Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grandkids getting teased
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Grandkids getting teased

Dec 1, 2013, 4:33 PM

I can take my coot "friends" ribbing, I did my share of it for the last 60 years, but having my six year old grandson tearing up when I picked him up at a birthday party this afternoon broke my heart.

He was wearing a sweatshirt with a Paw and told me two of the kids were calling him loser and said the paw was kitty litter. He asked me why we never win.

I, of course, told him the tradition, the 63-17 story and told him not to let stupid kids bother him. AS a good Papa, I couldn't tell him he should have punched them in their coot faces. It sure bothers me though. He has never known a Tiger win. I assured him things would change. A good place to start would be winning again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grandkids getting teased

Dec 1, 2013, 4:38 PM

And this is why I have a real problem with Clemson fans who say that when we win again, we should take this humbling as a hint to be classier. BS! Those SOBs are mouthy even when we beat them and as God as my witness, when we beat them and end this streak, I swear that for 365 days I am going to do as much as I can to be as big of a #### to them as I possibly can. Screw civility! The only way to shut them up is beat them and rub it in good and hard.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:38 PM

Is this poster still here? LOL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When he gets a little older, take him to willy B and he will

Dec 1, 2013, 4:43 PM

Quickly realize why it's better to be a tiger...despite wins or losses. I've got a one year old and I'm hoping the tides will turn in our favor once he's old enough to understand football.

that s truth***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:02 PM

Maybe tell him

Dec 1, 2013, 4:48 PM

That it's just a football game and matters very little in the grand scheme of things?

how was the crowd***

Dec 1, 2013, 9:57 PM

My 13 yr old son cannot remember a Tiger Win against SC

Dec 5, 2013, 7:01 PM

Clemson has substantially lost the sixteen and under set (especially out of state) that understands winners and losers.

Winning and losing is significant in how young people associate themselves. My son loves me and I love him. He enjoys Clemson ball games but considers his Dad a lovable loser when it comes to big-time football games. I can understand that and his lack of interest in attending Clemson.

Signed, 1984 Grad / VA Native / Savannah, GA Resident

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winning want stop that...

Dec 5, 2013, 7:19 PM

trust me, they do that garbage even when they are down.

If I didn't know better, I would have never thought we had beat them when I was growing up.

won't***

Dec 5, 2013, 7:19 PM

I weep for our society in general...***

Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM

Dec 5, 2013, 7:29 PM

It goes both ways though. Do you know how much crap I got when I was 6 years old (1986) from Clemson fans, and all the years afterwards minus a few years? They were rude to me, they laughed, they pushed, they punched--all because Clemson beat SC. They were just as classless as those Gamecock kids pushing your kid around. I think it has more to do with the heated rivalry, kids being kids, and the team currently in the bragging rights column than anything else. As the responses have indicated, it'll come right back to Gamecock fans when they lose next. So there's a perfect demonstration of just how a heated rivalry works. Teach your kids to react with class--that's all you can do, and to stand up to the idiots.

Actually, a good mechanism that works is tell your kid to fight back with an unexpected comment. Admit to them that the Gamecocks won and played well. Mean kids are looking to start a fight and are looking for contention, and when suddenly they don't get the resistance they were planning on, they move on to the next kid looking for it.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:32 PM

You got pushed around because of your butt cut, mullet and marlboros.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:35 PM

And there's an example...that didn't take long. Here's the type of bully I got to endure through the years of Clemson's victories.

^^^^^Drama Queen^^^^***

Dec 5, 2013, 7:50 PM

Re: NO. It has everything to with

Dec 5, 2013, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Grandkids getting teased ]

BAD PARENTS. Period.

Re: NO. It has everything to with

Dec 5, 2013, 8:05 PM

Parents aren't going to be hovering over their kids at school. Kids on the playground will be kids, especially when they are around their friends, trying to impress their friends doing dumb stuff. And as long as they get away with it, parents are none the wiser. You can't always blame bad parenting on everything. Even the most well brought up kid will tempt the rules at least once.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic