Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good rule breakdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 869

Good rule breakdown

Dec 30, 2019, 8:05 PM

https://twitter.com/jackmaccfb/status/1211378442450722816

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last night, I felt like Ross made a catch and fumble.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:24 PM

Even this morning that was my take - we got a break on that one. Then today I read the rule, and now understand that it was the right call to overturn it - it was not a catch by rule. Good explanation here too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Good rule breakdown

Dec 31, 2019, 10:17 AM

this guy sounds as much the hack as anyone else. We caught a break, the ultra rare call went our way scenario. If this same call went against us (i.e in the end zone or for critical 1st down) not sure we would not sound just like OSU, Dabo would not, our AD would not... but since we don't make the determination and someone with far more experience does, in the end its their call. This did not determine the outcome of the game.

Message was edited by: JPF16®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're so wrong in how Dabo handles bad breaks.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:38 AM

Most of all for this play you're wrong on us "catching a break". In real time I knew it was not a catch. The refs were doing what many of us fans say all the time. They were letting the play go instead of blowing the whistle too soon. Let replay do it's job and sort it out later.
Had it stood as a catch fumble, then the question the replay official had to ask is was Ross's forward progress stopped. Btw..yes his forward progress was stopped seeing as to how he never went forward. But you see the world your way, I'll see it mine. We'll meet in the middle somewhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good rule breakdown

Dec 31, 2019, 10:28 AM

What most fans seem to have missed was the significance of the referee saying they had watched it in slow motion and "REAL TIME". The reason he said that is because in slow motion you just cannot tell whether he had time to make "move common to the game". In real time you can, and it was obvious in real time he had no time to hand the ball off, pitch it, or tuck it and make a move.

End of story, but many fans are too lazy to actually look up the rule and understand what it means ..... even some former referees and athletic directors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 869
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic