Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got a feeling its going to be BURCH to the COOTS (Hope not)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Got a feeling its going to be BURCH to the COOTS (Hope not)

Jul 29, 2019, 9:40 AM

Just me thinking out loud here...

To me, it seems that Burch was not in a good head space about Clemson this weekend. He rarely looked happy or involved in the pictures that were posted. The other recruits also mentioned that he did not open up until halfway through.

The tea leaves also add up here...

He lives in Cootlumbia.
His mom now works for a Coot booster.
His high school QB is Muschump's son.
His other high school teammate is a Coot commit (Huntley).
He has visited there a million times (likely due to proximity).
We now have TWO Clemson players (Belk, Feaster) choosing to go there on their own accord (dispicable).

Our DLINE is also loaded! We already have 4 DL commits in this cycle and plenty of young 5*'s in the lineup.

He can go to Cooterville and play right away, get his 3 min of fame like Doo Doo Head Clowney and head off to the NFL.

REALLY hope I am wrong, but it sure feels like this is going to happen.

REGARDLESS, we will beat their brakes off.

Serious question though, after two hands full of fingers, which digit will we choose for #11 in a row?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got a feeling its going to be BURCH to the COOTS (Hope not)

Jul 29, 2019, 9:44 AM

1. Belk was not and is not a Clemson Player
2. Everything is favoring SCar in this recruitment yet the general trend has been he would chose Clemson because of the gap between the programs. It is a great time to be a Tiger.

null

Jul 29, 2019, 9:44 AM

I never felt like we would get Burch. Its not even a great fit.

Jul 29, 2019, 9:48 AM

Georgia may be in it more than we think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 10:07 AM

I bet he goes to Georgia.

Jul 29, 2019, 9:55 AM

Not so sure about that. I think it's between us and Jawja.

The reason I say Jawja is that they are thin at DE and he'd play right away. With that said, he's not a good fit for their scheme...but you never know.

I think we made up a lot of ground this weekend in his recruitment. He certainly has a lot of things to process, no doubt about it. I think him hearing XT discuss player development and how it worked out for him had a much bigger impact than folks realize.

Best of luck to the kid whatever he decides. Ultimately, it's his choice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

UGA is a major player here

Jul 29, 2019, 10:05 AM

He’s not going to decide any time soon either

UGA is a major player here

Jul 29, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Got a feeling its going to be BURCH to the COOTS (Hope not) ]

He’s not going to decide any time soon either

Jul 29, 2019, 9:56 AM

Turning down a chance to play for one of the best teams in the country to play for one of the worst teams is akin to turning down a new Porsche 911 and purchasing a $ 1,000 car that "needs some work" off of Craig's list. (My apology in advance for comparing Craig's List to a bottom dweller like SCAR!)

Don't rule out UGA

Jul 29, 2019, 9:57 AM

These 'Burch' threads are

Jul 29, 2019, 10:00 AM

Like reading XT recruitment reruns.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we know how that turned out...***

Jul 29, 2019, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And we know how that turned out...***

Jul 29, 2019, 10:35 AM

We know how that (the XT recruiting) turned out, Hallelujah!

Really want Burch and think that move makes more sense for

Jul 29, 2019, 10:14 AM

him - but for UofSC he is a make or break guy - they HAVE to get him - as much as he would be an awesome pick up and addition to the good guys in orange his decision can't be as important for Clemson as it is for Muschump -

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

If he was going to be a coot why wouldn’t he have committed already?

Jul 29, 2019, 10:22 AM

You mentioned all the reasons you think he ends up there, but you could also point out that those have been the case for a long time (Florence is also pretty much coot territory) and he’s visited there enough times that you wouldn’t think he could see anything else.

So if all that is the case, why wouldn’t he have committed already? To me, it seems more likely that he’s a quiet and reserved kid (which explains taking a while to open up) that knows that if he commits somewhere else that’s not the coots that he’ll have to hear about it all day every day from teammates, teachers, mom, etc.

IMO, if he was a coot he would have already joined the class and been working to recruit others to come join him.

Re: If he was going to be a coot why wouldn’t he have committed already?

Jul 29, 2019, 10:37 AM

I agree 100%. I don't get the feeling that he is making a decision until after the season, which leads me to think the ankle biters are our main competition. I could certainly see USuC having a bad enough season to get rid of Muschamp. If that was to happen, then I would guess that they would be out of it. If Burch takes time to weigh his options, I think that we are in good shape.

Jul 29, 2019, 10:39 AM

Ok here is my question....Did anyone hear about his UGay trip, did it take him half the time to open up to the recruits at UGay? Or when he goes to USuc practices?
It's just odd tht we possible might loose the 2nd straight 5 star DE/DL in the state(Pickens outta Anderson last years)... Both with parents as big supporters of USuc, so you guys say let him make his decision, it looks like the hatred of Clemson from Families of coots is stronger then anyone is saying or recognizes.....hmmmmm..thts something to think about.

Jul 29, 2019, 11:05 AM

Don't know what happened at UGA this weekend but I remember reading Burch was similarly reserved and unenthusiastic at USCe earlier this year when he spent 3 days before/during/after their spring game.

Not directed at you in particular, but I think we should stop trying to read the tea leaves with Burch. It's an exercise in futility. He has his reasons for playing it close and delaying his decision until the end. Just deal with it. He doesn't owe anyone a decision until he's prepared to announce. The conjecture is pretty worthless too.

It's as if the decision by Ajou and the recent excitement about Flowe is again making some feel entitled to know what is best for Burch. You don't. It's interesting watching silence make people spaz.

He won’t be the first to make that mistake if he does go to Columbia

Jul 29, 2019, 10:58 AM

Zach Bailey would be a great example of one who gave away 4 CFP appearances and 2 national championships to go to the bottom-feeder that has never won anything.

Anybody considering the BELK Bowl runner-up needs to be awakened before making a terrible mistake.

Jul 29, 2019, 12:03 PM

Message was edited by: DirtyTiger2000

Hit em with the double gif

Jul 29, 2019, 12:17 PM

Nobody’s doing that

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic