Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good read on Jeff Scott.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Good read on Jeff Scott.

Jan 24, 2020, 10:19 PM

Apologies if posted already,

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2020/01/24/clemson-is-in-jeff-scotts-blood-and-usf-is-getting-a-transfusion/?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good read on Jeff Scott.

Jan 24, 2020, 11:33 PM

Thanks. I hope he is successful sooner rather than later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 24, 2020, 11:51 PM

YeP. Hope he does well. Guess it comes a time when you have to move on but I can't understand why anyone would want to leave Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 9:59 AM

I look at this as an opportunity for him to get some head coaching experience before he someday replaces Dabo here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 11:06 AM

I surely would be OK with it if that happen. Jeff took every step with Dabo, and nobody knows Dabo better than Jeff Scott!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 8:08 AM

Nice read, thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The article fails to mention Clemson's secret weapon

Jan 25, 2020, 10:41 AM

Newspring®™.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The article fails to mention Clemson's secret weapon

Jan 25, 2020, 11:08 AM

Shhhhhhh;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 11:03 AM

That is a pretty good article. Besides BV, Jeff was one of Dabo's assistance that I didn't want to ever see leave, but he is the one that I believed could have the same type of success that Dabo has had at Clemson if he lands at a place to where the administration would be 100% behind him the way the Clemson administration has been behind Dabo.

If the UCF administration gets All In with Jeff, Jeff will build a championship program there that will have year after year success just as we have had with Dabo at Clemson... Before Jeff's stint as an assistant coach for Dabo, my thoughts where Jeff Scott is concerned has always took me back to when Jeff was a very young first time HS HC, he built a first ever HS FB program at Blythewood High School in cootlumbia, and he won the 3A Title in the schools first FB season, with Jeff Scott in his first ever Head Coaching job. It may take a few seasons, but Jeff Scott will build a winning FB program for the UCF Bulls. And I don't think that Jeff will leave there until he has proved he can win consistently at that level before he grabs at the first Power 5 offer that comes his way, like other coaches has done and failed!!!!

Jan 25, 2020, 11:45 AM

A big reason Coach Scott was successful at Blythewood was Richard Mounce who was a great athlete. He originally signed with Clemson in baseball. He never gave up on football and after two years he transferred to Charleston Southern to make his dream come true. He had success early on, then he blew out a knee and never recovered. Today he lives in Durham and owns a deck company; however his goal is to be the pastor at a church someday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic