Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While Venables'TiGs @ 35th overall in D, his OK team is #9**
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

While Venables'TiGs @ 35th overall in D, his OK team is #9**

Oct 8, 2013, 2:58 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting. Who have they played so far this year?

Oct 8, 2013, 3:00 PM

That may affect the perception of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK is undefeated..beat WVU (!), TCU & several scrubs ****

Oct 8, 2013, 3:03 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The WVU team that UMD shut out (who then gave up

Oct 8, 2013, 3:17 PM

63 to the 'Noles last week)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they can hold Baylor to less than 35 then we can

Oct 8, 2013, 3:18 PM [ in reply to OK is undefeated..beat WVU (!), TCU & several scrubs **** ]

get excited

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the Sooners have given up more points

Oct 8, 2013, 3:07 PM

in their last 3 games than Clemson has, including 20 to Tulsa.

At 13 ppg allowed, vs. Clemson's 16 ppg allowed, OU offers opponents far fewer chances to score, owing to a slower pace of their offense and a grinding ground game.

Were the Sooners' offense geared to run at the same speed as Clemson's there's little doubt opponents would be scoring more on their defense.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the Sooners have given up more points

Oct 8, 2013, 3:09 PM

it would be an interesting stat to see how we rank in terms of a drive-to-scores allowed ratio

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

hmmm: gimme a minute....***

Oct 8, 2013, 3:13 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Noooo..either a great sermon being written or a math book

Oct 8, 2013, 3:21 PM

is being searched for from his high schools days to compute the needed figures or info! Haaaa.

GoTiGERs!

OK here ya go: pct of scoring drives for us and OU...

Oct 8, 2013, 3:23 PM [ in reply to hmmm: gimme a minute....*** ]

Keeping in mind that I'm not a math major....

Clemson has given opposing teams a total of 78 opportunities with the ball. They have scored on 12 of those opportunities for a scoring drive pct. of about 15 percent.

Oklahoma has given opponents 65 possessions, with 11 of those ending in scores, for a scoring drive pct. of about 17 percent.

Statistically, had Oklahoma given its opponents the same # of possessions as Clemson, then the Sooners would have allowed 1.25 more scores than Clemson ... meaning Oklahoma's scoring defense would be slightly worse than Clemson's.

Also you may also factor in that Oklahoma has played only one road game so far, as opposed to 2 for the Tigers.

Re: Good work Rev!***

Oct 8, 2013, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Re: While Venables'TiGs @ 35th overall in D, his OK team is #9**

Oct 8, 2013, 3:24 PM

Nothing could be less important than that stat at week 6. Seriously though.. I guess since it exists we can talk about it, but I consider petty week 6 statistics like this of anti-worth. Just a worthless stat that means absolutely nothing while we have either 8 and hopefully 9 more games to play.. We can keep checking this every single game or even during the course of clemson and Oklahoma games on every Saturday. To me this is the same thing as checking stats and saying, "Dabos alma mater is tied for first place in win percentage so far this season and so are we and we're tied for wins with them so far and, and, and they won 2 of the last 3 natty's..'

After 5 games last year - Clemson was #88 and OK was #14

Oct 8, 2013, 3:36 PM

in total defense. Clemson finished #63 and OK finished #64.

And that's all I have to say about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic