Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, how good are you in the lines this year?....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,800

So, how good are you in the lines this year?....

Aug 26, 2014, 9:14 PM

How much experience and depth is on the OL & DL?

How many starters returning?

You'll get a real test in Athens. Georgia's main question mark is defense. Their offense theoretically should be pretty good. But I'm not yet sold on Hutson Mason, their replacement for Murray at QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here ya go....

Aug 26, 2014, 9:23 PM

Defensive Line
91 starts
5421 snaps
724 tackles
102.5 TFL
43 sacks
134 QB pressures
19 PBU s
11 FF
7 FR
3 blocked kicks

OLine
3046 snaps
151 appearances
90 pancake blocks
*this is minus those suspended

I think we're good.***

Aug 26, 2014, 9:47 PM

Very very good on DL, ok on OL

Aug 26, 2014, 9:24 PM

Clemson is really comfortable with everybody in the 2 deep on the DL, and in some cases they're pretty comfortable 3- deep.

The starting OL should be pretty good and will have plenty of experience, but most of them haven't started. David Beasley, a starter at guard, is suspended for the UGa game, but his replacement has some experience. Guard is a fairly deep and talented position, Center is a really strong position for Clemson, and we're good with our starters at OT. Biggest question mark is probably RT, but the coaches have been really happy with Joe Gore in camp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, good luck. The key to beating UGA's offense...

Aug 26, 2014, 9:43 PM

It's usually about making their QB uncomfortable and taking away their downfield passing game. If you can do that, you can usually beat them.

If Clemson's DL can "git after it", they can rattle Mason.

Hey smitty, how about GT? CPJ actually has a

Aug 26, 2014, 9:25 PM

good recruiting class lined up for 2015 NSD...if he has a bad year does he get fired?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Smitty says "Gawd I hope so"

Aug 26, 2014, 9:26 PM

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

It's all about the buyout...

Aug 26, 2014, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Hey smitty, how about GT? CPJ actually has a ]

For that reason, I think he gets 2 more years. I predict that 2015 will be his last year. That's enough time for two more 7 win seasons, 2 bowl losses, and losses to probably VT, Clemson, Miami & UGA, twice each.

leghumpers here will be quick to point out that we

Aug 26, 2014, 9:44 PM

haven't beaten y'all in ATL in over a decade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well, TBH...

Aug 26, 2014, 9:48 PM

Tech has usually played well against Clemson. It's not always that way. But we've usually held our own and even more. I used to always rate that game a toss-up every year, no matter how good or bad either team was.

But right now, the talent differential is just too much. The only way Clemson loses to Tech is if you lay a gigantic egg at BDS.

Dabo has out-recruited us to the point where we can't compete with Clemson anymore, which is sad. Tech/Clemson is a great rivalry. But in the current situation, it's no contest.

Hopefully Mrs Smitty will be the one who's

Aug 26, 2014, 9:52 PM

happy after that game...hopefully it won't be 2011 all over again.

Our DL is so good they could make GWP lawyer up

Aug 26, 2014, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Hey smitty, how about GT? CPJ actually has a ]

Vic Beasley once made DSP post in sign language.

Grady Jarrett once made deRoberts be nice.

DJ Reader once forced soccerkrzy to watch NASCAR.

Shaq Lawson once made CamMcgee vote Republican.

Scott Pagano made ConfessedCoot sing Tiger rag.

Tavaris Barnes told Anonymous08 to stop posting memes. He did.

Re: So, how good are you in the lines this year?....

Aug 26, 2014, 9:26 PM

Google up the D-line...shouldn't take you long to find articles calling it possibly one of the best in the nation this year.

As far as O-line, explained this to a UGA troll earlier (which seemingly hid afterwards)...for the UGA game, it's these guys (with stats and noteable games they took snaps in non-ACC or vs top teams)...Then afterwards, David Beasley returns to the O-line....

Isaiah Battle:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205530488
"Junior who is one of the team’s most athletic offensive linemen ... has 14 knockdowns in 512 snaps over 15 games (four starts) in his career ... had a significant role in each of Clemson’s wins over top-10 teams in bowl games in 2012 and 2013." "... had one knockdown in 17 snaps against No. 5 Florida State on Oct. 19 ... had two knockdowns in 37 snaps against Georgia Tech on Nov. 14; it was his first career start... had two knockdowns in playing all 60 snaps at No. 9 South Carolina on Nov. 30 ... had two knockdowns in playing all 77 snaps against No. 6 Ohio State in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 3.

Reid Webster:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529363
"Has played at tackle, guard and center during his career ... has five knockdowns in 217 snaps over 29 games in his career ... three-time ACC Academic Honor Roll member." "Had four knockdowns in 156 snaps over 13 games ... entered the game suddenly for Ryan Norton at center and played only one snap against No. 5 Georgia on Aug. 31; Tajh Boyd threw a 31-yard passing touchdown to Zac Brooks on the play... had one knockdown in 21 snaps against No. 5 Florida State on Oct. 19" "2011: graded 100 percent in seven snaps against No. 3 Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game on Dec. 3"

Eric MClain:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529450
"Began his career as a tight end, but has since moved to the offensive line ... has played on punt coverage teams ... has seven knockdowns in 178 snaps over 26 games in his career" " had two knockdowns in 17 snaps against No. 5 Florida State on Oct. 19"

Kalon Davis:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529465
" ... has 22 knockdowns in 715 snaps over 36 games (eight starts) in his career." "... had one knockdown in 40 snaps against No. 5 Florida State on Oct. 19 ... ... played 25 snaps at No. 9 South Carolina on Nov. 30; named team co-special teams player-of-the-game ... had one knockdown in 35 snaps against No. 6 Ohio State in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 3. 2012: ... had one knockdown in 25 snaps at No. 4 Florida State on Sept. 22 ... had a team-high four knockdowns in 23 snaps at Duke on Nov. 3 ... played two snaps against No. 7 Louisiana State in the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Dec. 31. 2011: Played 49 snaps over 12 games, including seven games on offensive plays ... played four snaps at No. 13 South Carolina on Nov. 26 ... played seven snaps against No. 3 Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game on Dec. 3 ... played 14 snaps against No. 22 West Virginia in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 4.

Joe Gore:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529391
"Has outstanding athleticism for an offensive lineman ... has three knockdowns in 124 snaps over 12 games in his career." "2012: ... played nine snaps against No. 7 Louisiana State in the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Dec. 31.

Ryan Norton:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205529446
"Was the top reserve on the offensive line in 2012 and was the starter at center in 2013 ...has 37 knockdowns in 1,118 snaps over 25 games (13 starts) in his career." "2013: Had 28 knockdowns in 841 snaps over 13 games (13 starts) ... had a team-high two knockdowns in 78 snaps against No. 5 Georgia on Aug. 31; it was his first career start; named ACC Co-Offensive Lineman-of-the-Week ...had two knockdowns in 72 snaps against No. 5 Florida State on Oct. 19...had two knockdowns in playing all 60 snaps at No. 9 South Carolina on Nov. 30 ... had two knockdowns in playing all 77 snaps against No. 6 Ohio State in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 3."

Aug 26, 2014, 9:56 PM

I agree with all except Joe Gore. LSU game shouldn't even be mentioned for him, very bad and very few plays for him.

Aug 26, 2014, 11:47 PM

agreed...just listing the one big game he was in...not his best by any means, but the Georgia people feel the need to base on that over the ones he did good that "are minor league" in their eyes..lol...

What is this Smitty? Ask a question then disappear?***

Aug 26, 2014, 9:38 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sorry. Watching TV and forgot to re-check my thread.*

Aug 26, 2014, 9:52 PM

Don't mind york, he's a moran***

Aug 26, 2014, 9:53 PM

I am not a mormon***

Aug 26, 2014, 9:54 PM

Hey, Smitty! Welcome back!

Aug 26, 2014, 9:49 PM

Hoping to hear from you and Cobbler later in the season. Folks seem to think our O Line will tell the tale Saturday. I tend to believe it will be the team with fewer turnovers and more consistent play at linebacker.

And I like our chances with both.

Take care! See y'all later this season!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to see you...

Aug 26, 2014, 9:51 PM

Georgia's front 7 on defense is pretty good. It's their 2ndary that's bad. And they have a new coordinator. So, it's got that unknown factor.

I think the game will be won either way by a field goal.

Re: Good to see you...

Aug 27, 2014, 12:38 AM

How do you know if our secondary will be bad? The secondary didn't have much coaching last year because coach Lakatos was having health issues! And getting Pruitt who is probably the best secondary coach outside of Nick Saban coaching them up just a little bit will make them better than last's year's secondary!!

Aug 27, 2014, 9:48 AM

Yes, because you have so much insider information to know they won't be, right? or just hoping?

Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 AM

They will be better than last year! And were did I say I had insider information? And like I said in my previous post they didn't get much coaching last year because of the coach having health issues! If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

Well, here's the thought process...

Aug 27, 2014, 8:40 PM

Last year, your secondary sucked, even though you had a lot of talent. As you said, they didn't get any coaching. But then in the off-season you lost some guys that would've started. So, you'll have some (not all, but some) untested DB's with a first-year coach.

Given all of that, it's not a stretch to think that your 2ndary will be a weak spot in game 1.

Now, I could be wrong. But if I'm looking at your defense, I would attack that secondary until they prove to me that they can defend. The UGA front 7 is a different story. There's talent, experience, and a track-record of good results even under the previous coach.

Just to stir it up...Go Wofford!

Aug 26, 2014, 10:13 PM

note my screen-name - Triple Option v Triple Option - better not look past the Tdogs, they can slip up on anybody..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,800
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic