Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest prediction

Nov 6, 2014, 9:56 AM

Clemson vs. Wake Forest prediction

Clemson travels up I-85 to Winston-Salem Thursday night to take on Wake Forest in what looks to be a mismatch. Can the Deacons score enough to keep it close? Can Clemson's offense do enough to pull away? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest prediction

Nov 6, 2014, 10:12 AM

Hoping for the offense's "Coming Out" party lead by Tyshon Dye and Wayne Gallman. A few deep balls to Williams and Scott, this one is out of reach by halftime if all plays out!

Clemson 48 Wake 13

#justkeepswimming

#ALLIN

Nov 6, 2014, 11:23 AM

I agree. This one is a mismatch from the get-go, and only Dabo's compassion for a fellow coach and his unwillingness to humiliate a fellow conference member and their players will lessen the beat down. Tigers roll in this one! I believe it gets ugly early and often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2014, 9:06 AM

Guess I was a bit too optimistic. Still, I never doubted a win, but I thought we would walk through them pretty easily. Ref's didn't help us much (although I saw a few that could have been called or ball spots we got we shouldn't have gotten), but we certainly got hosed the most I've seen since a Ron Cherry called game. No way Robert Smith should have been ejected. Very poor judgement by the ref's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest prediction ]

I don't understand the thinking behind Wake scoring any points. The only way Wake's offense scores is if we turn the ball over deep in our own end of the field, which they'll only end up with a field goal. The only way they score a TD is on defense.

Wake's offense is very, very bad. They might not have 7 yards of total offense, much less 7 points.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 5:49 PM

While I agree, I normally spot any team a chance at some points for the sake that shut-outs don't happen often in football. Also, I see us sitting most of our first and second string on defense by the middle of the third quarter or trying some new wrinkles in the defense in this game.

What have we done to get used to their crowd noise?

Nov 6, 2014, 10:13 AM

practiced in front of cardboard cutouts, ringed the field with cotton balls, stuffed wax in our ears to get used to silence?

Seriously playing in front of such a morbid crowd can bring down a team.

Took the team to a bait store & gathered around the crickets***

Nov 6, 2014, 10:25 AM

Re: What have we done to get used to their crowd noise?

Nov 6, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to What have we done to get used to their crowd noise? ]

Now that was funny! +1 I needed that boisterous laugh to wake me up. Thanks!

I like this quote

Nov 6, 2014, 10:24 AM

Under Swinney, the Tigers have beaten 24 unranked teams in a row. Other teams in the state would love to say the same thing.

Little dig there?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like this quote

Nov 6, 2014, 11:26 AM

Very appropriate, and well deserved.

Gotta love ElSwann still drinking the Kool-aid and

Nov 6, 2014, 11:58 AM

predicting us to score 35-40 pts every week.

Re: Gotta love ElSwann still drinking the Kool-aid and

Nov 6, 2014, 11:59 AM

GOD FORBID A CLEMSON FAN PREDICTING US TO DO WELL. GOD FORBID.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How far has that gotten him on his picks? :)***

Nov 6, 2014, 12:01 PM

Re: Gotta love ElSwann still drinking the Kool-aid and

Nov 6, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Gotta love ElSwann still drinking the Kool-aid and ]

I got us scoring 48. At some point the offense has gotta break loose. Plus we have gotten some of our starters back including O-lineman, Leggett, and Peake. This should be ugly from jump.

Nov 6, 2014, 12:36 PM

Dang David, is finding something to write about that hard to come by now. That's what its looking like to me anyway. We/Clemson has one of if not the best defense in the country. And personally IMO, we will beat Wake without Deshaun or Cole as our starting QB. I believe we could beat Wake with Nick Schuessler or David Olson. And if either of those two go down, we could just hike the ball to a Beastly or some one that will get us a few yards a carry and let Ammon Lakip beat them with his leg. I don't think that Wake was allowed to borrow guys from the NC teams to build themselves an offense. Slow day for a game day huh!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 5:55 PM

When the best thing Dabo can talk about is their 5-year starters at Corner and their highly touted Punter (who is from South Carolina I believe), it should be tough sledding for David to give us a full column.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic