid funding. Liberals, through Obama-care, basically said to the states — ‘comply with Obama-care or we will stop existing funding.’ Roberts ruled that is a no-no. If a state takes the money, fine, the Feds can tell the state how to run a program, but if the state refuses money, the federal government can’t penalize the state by yanking other funding. Therefore, a state can decline to participate in Obama-care without penalty. This is obviously a serious problem. Are we going to have 10, 12, 25 states not participating in “national” health-care? Suddenly, it’s not national, is it?

Ultimately, Roberts supported states rights by limiting the federal government’s coercive abilities. He ruled that the government can not force the people to purchase products or services under the commerce clause and he forced liberals to have to come clean and admit that Obama-care is funded by tax increases.

Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.

And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown threw his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.

Brilliant.

Jun 28, 2012, 9:50 PM

So in other words he played politics instead of doing his job, interpreting the constitution. Thanks that makes me feel better. Y'all can make up all the excuses you want but your beloved neocons are no different than the liberals. They have the same goals. Just different talk and different avenues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2012, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Great News! ]

along with three liberal women!

Jun 28, 2012, 8:25 PM

Sorry, just seeing that this was one of the most important SCOTUS rulings in our lifetimes thought I would leave my opinion, yes its in a sportsboard, maybe I wanted to see how my fellow tiger fans felt about it. Didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way.

there is a religion and politics section of this board

Jun 28, 2012, 8:29 PM

Your post will probably be better received over there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obummer rubs me the wrong way but I guess there

Jun 28, 2012, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Great News! ]

must be a few on here who cottons to him.

Jun 28, 2012, 9:06 PM

Agree

Jun 28, 2012, 9:15 PM

People who live in Mass. might disagree with you!

I know one guy that will be happy about this...Ronald Poppo.***

Jun 28, 2012, 9:26 PM

Though pretty funny, who here wasn't already voting Rep?

Jun 28, 2012, 9:29 PM

Like every year no matter who's on the ticket?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Though pretty funny, who here wasn't already voting Rep?

Jun 28, 2012, 9:37 PM

Not me, yellow dog Democrat here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Though pretty funny, who here wasn't already voting Rep?

Jun 28, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Though pretty funny, who here wasn't already voting Rep? ]

I don't. I vote third party. Tired of the same ol chit. 2 party dictatorship is what we have.

Mormon or Idiot, i guess its down to who is the least bad?***

Jun 28, 2012, 9:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mormon or Idiot, i guess its down to who is the least bad?***

Jun 28, 2012, 9:54 PM

They're boththe same neither is least bad. This idea that republicans believe anything different from liberals is smoke and mirrors. What did bush do different than Clinton? Obama different than bush? Romney won't do anything different than Obama. And Americans will never learn, while calling honest politicians, that so desperately yell and whine for, kooks.

Re: Mormon or Idiot, i guess its down to who is the least bad?***

Jun 28, 2012, 10:36 PM

Huntsman 2016!

Jun 28, 2012, 10:31 PM

I sincerely hope you never have a serious illness and have the joyful experience of having your insurance company fight you and your doctor over every single penny. Or watch your mother cry because the insurance company is refusing to pay her deceased husband's medical bills. Please look at both sides of the issue before judging...

Way too many people refuse to look at both sides****

Jun 28, 2012, 10:41 PM

Jun 29, 2012, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Great News! ]

Ha! Its the easy attack to say that since Obamacare doesn't do anything to regulate the private insurance companies we already have, it only increases the amount of people they have to insure along with an increase amount of people being on medicare or medicaid. So you're points make no since, the only thing that changes for me is that I have to pay more for my health care for my family. Instead of Obama understanding that costs are going to continue to go up because we have done nothing to fight that effort, in about 15 years when premiums hit a new high, the middle class and small businesses at the time that could afford the insurance benefits will no longer be able to carry or purchase private insurance which will force more people on to government healthcare. And how good will that be? Well lets look at other government programs...hmm Social Security - Projected to be broke in 20 years, Medicare - Projected to be broke in 20 years, Medicaid - Projected to be broke. So what is going to happen when all these people are on government health care and that money runs out? Scary....

LOL***

Jun 29, 2012, 9:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Have some land off the coast of Florida for sale.

Jun 29, 2012, 9:47 AM

Interested?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic