Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Graduated out!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Graduated out!!!

May 15, 2018, 6:09 AM

Friday I watched two of my adopted daughters(best friends of my daughter's) graduate from Clemson, then ran over to Atlanta to watch my daughter graduate from Emory on Monday in a FIVE hour ceremony(they really do them long there). Glad it is all over. I have one more to go in June, then I'm done for a long time I hope.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Graduated out!!!

May 15, 2018, 6:16 AM

Congratulations to all ... especially to you for the patience and perseverance .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 15, 2018, 10:26 AM

Emory? Thats where they make the boards for fingernails right? ;) Seriously congrats to her

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walrus..congrats to all

May 15, 2018, 10:33 AM

and know I’ve never been to see Emory campus but must after seeing a recent photo of campus with ATL skyline in background..It’s Beautiful.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a beautiful campus...you are actually in

May 15, 2018, 12:22 PM

Atlanta, but with all the hills and trees you don't realize it. But after her freshmen year it seemed that she kept moving closer to the CDC and her senior year it was half a mile away from her apartment on Clairmont.

May 16, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Graduated out!!! ]

yes.the boards were invented there,so the school gets a residual on every one made,and that's why emory has such a large endowment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nope, The Coca-Cola inventor went there...

May 16, 2018, 3:07 PM

Hence the huge endowment and no FOOTBALL team. He had a relative killed playing football in the early days and if Emory ever fields a school football team it stops. Our speaker was the guy who started "Dollar Shave Club" who is also an amateur comedian so it was one of the best commencement addresses ever. The guy graduated with a 2.6 GPA and is now a billionaire.
He made poor Professor Giles, who flunked him twice before he graduated in 2002, stand up and get a round of applause. The poor Prof looked totally bumfuzzled and said he didn't remember him at all. Then he made us all give a round of applause for all the kids whose name started with "Z" because they were always last in everything that was done alphabetically! He was the best part of the ceremony outside the actual graduation.

May 15, 2018, 1:04 PM

So are you the "last man standing" walrus?
Congratulations as well

Emory graduation memory

May 16, 2018, 11:10 AM

I taught for 8 years at Druid Hills HS which is on/next to the Emory campus. As a teacher at DH, you had better get to school early on graduation day or your parking space might be taken.

God I love you guys!...

May 16, 2018, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the sympathy.

Re: God I love you guys!...

May 16, 2018, 2:13 PM

Congrats. Now you start saving some money for yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic