Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got issues with Kirby, but in 48 hours he has put UGA back in play offs..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Got issues with Kirby, but in 48 hours he has put UGA back in play offs..

Jan 11, 2020, 9:38 AM

Two days ago I was thinking UGA would struggle to win the East. Now, with the QB, Dawgs are a play off team and who knows?

Richt said he would be the best QB in the SEC. And, with the receivers coming back, those coming in, the running backs, the depth at OL, and a dual threat QB the likes coming in..

Add in a BETTER defense In 2020 than possibly the best defense in in the country in 2019 I think it is safe to say the best defense in the country will be in Athens.

Anyone on here knows I am NOT a homer. I criticize UGA regularly and Kirby, too. But, I gotta admit, in the past 48 hours, things have changed.

Not to mention what Kirby is doing on the recruiting path.

Look, the dawgs are not on the level of Clemson.Yet. Clemson stands alone. The BEST program in America. Period. Hoping you guys beat LSU and I think you will. Clemson is the envy of the college football world right now.

But, in the past 48 hours, I have changed my tune and 2020 looks to be a tremendous year!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got issues with Kirby, but in 48 hours he has put UGA back in play offs..

Jan 11, 2020, 9:44 AM

TU for pulling for Clemson and your thoughts about Clemson and Uga.'s next season. For some reason, I think Kirby lacks something. I can't put my finger on it. Geogia has always been a hot bed for football, but they seem to find ways to lose improtant games. Looking forward to playing you all again and maybe it'll be next year in the Playoffs. Go Clemson!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 9:54 AM

Wake's QB. What a laugh, that's gonna take them to the promised land....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You never know. Look what Burrow did to LSU, Fields at

Jan 11, 2020, 10:04 AM

OSU, Russell Wilson at Wisconsin. You never know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You never know. Look what Burrow did to LSU, Fields at

Jan 11, 2020, 10:32 AM

Those other guys were blue chips, except for Wilson. UGA will still blow.

Jan 11, 2020, 9:54 AM

Why would you start a thread about UGA on a Clemson message board?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 9:55 AM

Owen doesn’t have any friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 11, 2020, 9:57 AM

I still wish Clemson and Georgia would go back to playing every year. That would make both teams guaranteed to have a good out of conference game each year. I know it will never happen again, but it is a wish of mine. What a rivalry it could be again!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 11, 2020, 9:58 AM

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble but Newman is not the QB Georgia needs. I hate to mention it but Chase Brice would run circles around Newman. For Chase's financial future, he needs to look for greener pastures.

Chase now follows Jeff Scott to USF !!! ***

Jan 11, 2020, 11:10 AM

Personally I think Kirby is Richt 2.0 minus the character.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict that y’all have a shot at beating south carolina

This year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I predict that y’all have a shot at beating south carolina

Jan 11, 2020, 10:00 AM

That stung a little.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

So, a QB from a weak team in the weak ACC transfers to

Jan 11, 2020, 9:59 AM

an SEC school and immediately makes them a playoff contender? This bottles the mime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Newman? Um. Ok.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:09 AM

Good luck with that. He started off 2019 with a bang, but it petered out...in the lowly ACC.
Our punter gave him the ball inside the 30, and he still couldn’t get a td.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=L2Y8gEL3lAI

Just please beat UofSC this year. That was embarrassing. No team that lost to the coots should be in the top 10...much less #4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 10:11 AM

Even Kirby alluded to the culture problem a few weeks ago, although he is a big product of it ... see Kirbys Law . Not much difference between them and the Coots (aside from a 40 year old trophy)- their fans overhype them , they bring in shady characters and quick fixes and then wonder why players leave early with 7th round draft predictions .

For a QB to quit his Sr yr & join another team is wrong***

Jan 11, 2020, 10:13 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Jan 11, 2020, 10:17 AM

...gotta love UGA fans. Clueless and delusional every pre-season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 10:18 AM

The huge question is can Kirby let his offensive coaches use a dual threat QB. He sure did not know what to do with Fields. If he's learned that lesson they could be dangerous, but leopards and spots comes to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, an ACC qb is gonna make you a NC?

Jan 11, 2020, 10:36 AM

I didn’t think that was possible?

Seriously, i understand your point. I don’t think it’s Kirby, there is a machine at Uga that has been getting players for a long time. How that machine does it regardless of who is the coach is the stuff of the rumor mill.

This will secure the SEC East for UGA

Jan 11, 2020, 11:18 AM

But Alabama will be the better team in 2020 IMO.

Kirby will eventually figure things out and UGA will become the top program in the conference when age catches up to Saban.

Jan 11, 2020, 11:50 AM

Thanks for pulling for my Tigers. I still miss our rivalry of the’80s. Oh yeah please beat the u of sc fighting ######

UGA fans always feel good in the offseason

Jan 11, 2020, 11:55 AM

I'm really not trying to be disrespectful, but don't UGA fans always feel really good about next year during the off-season?

You had arguably the best dual threat QB in the country on your roster and now he plays for OSU because you wouldn't let him play and when you did UGA seemed to have no clue how to use his skills. Why will this time be any different?

As for the rest of the offense, you've always recruited well, but you're still replacing A LOT of parts on an offense that was already bad.

I think Newman is a pretty good QB but some UGA fans are acting like they just signed Tom Brady.

Maybe I'll be wrong but I just won't believe UGA is taking the next step until I see it

Bless your heart !!!!

Jan 11, 2020, 12:10 PM

UGa has just two starters returning on offense and a graduate transfer QB from Wake Forest is miraculously going to salvage your season.

Yea...I can see how you would think that everything in Athens is just peachy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic